PDA

View Full Version : What a bunch of dumarses...

Okla-homey
12/23/2007, 03:27 PM
People. Please be careful. Especially in the flippin' ice and snow. Even more so when you're all likkered-up. Sheesh. One life lost, another life ruined.

Lawyer is killed; partner arrested

http://aycu39.webshots.com/image/36598/2001083414575498681_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2001083414575498681)
Kenneth Morgan: He reportedly admitted to drinking beer and racing his car before the crash.

By Staff Reports
12/23/2007

A Tulsa attorney was killed early Saturday when a car driven by his law partner crashed while racing on Sheridan Road, police said. Andre Carolina died after being transported to St. John Medical Center.

Kenneth L. Morgan, 33, was arrested on a complaint of first-degree manslaughter, according to Tulsa Police records. The men worked at the Carolina & Morgan law office at 2 W. Sixth St.

According to police records, Morgan was driving a black 2006 Nissan 350Z northbound on Sheridan Road about 1 a.m. Saturday when he lost control of the car near 21st Street and crashed.

Witnesses reported Morgan's car was racing another vehicle when the crash occurred.

Morgan admitted to police that he was racing when he lost control of the car. Officers reported the smell of alcohol on his breath and said his eyes were bloodshot and watery. They also said he was unsteady on his feet and admitted drinking "two, three beers." [the standard response I might add.:rolleyes: ]

Morgan was taken to St. John with several injuries and later was arrested there. He was released after posting a $50,000 bond, jail records show. He is scheduled to appear in court Jan. 2.

MextheBulldog
12/23/2007, 05:28 PM
Nothing good happens after 1 am.

yermom
12/23/2007, 06:16 PM
racing last night? on Sheridan? in a 350Z?

how many ways can you say moron?

i guess i left out "lawyer" ;)

SOONER STEAKER
12/23/2007, 06:51 PM
There is only one thing to learn about this story, "DON'T DRINK & DRIVE!!"

Fraggle145
12/23/2007, 06:55 PM
http://michelemiller.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/dumb_people_jpeg.jpg

OCUDad
12/23/2007, 07:49 PM
Social Darwinism at work.

1stTimeCaller
12/23/2007, 07:56 PM
not as good as the busload over a cliff but a good start nonetheless!!

LoyalFan
12/23/2007, 09:01 PM
Nothing good happens after 1 am.

Wrong again, kibble breath, and I've got some "home movies" to prove it.

Sincerely,

H. Hefner

tommieharris91
12/23/2007, 11:59 PM
racing last night? on Sheridan? in a 350Z?

how many ways can you say moron?

i guess i left out "lawyer" ;)

You forgot to add "33 years old" and "racing drunk on icy streets."

soonersweetie
12/24/2007, 12:28 AM
North Sheridan? I thought only the numbered streets ran north/south and sheridan/yale/memorial, etc were east/west?

Absolute idiots by the way

yermom
12/24/2007, 02:22 AM
You forgot to add "33 years old" and "racing drunk on icy streets."

the icy streets part was the last night thing... i was out there, it was pretty bad...

and Sheridan, Memorial, etc... run North-South, the numbered streets are like 21st Street South, 56th Street North, etc...

Jimminy Crimson
12/24/2007, 03:36 AM
Homey, you still have time to turn back!

Lawyerin' is a bunch of trouble! ;)

OklaPony
12/24/2007, 09:00 AM
I actually wrote a message to KOTV when I saw this yesterday. The headline on their version of the story read "Attorney Dead After Late Night Drag Race". This may seem like a minor point to most but as an avid fan and occasional particpant in actual drag racing, I pointed out to them that this was not drag racing, but illegal street racing. I haven't heard back from them yet and the fuggers haven't changed the headline, either.

Hamhock
12/24/2007, 09:06 AM
North Sheridan? I thought only the numbered streets ran north/south and sheridan/yale/memorial, etc were east/west?

if you really mean the exact opposite, you are correct.

Okla-homey
12/24/2007, 09:31 AM
if you really mean the exact opposite, you are correct.

Just remember, named=north

yermom
12/24/2007, 09:53 AM
like Pine and Admiral? ;)

Okla-homey
12/24/2007, 10:25 AM
like Pine and Admiral? ;)

it hasn't been the same up there since 1921.

Anyway, Admiral is the border between the Cherokee and Creek Nations, so it kinda had to go east-west along that stretch.

OklaPony
12/26/2007, 08:33 AM
I actually wrote a message to KOTV when I saw this yesterday. The headline on their version of the story read "Attorney Dead After Late Night Drag Race". This may seem like a minor point to most but as an avid fan and occasional particpant in actual drag racing, I pointed out to them that this was not drag racing, but illegal street racing. I haven't heard back from them yet and the fuggers haven't changed the headline, either.
Well, whaddya know? I got an email back from the web content czar:

Hello OklaPony,

Thank you for your e-mail. You make an excellent point. I've adjusted the headline and script accordingly. I've also spoken with the writer about the error. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for logging on to kotv.com

Best regards,

Shawn Wittrock
Web Content Executive Producer

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2007 9:05 AM
Subject: [kotv.com support] Street Racing Is Not Drag Racing

Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx

http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=141949

In your story "Attorney Dead After Late Night Drag Race" you have
incorrectly labelled this event. This was Street Racing, not Drag
Racing. Drag racing is an organized event at a sanctioned facilty
complete with safety inspections, specific regulations, and emergency
personnel. Please revise your headlines and story accordingly.

Thank You,

OklaPony
Norman, OK
My name was changed to protect the semi-innocent.

Oldnslo
12/26/2007, 10:46 AM
I know Kenny Morgan. He's not a bad guy. Not the toughest lawyer I was ever pitted against, but he recognized his inexperience and was trying to get better.

Last I knew, he was driving a POS chevrolet sedan. I guess he had some success with a case or two in order to upgrade his ride. Maybe they were celebrating.

He made a mistake that he'll be paying for every day for the rest of his life. Damn shame. I hope he's okay... but he won't be. Ever.

Okla-homey
12/26/2007, 11:53 AM
I know Kenny Morgan. He's not a bad guy. Not the toughest lawyer I was ever pitted against, but he recognized his inexperience and was trying to get better.

Last I knew, he was driving a POS chevrolet sedan. I guess he had some success with a case or two in order to upgrade his ride. Maybe they were celebrating.

He made a mistake that he'll be paying for every day for the rest of his life. Damn shame. I hope he's okay... but he won't be. Ever.

I read in today's World, he will be a pall bearer. Tough gig under any circumstances, but in this case...wow.