PDA

View Full Version : List of players redshirting this year?

ArkanSooner
12/23/2007, 10:10 AM
Can anyone provide me with one?

TIA.

MextheBulldog
12/23/2007, 10:34 AM
Why?

oudivesherpa
12/23/2007, 09:32 PM
Why Not

goingoneight
12/23/2007, 10:58 PM
We had a very small recruiting class, with only two players who actually saw the field from what I recall. Keith Nichol and Jimmy Stevens. Don't ask me why we pulled Steven's redshirt, but I've seen him on KO coverage a few times. Maybe he's a better tackler than he is a kicker. :confused:

snp
12/24/2007, 12:05 AM
I think you confused Stevens with Madu since they both share #17 and Madu is a ST player.

We won't really know until it's announced by the coaches since players can play in the early part and make up a BS injury to retain their RS. I guess Reed might be able to get a hardship RS with all the problems he and his wife had to go through. That is, if the NCAA grows a soul between now and then.

insuranceman_22
12/24/2007, 02:45 AM
I think you confused Stevens with Madu since they both share #17 and Madu is a ST player.

We won't really know until it's announced by the coaches since players can play in the early part and make up a BS injury to retain their RS. I guess Reed might be able to get a hardship RS with all the problems he and his wife had to go through. That is, if the NCAA grows a soul between now and then.

Well stated pirate!

soonerboomer93
12/24/2007, 03:18 AM
honestly, it seems like the NCAA is never that bad when it comes to medical or hardship redshirts

Collier11
12/24/2007, 03:22 AM
honestly, it seems like the NCAA is never that bad when it comes to medical or hardship redshirts

The sad thing is, for everything good that the NCAA does like being pretty lenient and giving guys 5th and 6th years, they do 5 idiotic things.

Crucifax Autumn
12/24/2007, 04:59 AM
I've been redshirting for over 20 years now...just waiting for my chance to help out!

Little Al
12/25/2007, 05:01 AM
Soul + NCAA = Oxymoron

Crucifax Autumn
12/25/2007, 05:09 AM
So James Brown wasn't a fan of College Ball? He was the godfather of soul and his namesake played for Uterus!

Rhino
12/25/2007, 10:16 PM
Like SNP said, no one except the coaches really know for sure, but as far as I know, Keith Nichol is the only true freshman that played.

On the game participation charts, it shows WR Tyler Stradford, DE David Anderson, S Sam Proctor and CB Jamell Fleming have all played, but that list isn't always accurate.

That would mean these players definitely redshirted:
• WR: Corey Wilson and Ryan Broyles
• OL: Kody Cooke, Jason Hannan, Donald Stephenson and Alex Williams
• DE: Frank Alexander and Jontae 'Bobo' Bumpus
• LB: Austin Box and Travis Lewis
• CB: Desmond Jackson
• PK: Jimmy Stevens

As far as non-freshmen go:
• FB Matt Clapp redshirted to get completely healthy.
• S Quenton Carter and WR Brandon Caleb will probably get medical redshirts, as will DE John Williams.
• Mike Reed will probably get an extra year too.

insuranceman_22
12/26/2007, 01:41 AM
thx rhino

Crucifax Autumn
12/26/2007, 04:02 AM
Yep...Thanks. It's kinda interesting to see who will be around that extra year when looking ahead.