View Full Version : HS football state champs

hgarmorer
12/21/2007, 10:20 PM
How did your school do?

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=749536

I don't think mine (John Marshall) has been back in quite some time :(

EskimOU
12/21/2007, 11:30 PM
We'll see tomorrow as our local high school plays for Texas 5A state championship. Kind of interesting if you're a fan of Friday Night Lights the TV show since they took the logo and film a lot of their games at the field and the surrounding area. Here's to the REAL Panthers, Go Pflugerville!

P.S. - I didn't go there but I gotta support the neighborhood kids.

SOONER STEAKER
12/21/2007, 11:45 PM
My school has never done better. Bishop McGuinness HS, 28 straight wins & back to back Class 4A State Championships.

IronSooner
12/22/2007, 01:08 AM
Since I didn't go to Jenks or Union, my HS won't be winning it for the next 50 years.

frou
12/22/2007, 08:46 AM
Me nephew's team lost in the Class A final to Okeene.

14-1 and only losing 4 starters. 08 looks good.

mfosterftw
12/22/2007, 09:04 AM
I went to three different high schools... the first, Olathe South, lost to Hutchinson in the Kansas 6A championship. School number two, Euless Trinity, is playing Converse Judson in the Alamodome today for the Texas 5A Division I title. School number three, Lake Orion, made it three games deep (quarterfinals) into the playoffs before losing to the eventual Michigan Division 1 state champ Macomb Dakota (third time in four years Dakota's beaten the Dragons in the playoffs).

Update: Trinity beat Converse Judson 13-10

It kind of sucked going to three schools, but by casting a wide net at least one is in the hunt for a title each year. :D

Okla-homey
12/22/2007, 09:05 AM
Ardmore hasn't been the same since Germaine Gresham left for Norman.:(

stoopified
12/22/2007, 09:25 AM
Clinton Red Tornados rule.OK,I din't go there but my wife did.

Jacie
12/22/2007, 10:19 AM
I don't think mine (John Marshall) has been back in quite some time :(

John Marshall, Class of '71. Best the Bears did when I was there was 3rd in the Midstate Conference . . . 10 teams including the MWC Bombers, PC Pirates, NWC Knights, and Enid (when all of those were still pretty decent teams), Southeast, Grant, Douglas and Shawnee (any of which could and did beat us one year or another) and the only dog of the group, Capitol Hill. Enrollment-wise, JM was one of the top three highschools in Oklahoma my senior year.

Desert Sapper
12/22/2007, 11:58 AM
Waynesville, MO

Class 5 Champs

Go Tigers!

Kels
12/22/2007, 12:10 PM
My alma mater stinks. However, in '90 we beat Jenks by 30 in the playoffs. We then lost to Booker T by 1 at home on a controversial last play.

About once every other decade we will win 8 games. What can you expect when you have guys like jkm playing OL?

On Sapulpa!

freshchris05
12/22/2007, 12:17 PM
Clinton Red's State Champs... number 15...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/22/2007, 01:25 PM
Waynesville, MO

Class 5 Champs

Go Tigers!

Yeah. I picked them early in the year after they beat Joplin. I had to pat myself on the back there. Waynesville had more team speed than anyone in any class this year.

I'm from Webb City, Mo. We didn't win this year but we have 7 class 4 titles since 1989, last one in 2006.

MichiganSooner
12/22/2007, 01:30 PM
The Midland High Chemics (how about that name) of Midland, Michigan lost to Detroit Martin Luther King 47-21 in the finals. Midland led at end of 3rd quarter 21-14. Ouch.

The Bartlesville Bruins of Oklahoma were 2-8 or 1-9.

Fraggle145
12/22/2007, 03:03 PM
My school wins 6A baseball every year... :(

MiccoMacey
12/22/2007, 03:12 PM
Won it all in '03, made it to the semi's and got beat by EC in '05, and got bounced in the quarters this year by Guthrie.

Collier11
12/22/2007, 03:29 PM
watonga hasnt won a title since 93 and 94 when they went back to back, last made it to the championship in 97. Since 2000, only made the playoffs twice which is wierd cus Watonga has always been good at fball

Collier11
12/22/2007, 03:32 PM
Waynesville, MO

Class 5 Champs

Go Tigers!

No crap, I lived in Dixon from 3rd to 8th grade which I guess would have been 1988-1994 ish. We had a dominant little league baseball team but of course we could never beat waynesville, but that was the equivalent of a 2A team playing a 5A team I suppose. Small world!

iOU
12/22/2007, 03:35 PM
Future Sooner Ben Habern's Liberty Christian (Argyle, TX) Warriors made their third straight appearance in the TAPPS division 2 State Championship game. After losing his sophomore and junior year, Habern finally got his ring with a 28-7 win over Dallas Christian. Habern also earned 1st team All-State honors at both OL and DL. You are going to love this kid!

47Wins
12/22/2007, 05:08 PM
Grew up in Muskogee when they were pretty unbeatable. Now living in Guthrie who stomped a mudhole in nearly everyone this year and won the state 5A championship.

Cam
12/22/2007, 06:09 PM
My HS won three games this year, which unfortunately was an improvement over the last few years. They haven't been good for a while.

jrsooner
12/22/2007, 06:37 PM
We'll see tomorrow as our local high school plays for Texas 5A state championship. Kind of interesting if you're a fan of Friday Night Lights the TV show since they took the logo and film a lot of their games at the field and the surrounding area. Here's to the REAL Panthers, Go Pflugerville!
P.S. - I didn't go there but I gotta support the neighborhood kids.GO KATY!!! My kids don't go there yet... give my oldest has another 5 years. :) So my wife has me watching the game on channel 2 tonight (local channel).

http://www.katyathleticboosterclub.org/katyfootballheader2.jpg

ClintonSooner
12/22/2007, 06:56 PM
i just got my third state ring yay! so ya i played for a champion team this year

15 GOLD BALLS! beat that Katy!

dorph31
12/23/2007, 12:26 AM
Update: Trinity beat Converse Judson 13-10

Go Trinity!

Great to see my alma mater pull out another state championship! We were on the cusp when I was in high school but lost in the state semis my Jr year to Reggie McNeal. . . haha, oh which was revenged in the college years :)

BTW the Euless Trinity Trojan football team is the team featured in the Gatorade commercials that end with Bill Parcels at the toll booth.

Desert Sapper
12/23/2007, 01:13 AM
Yeah. I picked them early in the year after they beat Joplin. I had to pat myself on the back there. Waynesville had more team speed than anyone in any class this year.

I'm from Webb City, Mo. We didn't win this year but we have 7 class 4 titles since 1989, last one in 2006.

This was huge for WHS. The only time we were good when I was in HS, we probably should have won Class 5, but lost in the rain to a Kickapoo team we clobbered in the beginning of the season. This is the first state championship for Waynesville. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be at the Jones Dome for the game against Belton. Great season. Coach Vernon deserves every bit of it, and if the Sooners are listening, it sounds like LJ Fort (http://www.oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=65522) is interested.

Desert Sapper
12/23/2007, 01:16 AM
No crap, I lived in Dixon from 3rd to 8th grade which I guess would have been 1988-1994 ish. We had a dominant little league baseball team but of course we could never beat waynesville, but that was the equivalent of a 2A team playing a 5A team I suppose. Small world!

Small world, indeed. I was an Army brat and graduated from WHS in '96.

KantoSooner
12/23/2007, 08:00 AM
i have the proud record of being ordered to forfeit a game because we had too few players left. We were a 350 kid high school playing against a US Air Force School with enrollment of 2,400 and we finally had too many injuries to field a team anymore.
Still hate those b*stards.

MI Sooner
12/23/2007, 08:34 AM
Michigan - Div. 3 state champs, in 5OT

Question for any OK residents. MI uses college OT rules except teams start from the 10 instead of the 25, and teams aren't required to go for two in the third OT and after. Does OK use the same format?

jrsooner
12/23/2007, 09:01 AM
15 GOLD BALLS! beat that Katy!Undefeated seaon, and their 5th championship win! It was funny though, because during the broadcast they were saying how one kid was now rethinking his committal to UCLA. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

PLaw
12/23/2007, 10:22 AM
Looks like Landry Jones and the Artesia Bulldogs lit up Roswell Goddard. AHS hung 58 on Goddard.

BOOMER

PLaw
12/23/2007, 10:24 AM
Go Trinity!

Great to see my alma mater pull out another state championship! We were on the cusp when I was in high school but lost in the state semis my Jr year to Reggie McNeal. . . haha, oh which was revenged in the college years :)

BTW the Euless Trinity Trojan football team is the team featured in the Gatorade commercials that end with Bill Parcels at the toll booth.

KUDOS to the Trojans and the HAKA. Did they bring it out before the game? It reminds me of the All Blacks rugby club from New Zealand.

BOOMER

PLaw
12/23/2007, 10:31 AM

P.S. - I didn't go there but I gotta support the neighborhood kids.

Uhh, the real MOJO and Panthers reside about 384 miles due West.

BOOMER

GoSoonersGo
12/23/2007, 02:33 PM
Eisnhower Eagles - Lost to MWC with Cale Gundy at QB in the 1988 championship game in the last 90 seconds....sucks. However we did win the USA Today NC in 1990 oh and the state title.

ClintonSooner
12/23/2007, 06:17 PM
Undefeated seaon, and their 5th championship win! It was funny though, because during the broadcast they were saying how one kid was now rethinking his committal to UCLA. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

huh?

Tulsa_Fireman
12/23/2007, 07:09 PM
Grew up in Muskogee when they were pretty unbeatable. Now living in Guthrie who stomped a mudhole in nearly everyone this year and won the state 5A championship.

The reason that's "nearly" and not just everyone is because of Oklahoma's 5A PERENNIAL champion and 2007 semi-finalist...

Midwest City's finest CARL ALBERT TITANS.

Good job this year, Titans. You still have one finger left to cover with a ring, boys. Make '08 number ten.

soonerboomer93
12/23/2007, 07:22 PM
sadly

my HS's marching band competes for and wins more championships then the FB team does. I know they won atleast 1 game this year though...

soonermeteor
12/23/2007, 07:30 PM
My high school lost the Colorado 5A championship. :(

Landthief 1972
12/24/2007, 10:54 AM
Kingfisher blew a lead that would have given them their second State Championship in 4 years.

THANKS CLINTON! :)

OUmillenium
12/24/2007, 12:37 PM
Eisnhower Eagles - Lost to MWC with Cale Gundy at QB in the 1988 championship game in the last 90 seconds....sucks. However we did win the USA Today NC in 1990 oh and the state title.

Ahh those were the days!

My cousin was once married to Tim Reynolds. A Sportsanimal caller asked Pat Jones what Tim was doing these days and Pat simply said he was out of coaching.

By the way, Jenks won but that is where I work not where I am from.

Collier11
12/24/2007, 12:54 PM
Kingfisher blew a lead that would have given them their second State Championship in 4 years.

THANKS CLINTON! :)

you know, my Watonga Eagles dominated your Jackets for about 20 some odd years in a row until Kingfisher remembered that they were a bigger school than us and were supposed to beat us!!! ;)

Landthief 1972
12/24/2007, 03:16 PM
you know, my Watonga Eagles dominated your Jackets for about 20 some odd years in a row until Kingfisher remembered that they were a bigger school than us and were supposed to beat us!!! ;)

Yes, I remember... I was part of that juggernaught Jacket team in the fall of '88 and '89... in which we went 2-8 both years. :(

Just to give you an idea of perhaps why this was so: the cross country coach and basketball coach actively discouraged their star players from going out for football (even flat-out said "you are not playing football if you want to start for me"), which meant some pretty talented guys were shooting hoops in September, which is a travesty. Thanks to this dearth of talent, I was forced to play O and D line at a whopping 6 foot, 155-lbs. Our fullback and tightend were heavier than me. :D

Oh, and our coach my junior year once called for a punt on 3rd down. Seriously.

hgarmorer
12/25/2007, 09:02 AM
John Marshall, Class of '71. Best the Bears did when I was there was 3rd in the Midstate Conference . . . 10 teams including the MWC Bombers, PC Pirates, NWC Knights, and Enid (when all of those were still pretty decent teams), Southeast, Grant, Douglas and Shawnee (any of which could and did beat us one year or another) and the only dog of the group, Capitol Hill. Enrollment-wise, JM was one of the top three highschools in Oklahoma my senior year.

Class of '97, guess I should have pointed that out earlier, sorry. Anywho, we last won it in '95, lost to Ada in '96. Every now and then they get all froggy and like to bounced early, but oh well. Go BEARS!!!!!

goodonya
12/25/2007, 08:03 PM
My school lost to Cascia Hall in the finals. My kids school, for which one of my kids plays, won the District II 5A Texas State Championship two days ago. One second place, one first place. We're pleased. Merry Christmas.

MrJimBeam
12/26/2007, 04:51 AM
The mighty Stroud Tigers, District A-5 champions, Bi-District Champions, state quarterfinalist. Finished the season 9-4. Best season since '97 when the Tigers lost in the semi's to....Watonga.

Collier11
12/26/2007, 01:43 PM
The mighty Stroud Tigers, District A-5 champions, Bi-District Champions, state quarterfinalist. Finished the season 9-4. Best season since '97 when the Tigers lost in the semi's to....Watonga.

I do remember that game vividly, one of the hardest hitting games I have seen in HS football.

MrJimBeam
12/27/2007, 04:19 AM
I do remember that game vividly, one of the hardest hitting games I have seen in HS football.
That was a violent game. Kyle Bookout, Kevin's brother, separated his shoudler in the 3rd quarter. He only weighed about 290lbs, took a big hit to separate that shoudler. Watonga's coaches son was a TE/DT and the linebacker's daddy played for OU back in the day. Watonga just had too much speed for us.

Collier11
12/27/2007, 12:14 PM
That was a violent game. Kyle Bookout, Kevin's brother, separated his shoudler in the 3rd quarter. He only weighed about 290lbs, took a big hit to separate that shoudler. Watonga's coaches son was a TE/DT and the linebacker's daddy played for OU back in the day. Watonga just had too much speed for us.

Piccirrillo was the TE/DT, hell of a player but a mega dick! Jarrod Roach was the kid whose dad played at OU, during the 'Game of the Century' he reportedly broke one of johnny rodgers ribs! He went on to be a freshman all-american TE at Tulsa but got burnt out after 2 years and went to veterinary school

deweydw
12/27/2007, 12:42 PM
My highschool, Deer Park, for the last two years finished second in district behind power house North Shore and lost in the first round of playoff's. Deer Park is east of Houston in 22-5A division II. The team we beat in district play, Pasadena Memorial, went 3 deep in the playoffs and lost to mighty Katy. Here's to next season. (can't wait)

picasso
12/27/2007, 01:21 PM
Hominy Bucks made it to the Class A semis, with not much talent but a lot of heart and finally some good coaching.