PDA

View Full Version : OU Predictions so far.....

soonervegas
12/21/2007, 10:55 AM
Where is everyone at on the men? I had them going 19-12 this year and them being 8-4 at this point. They are one game above my prediction with a 9-3 record (Damn SFA). I have them going 9-7 in conference and I feel somewhat comfortable with that pick even with 5 games against UT, A&M, and Kansas.

Is 20-11 enough with quality wins against ARKY and Gonzaga and a bad loss against SFA.

Where is everyone else at?

stoopified
12/21/2007, 11:00 AM
I picked them to go 21-10 heading into the Big 12 Tourney,9-7 in conference.They are actually -1 on my board at this point with the loss to SFA.I had us beating UA and Gonzaga but feel we will lose to WV and win the rest of of OUr non-con slate.

LittleWingSooner
12/21/2007, 11:44 AM
Right now 18 or 19 wins is about what I expect. Hopefully we get 20 or so in the Big 12 Tourney and just make the NCAA Tournament. I'm still not sure if we can get any consistent offense from our guards.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/21/2007, 12:08 PM
Where is everyone at on the men? I had them going 19-12 this year and them being 8-4 at this point. They are one game above my prediction with a 9-3 record (Damn SFA). I have them going 9-7 in conference and I feel somewhat comfortable with that pick even with 5 games against UT, A&M, and Kansas.

Is 20-11 enough with quality wins against ARKY and Gonzaga and a bad loss against SFA.

Where is everyone else at?

They are who I thought they were.....:D

I thought 21-12 and just getting in the NCAA tourney before the year started. 11-4 non-conf. 9-7 conf with a first round Big 12 tourney win.

I thought before the season that we probably beat Arky or the Zags but probably not both. Certainly didn't see Steve Austin coming. I think we probably lose at WV and are right at 11-4 going into conf play.

Even just 9-7 would probably mean a couple more quality wins. I'm willing to bet our RPI is going to be real solid.

I think we are definitely better than last year but the league is much better as well. The way the Big 12 is doing in non-conf so far this could be the year that 6-7 teams make the tourney.

okienole3
12/21/2007, 12:14 PM
Losing to SFA at home was a bad loss, but I don't thank that in the end, it will be as bad as we think it is now. I think SFA will be a tourney team.

badger
12/21/2007, 12:33 PM
As Kelvin's final season shows, it's not enough to get wins early on in the season. You have to show the tourney people you've got it LATE in the season. A solid Big 12 tourney showing is a must. As are at least one win against quality Big 12 opponents. A signature win against Texas, Texas A&M and/or Kansas is a must. Kansas State or Oklahoma State would be good statements too, but not as necessary as a whorn win, aggie win or jayhawk win.

We have 'em each at home. WE NEED CROWD NOISE NOW!

SleestakSooner
12/21/2007, 12:37 PM
SFA was the wake up call this team needed. Almost all teams suffer a bad loss like that during a season. It's how they respond afterward that determines if it was a fluke or not.

If the Sooners can finish with 9-10 wins in conference (above .500) I think they will get the nod. The Big XII has shown to be the best conference to this point. If they finish at or below .500 it will be nail biting time when the tourney teams are announced. I think the SFA loss comes back to bite them and it's NIT or nothing.