PDA

View Full Version : Okie State Screws A Couple Of Their Recruits.....Again!

FaninAma
12/21/2007, 10:25 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=181#s=181&f=2336&t=1692681

This is becoming an annual occurence for the aggies. I guess the coaching staff really didn't mean to screw these 2 kids but they just have a hard time with math....like counting to 25.

Stitch Face
12/21/2007, 10:32 AM
Heh. "Gooner."

MamaMia
12/21/2007, 11:22 AM
I'm amazed at how osu can justify doing this to these kids.

frankensooner
12/21/2007, 12:17 PM
We don't get it cause we are gooners. They said it was no big deal. ;)

badger
12/21/2007, 12:29 PM
I'm amazed at how osu can justify doing this to these kids.
So it was bad planning on OSU's part. Perhaps the kids didn't realize they'd be done with high school early when they were being recruited. Let's be fair to OSU. Perhaps they were planning ahead or trying to, but situations changed.

Then again, maybe they're just not getting players graduated in a timely fashion.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/21/2007, 12:30 PM
The recruits in question...

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/03_02/sheep240307_486x386.jpg

MamaMia
12/21/2007, 01:30 PM
So it was bad planning on OSU's part. Perhaps the kids didn't realize they'd be done with high school early when they were being recruited. Let's be fair to OSU. Perhaps they were planning ahead or trying to, but situations changed.

Then again, maybe they're just not getting players graduated in a timely fashion.
Yeah, thats it. If I had a dime for every time a high school kid said "Boy that graduation thing happening a semester early sure came as a big surprise to me", I would have a whole penny. Or, "Gee, if it weren't for this unfortunate situation change, I could have been somewhere having Spring practice with some Div. I-A university, which really would have come in handy since I'm a football player and all." :D

KingDavid
12/21/2007, 02:20 PM
Just posted this on their site:

Let's put this in perspective as we prepare for the bliss of Christmas with our families. You are the father of three sons, twins age 10: Ronnie, Jonnie, and Donnie.

"Sons, I have some good news and some bad news about Christmas," you say.

"Yeah, Dad? Start with the good news," the boys chime together. "We want to hear that first."

"Well, you know that Ski Trip we were all going to take to Aspen this year over Christmas?" you say, with a slight stutter while closely inspecting your fingernails, which need to be trimmed.

"Yeah, Dad. What about it?"

"Well, sons, the good news . . ." you have found a hang-nail and stop for a lengthy pause.

"Go on, Father, tell us the good news!"

"Oh yes, the good news," you say again. Where are the nailclippers when you need them? "Well . . . the good news is that even though your mother and I did some very poor calculations with our budget for this year, the good news is that we all still get to go!"

"Then what's the bad news, Dad?"

"The bad news," you say, turning to Donnie, "is that Donnie, you'll have to wait until June."

Rhino
12/21/2007, 02:51 PM
Gundy has done this before - to Preston Brown in 2006 (http://www.orangepower.com/archive/index.php/t-24627.html).

OSU has done this before too - with Adam Warmuth and Mark Farraway in 1992 (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_n33_v219/ai_17159025). HBO Real Sports won an Emmy for their coverage of that in 1995.

OklahomaTuba
12/21/2007, 04:33 PM
Warmuth was just flat dumb to stay there that long if he thought he could play ball.

Nevertheless, the aggots are good at screwing people.

They screw their students with a ****ty 3rd tier edumacation, they screw their fans by overcharging them for ****ty football, they screw the tards in stoolwater by stealing their property, and they screw every tax payer in this state by having to fund that POS school.

goingoneight
12/22/2007, 02:11 AM
Just posted this on their site:
So... which two are the twins?

Crucifax Autumn
12/22/2007, 06:11 AM
My wife's boobs in my vocabulary!

OU-HSV
12/22/2007, 07:57 AM
My wife's boobs in my vocabulary!
Pics?....Link??...;) :D

Mixer!
12/22/2007, 09:46 AM
Warmuth was just flat dumb to stay there that long if he thought he could play ball.

They screw their students with a ****ty 3rd tier edumacation, they screw their fans by overcharging them for ****ty football, they screw the tards in stoolwater by stealing their property, and they screw every tax payer in this state by having to fund that POS school. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

fadada1
12/22/2007, 09:58 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
"tard in stoolwater" i presume????

;) :D

stoopified
12/22/2007, 11:50 AM

They screw their students with a ****ty 3rd tier edumacation, they screw their fans by overcharging them for ****ty football, they screw the tards in stoolwater by stealing their property, and they screw every tax payer in this state by having to fund that POS school.
I thought sheep was the ag specialty.

OklahomaTuba
12/22/2007, 12:00 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Of course, I meant that in the most respectable manner possible.

:D

Civicus_Sooner
12/22/2007, 12:38 PM
They screwed one of those guys to bring in an OU recruit. Bottom line.

OSUAggie
12/22/2007, 07:48 PM
Screwed?

They still have their scholarships and they're both going to redshirt anyway. Giving the spot to Martin was a no-brainer. OSU retracted on a verbal agreement with Richards and Spano. Kinda like a kid switching his verbal commitment. I guess those kids are screwing people as well.

Preston Brown got screwed. Richards and Spano didn't.

KingDavid
12/22/2007, 08:07 PM
Screwed?

They still have their scholarships and they're both going to redshirt anyway. Giving the spot to Martin was a no-brainer. OSU retracted on a verbal agreement with Richards and Spano. Kinda like a kid switching his verbal commitment. I guess those kids are screwing people as well.

Preston Brown got screwed. Richards and Spano didn't.

I have spoken directly with both Richards and Spano who both assured me, whilst rubbing their arses, that they were most definitely given the FAT SHAFT by your coaching staff.

OKLA21FAN
12/22/2007, 08:26 PM
program on the rise!....
no wait

greatest offense in the world....
no wait

ride with pride...
no wait

if you build it they will come.....
no wait

F-em, they are just recruits, what do they know?

thats better :pop:

birddog
12/24/2007, 09:37 AM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=46293&page=3

aggies already seeing the light regarding new stadium.

Civicus_Sooner
12/26/2007, 10:50 AM
Heh, "Re: TW- Holder wants students to sit in West end zone"

West. End. Zone.