PDA

View Full Version : the wimmen score 121 points tonight

TopDaugIn2000
12/20/2007, 10:30 PM
and there's not even a thread about em?????

such a shame.

Sooner98
12/20/2007, 10:53 PM
Holy schnikey! I just saw that one on the ticker, too.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/20/2007, 11:00 PM
I was at the game. The Sugar Bears (I swear that is their mascot) shot like 12% to OU's 60% in the first half. On defense it was like they didn't try. I'm surprised we didn't score closer to 200.

TopDaugIn2000
12/20/2007, 11:00 PM
poor Univ Central Arkansas didn't have a chance. WAY too much size and talent to try to keep up with OU. Sherri pulled the starters after the first 5 mintues when it was around 19-0. UCA had 11 points at the half. Sherri subbed in and out the whole game. OU had 8 players with 10+ points. CP3 only had 14 of the 121, so the scoring was REALLY spread out. Vining had 18 points, she was the team leader. Also, the team had 63 boards.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/20/2007, 11:01 PM
Yeah, Sherri said the player with the most minutes had 24. 8 players in double figures.

badger
12/20/2007, 11:24 PM
I feel bad for the opposing teams in situations like this. What's the point of playing this game? It should have been an exhibition game, not regular season.

Sooner98
12/20/2007, 11:41 PM
I was at the game. The Sugar Bears (I swear that is their mascot) shot like 12% to OU's 60% in the first half. On defense it was like they didn't try. I'm surprised we didn't score closer to 200.

I hope that's just the mascot for the women's team.

Sooner24
12/21/2007, 12:02 AM
I hope that's just the mascot for the women's team.

This is the men's mascot.

http://www.mondotees.com/ProductImages/huggybear.jpg

Lott's Bandana
12/21/2007, 12:03 AM
I feel bad for the opposing teams in situations like this. What's the point of playing this game? It should have been an exhibition game, not regular season.

Coming off their brutal beginning schedule, then the Big 10 run, this game is a nice break before South Carolina, Georgia and a tough BigXIII.

I was at the game and it was a hoot to watch the girls get loose and do some playground stuff.

The SugarBears only had 8 players dressed.

Side note: Native American dancers at halftime...hella cool.

IronSooner
12/21/2007, 12:07 AM
I wish I could've watched...I thought I'd read the ticker wrong at first when I saw the score.

Lott's Bandana
12/21/2007, 12:32 AM
Oh, and one more thing....

Is is just me or is Abby getting really good??!

Sooner24
12/21/2007, 01:26 AM
Oh, and one more thing....

Is is just me or is Abby getting really good??!

It's just you.

She is a lot better but really good is pushing it.

silverwheels
12/21/2007, 01:35 AM
Carolyn got 5 points. That makes me :)

Boomer.....
12/21/2007, 09:51 AM
Didn't CP3's double-double streak end earlier this season? Why is ESPN still reporting that the streak is intact?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=273540201

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/21/2007, 09:53 AM
Didn't CP3's double-double streak end earlier this season? Why is ESPN still reporting that the streak is intact?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=273540201

Because there was a bunch of statistical errors in the game where she supposedly ended it in Cancun and so they let it count.

Boomer.....
12/21/2007, 09:57 AM
Because there was a bunch of statistical errors in the game where she supposedly ended it in Cancun and so they let it count.
Ahh, found it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=3134106

The_Red_Patriot
12/21/2007, 10:09 AM
Women's basketball...........:rolleyes: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

badger
12/21/2007, 10:22 AM
**applause**

I saw the score first when it was 65-11. I knew then that it would explode to three digits before the end of the game :D

Wish I could have seen it :(

TopDaugIn2000
12/21/2007, 05:16 PM
Side note: Native American dancers at halftime...hella cool.

a couple of good pics of the dancers on soonersports.com gameday central

birddog
12/22/2007, 02:17 AM
Women's basketball...........:rolleyes: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

http://www.orangepower.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

badger
12/22/2007, 10:57 AM
Those fans are dillusional and depressed. Dillusional to think OSU wimmen's will be undefeated when they meet the awesome "Lady Gooners" (???) and depressed because their coach looks like a rat and coaches like a rat. He probably smells like a rat too, but I've not heard anyone confirming this.

I once went to GIA to see a OU/lady poke game, back during the Goodenough days. You know, when headlines after the many OSU wimmen's losses were "OSU is not Goodenough" or "Cowgirls do not play Goodenough" and lame crap like that.

Anyway, it was our off year, following the eviction of Maria Veeee-sherrellll (I'm spelling it phonetically, because I don't remember the correct Venezuelan spelling) and Dionna Jackson. We were in the process of recruiting the Paris twins and other stars, but we were definitely a rebuilding team.

However, OSU was in even more of a rebuilding year, and that big orange arena was EMPTY. They put us Gooners upstairs, but only just. We were right behind the player benches. There were more OU fans in GIA than OSU fans... because, like lame headlines stated, OSU was not Goodenough.

So, us students (most of whom were in the women's basketball at the time) went with the alumni fans who attended away games (we unfortunately had to decline offers of beer). These alumni are very supportive, but quiet on their own with polite applause after baskets. However, combine these very supportive alumni with very loud students and you have a very loud and supportive Sooner mass of crimson in a very quiet and empty orange GIA.

Needless to say, the OSU fans that showed up were extraordinarily ****ed. How dare we walk into THEIR arena, with dozens of signs and little Sooner cheers every two seconds and steal THEIR home court advantage! Their fans consisted of an estimated 30-student pep band and about 30 OSU fans (probably the players mommies and those that thought it was the men playing tonight).

Every chance the band got, they played their stupid "Ride Ride" song in our direction as loud as they could (making it sound worse, so all we could do is start another BOOMER! cheer to get counter the noise).

Because both teams were in rebuilding mode, it was a close game until the end, when we won by about 10. After the game, our girls all looked up to us and waved. Coach Coale said "thank you" and waved too. Most OSU fans got the hell outta there as quickly as they could, otherwise, they'd probably have flipped us off.

The next year, Goodenough was gone. Fired for too many losses and not any progress whatsoever. I'm sure our Sooner Caravan had some power in the decision too, as there were clearly some ticked OSU personnel at the game that didn't like the fact that they had less fans at home than OU brought there. How could a rebuilding year for one Oklahoma team still have such a following, when another Oklahoma team have absolutely no interest at all?

The next year, we got Courtney Paris and Ashley Paris. The next year, OSU got a different coach. OSU makes the tournaments now too, but they still haven't contended for the Big 12, regular season or tournament.

silverwheels
12/22/2007, 04:33 PM

Jackasses.