PDA

View Full Version : it just came to my attention

colinreturn
12/20/2007, 06:11 PM
that we cant rag on espn for hating us anymore. they claimed us the best team in the country. beating espn "loved" usc for the mythical playoff championship. corso called us the best team in the country all year long.

OUinFLA
12/20/2007, 06:22 PM
Well, there's no more fun to be had.

SoonerBOI
12/20/2007, 06:40 PM
football season is almost over. I'm bored already.

arcman46
12/20/2007, 07:14 PM
That's why we are in the NCG.

MamaMia
12/20/2007, 09:24 PM
that we cant rag on espn for hating us anymore. they claimed us the best team in the country. beating espn "loved" usc for the mythical playoff championship. corso called us the best team in the country all year long.
"anymore", like in never again, ever? :)

Sooner98
12/20/2007, 09:51 PM

Give it a few weeks, and it'll be right back to "I HATE ESPN!!! THEY ARE BIASED AGAINST US!!!!111"

WildHorse
12/20/2007, 09:56 PM
Where do you see this information? I did the playoff thing several times and OU never won. I watched ESPN one night and they showed OU getting beat by Georgia. How many of the fake playoff scenarios are there? Not that it matters, the real game is OU vs WVU and almost no chance for a #1 ranking.

IronSooner
12/20/2007, 10:25 PM
They did it on Sportscenter last week. Both Corso and Herbie picked OU to win the mythical playoff title game against USC. For a minute I was happy...

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/20/2007, 10:38 PM
Now that Corso has stated that the Sooners are the best team in the country, do we get to claim another title?

colinreturn
12/20/2007, 10:46 PM
"anymore", like in never again, ever? :)

anymore. as in when they call another team the best in the country. then you can hate espn again.

Widescreen
12/20/2007, 10:54 PM
I notice they weren't pushing that too actively back when it actually mattered. Ultimately, who really cares? If we'd beaten Tech we'd be playing in the MNC regardless of what ESPN thinks.

BigRedJed
12/20/2007, 11:00 PM
I notice they weren't pushing that too actively back when it actually mattered. Ultimately, who really cares? If we'd beaten Colorado we'd be playing in the MNC regardless of what ESPN thinks.
Fixed.

Sorry, I don't get nearly as peeved when I think about the Tech loss, considering no Sam all game. Win either game and they're playing for all the marbles.

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2007, 02:03 AM
Yeah, all this crap I've been reading here is either true or not true, and I agree or disagree...you know, right or wrong....

But ESPN is still a bunch of suited jackholes whose opinions are about as valid as the "sample" credit cards we all get in the mail with the pre-approved card offers.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/21/2007, 11:51 AM
If we can't complain about ESPN, that eliminates a third of the threads on this board. Thanks goodness we still have the clapper and hair gel boy (excuse me, MAN) to make fun of.

yermom
12/21/2007, 11:55 AM
I notice they weren't pushing that too actively back when it actually mattered. Ultimately, who really cares? If we'd beaten Tech we'd be playing in the MNC regardless of what ESPN thinks.

kinda what i was thinking... although if we win, maybe we could steal some AP votes...

i think LSU would probably have to win as well. we aren't going to steal votes from a team with a better record, i wouldn't think

mdklatt
12/21/2007, 12:15 PM

This year only? Typical. They can't even give us credit for being the bestest team ever in the history of college football. I'm gonna scream "EAST COAST BIAS!" at the top of my lungs until ESPN does a six-hour miniseries on how we could beat any NFL team other than the Patriots (and that one would be a squeaker).

76soonergrad
12/21/2007, 12:38 PM
This year only? Typical. They can't even give us credit for being the bestest team ever in the history of college football. I'm gonna scream "EAST COAST BIAS!" at the top of my lungs until ESPN does a six-hour miniseries on how we could beat any NFL team other than the Patriots (and that one would be a squeaker).

It was easier for them to pick OU in their "fantasy" playoff, because Herbie's true love, tOSU is playing in the "real" NC.

Lott's Bandana
12/21/2007, 12:54 PM
<Raising Hand>

I rail on and on against ABC/ESPN and will continue to do so...having said that, I don't believe ESPN is/are OU haters...they are just suc lovers because they are ratings whores.

This thread makes my point. WTF is suc doing in their playoff final anyway? They ended up in teh 2nd 1/2 of teh top ten in the BCS...by virtue of them playing OU in this fake playoff they got much exposure for next year.

BTW, the OU losing to the Dawgz playoff was a video game.

ESPN still succs my once-was-a-pie-but-now-is-no-longer-a-pie hole.

RedstickSooner
12/21/2007, 01:23 PM
Uh, dudes. I just want to point out that they had ANOTHER of those "pretend" championships on ESPN's new gay and recently deleted from my TiVo timer College Football Live show.

We got knocked out in the FIRST ROUND by Georgia.

So, apparently, they can't even get their own COMPUTERS to agree with one another.

Or was the Sportscenter-released one done by human judges? They seemed to be implying that the one on College Football Live was done by computer.

Lott's Bandana
12/21/2007, 01:48 PM
<Raising Hand>

BTW, the OU losing to the Dawgz playoff was a video game.

<raising hand again>

Stoop Dawg
12/21/2007, 02:18 PM
You guys crack me up.

ESPN hates OU. Always has, always will. This is an obvious attempt by ESPN to throw us off their trail. Don't fall for it. They still hate OU. Everybody hates OU. It's because we're the best team to ever play college football.

SoonersEnFuego
12/21/2007, 03:00 PM
I couldn't believe Herbie picked us over Ohio State. And then he picked us over USC...that was weird.

Dan Thompson
12/21/2007, 03:03 PM
ESPN is building a second studio in LA so it can be close to USC;)