PDA

View Full Version : My family is giving me a guilt trip for Christmas

MamaMia
12/20/2007, 02:40 PM
We're going to the Fiesta Bowl so our plans are different this year. I'm having over whomever wants to come to Woodward for Christmas, but on the 28th we're out the door to the city where we'll be picking up the oldest of the 4 granddaughters and on the way to the Fiesta Bowl we will go. We have planned an overnighter to visit PapaMias folks in Albuquerque but we will arrive in Scottsdale on the 30th. I've received no less than 5 Christmas cards with really sad comments about us not doing the whole New Years Eve thing at Daddy's. It starts out with how [insert sad adjective] it will be that we're [insert description of not being at Daddy's]. They end it with something about wishing us a great time in Arizona. I'm beginning to think that the Italians are the best at guilt attacks. :O

The Maestro
12/20/2007, 02:47 PM
It's called jealousy. Good Lord, New Year's is a family holiday? Since when?

frankensooner
12/20/2007, 02:53 PM
First the Longhorn fan and now this? ;)

MamaMia
12/20/2007, 03:41 PM
First the Longhorn fan and now this? ;)Hmmm...come to think of it the sad emails and cards are coming from mostly the horns, 5 huskers, 2 raiders, some gamecocks and the ice hockey loving side of the family. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/think.gif

As a nice gesture, you think I should offer to get them all a Fiesta Bowl t-shirt? :P