PDA

View Full Version : RIVALRY QUESTIONS

BIG_IKE
12/19/2007, 11:45 AM
1. Do Whorns view us as their true Rivals instead of the Aggies?
2. Did A&M solidify their rivalry status by beating UT two years in a row?
3. Do theWhorns realize that if they had beat their two biggest rivals last year and this year they could be playing for the NC?
4. Do people realize that Texas Tech took the series lead over Baylor for the first time last year.

5. Do Aggies realize that Texas Tech is 4 wins away from having an all-time SERIES LEAD on theM :confused:

6. Why does Texas Tech average 50 points per game vs. A&M in the last 3 meetings?

7. Why do we have more Conference Titles than our whole division combined?

8. Who is Baylors rival?

9. When is the last time Oklahoma State won any type of fotoball title?

10. Does Dennis Franchione realize that his coaching kept the A&M team out of the National Title game last year? The Aggies were 8 points away from being 12-0 heading into the CCG. The dropped a 4 point loss to Tech and a 1 point loss to OU and a 1point lost to NU on BONEHEAD coaching calls by Fran.

fadada1
12/19/2007, 11:47 AM

is osu being sponsored by kodak or fujifilm next year???

just curious.

OUmillenium
12/19/2007, 11:47 AM
3. Do theWhorns realize that if they had beat their two biggest rivals last year and this year they could be playing for the NC?
4. Do people realize that Texas Tech took the series lead over Baylor for the first time last year. Wow

5. Do Aggies realize that Texas Tech is 4 wins away from having an all-time SERIES LEAD on theM :confused:

6. Why does Texas Tech average 50 points per game vs. A&M in the last 3 meetings?

8. Who is Baylors rival?

10. Does Dennis Franchione realize that his coaching kept the A&M team out of the National Title game last year? The Aggies were 8 points away from being 12-0 heading into the CCG. The dropped a 4 point loss to Tech and a 1 point loss to OU and a 1point lost to NU on BONEHEAD coaching calls by Fran. I like the way you put that!

SoonerStormchaser
12/19/2007, 11:58 AM
Yes...I've asked numerous Whorns this question, and they all agree that OU is their main rival. Of course, don't tell Aggy or Aggie, cause they each think that they're the Whorns'/Sooners' main rivals.

No...just like against Aggy in 2001-2002, there is an occasional hiccup in the series. I think things will restore themselves next year.

Same could be said for us had we not been robbed in Eugene last year or had not melted down against CU this year.

4. Do people realize that Texas Tech took the series lead over Baylor for the first time last year.
No...but seriously...IT'S BAYLOR! Does anyone outside of SicEm really care?

And as long as Leach is still at the helm, the pirates will continue to plunder the nut grabbers.

Cause Fran was a moron!

You know the answer to that one.

8. Who is Baylors rival?
I hear that Waco High is looking for a home/home series...should prove to be a barn burner.

I dunno about fotoball...but as far as football is concerned, I think they SHARED the 1977 Big 8 title.

10. Does Dennis Franchione realize that his coaching kept the A&M team out of the National Title game last year? The Aggies were 8 points away from being 12-0 heading into the CCG. The dropped a 4 point loss to Tech and a 1 point loss to OU and a 1point lost to NU on BONEHEAD coaching calls by Fran.
It's coach Fran you're talking about...

yermom
12/19/2007, 12:21 PM
they shared it 3 ways in 1976 with OU, and Colorado

SicEmBaylor
12/19/2007, 03:33 PM
4. Tech was bad for a VERY long time while we were pretty damned decent.

8. Historically it was A&M. Many many years ago... Not at the level of UT/Aggie but I'd compare it with the difference between the OU/UT rivalry and the OU/OSU rivalry. They used to have a tradition over there of coming over to campus on homecoming week and extinguishing the eternal flame, but they stopped bothering years ago. Now we just do it to ourselves.

We killed one of their fans once though (literally) and Aggie tried to retaliate by commandeering a howitzer from the Texas National Guard. They transported the thing to Waco and their plan was to shell our campus, but the Texas Rangers caught them juts in time.

But yeah, there's not much of a rivalry anymore. We're pretty hostile toward TCU. I'd say Aggie and TCU in that order.

Sco
12/19/2007, 03:37 PM
Or that Texas Tech has NEVER won any sort of championship?

Collier11
12/19/2007, 03:49 PM

you can say this most years about most teams in one way or another, whats the point? Remember when puke state cost us a title shot a few years a go

4. Do people realize that Texas Tech took the series lead over Baylor for the who cares

Because we have better players and better coaching!

8. Who is Baylors rival? I would think Okie state, they are always battling for last place in the south!

I doubt coach fran realizes much of anything that is important

SicEmBaylor
12/19/2007, 03:50 PM
4. Do people realize that Texas Tech took the series lead over Baylor for the who cares

8. Who is Baylors rival? I would think Okie state, they are always battling for last place in the south!

:mad:

yermom
12/19/2007, 03:58 PM
Or that Texas Tech has NEVER won any sort of championship?

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/database/texastech_database.htm

they last won the SWC in '94

SicEmBaylor
12/19/2007, 04:00 PM

Yeah, but let's see them win it again.

yermom
12/19/2007, 04:03 PM
well, they split with Baylor at the time, i'm thinking neither of them are going to win the South anytime soon ;)

SicEmBaylor
12/19/2007, 04:23 PM
well, they split with Baylor at the time, i'm thinking neither of them are going to win the South anytime soon ;)
Well, I meant the SWC. ;)

Crimsontothecore
12/19/2007, 04:31 PM

I think they shared a conference title in the 70's.
Now, if you count their "moral" victories I think they have like 28 national championships in football, 18 in basketball, and every title in wrasslin and tennis.

goingoneight
12/19/2007, 10:58 PM
ri·val /ˈraɪvəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rahy-vuhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, adjective, verb, -valed, -val·ing or (especially British) -valled, -val·ling.
–noun 1. a person who is competing for the same object or goal as another, or who tries to equal or outdo another; competitor.
2. a person or thing that is in a position to dispute another's preeminence or superiority: a stadium without a rival.
3. Obsolete. a companion in duty.

A-ahem...

1. OSU and aTm are not on that page with their "rivals," OU and Texas... now, OU and Texas however, are. We are competing for championships and are generally on a level playing field in that sense. We have always strived to equal or outdo one another.

2. Neither of the so-called "rivals" are in a position to take or even dispute OU and Texas' superior stature.

3. We're not companions until we need aggy or agroid to beat Texas. Same could be said for Texas when they need us to drop a loss or something.

So in essence, aggy and agroid are on level with Tech, Baylor, Iowa State and East Popcorn State as far as "rivalries" are concerned with Oklahoma and Texas. If we lose to you... oh, well. Shame on us. It's not exactly the shot heard 'round the world. No one outside of Boone's Farm or Collie Station gives a rat's arse.

Congratulations on getting at least one guaranteed sellout/TV game every two years, though.

utex74
12/19/2007, 11:28 PM
You are correct on all counts, sir. And a good test for rival vs non-rival. Losing to OU ****es me off and makes me want to puke. Losing to aggy embarrasses me and makes me want to puke. There you have it.

Yes...I've asked numerous Whorns this question, and they all agree that OU is their main rival. Of course, don't tell Aggy or Aggie, cause they each think that they're the Whorns'/Sooners' main rivals.

No...just like against Aggy in 2001-2002, there is an occasional hiccup in the series. I think things will restore themselves next year.

Same could be said for us had we not been robbed in Eugene last year or had not melted down against CU this year.

No...but seriously...IT'S BAYLOR! Does anyone outside of SicEm really care?

And as long as Leach is still at the helm, the pirates will continue to plunder the nut grabbers.

Cause Fran was a moron!

You know the answer to that one.

I hear that Waco High is looking for a home/home series...should prove to be a barn burner.

I dunno about fotoball...but as far as football is concerned, I think they SHARED the 1977 Big 8 title.

It's coach Fran you're talking about...

Crucifax Autumn
12/20/2007, 02:43 AM
Rivalry? Who cares? I wanna whip Texass every year, but now that I'm not living there I just wanna bury everyone on the schedule. Certain ones will always mean a bit more, but I just wanna win 'em all and win 'em big.

Normally I'd think kinda like the white on the "left side black on the right against Utex's black on the left side white on the right"'s evil twin, but since Texas Sucks more lately, I don't see 'em as any more of a big win than if we beat Missouri or Colorado!

Crucifax Autumn
12/20/2007, 02:44 AM
Oh, and did I mention...to be a real rival, you can't be sheephumpers with a screaming bitch for a coach?

stoopified
12/20/2007, 11:26 AM
Oh, and did I mention...to be a real rival, you can't be sheephumpers with a screaming bitch for a coach?Gundy doesn't scream,he whines. :D

Sco
12/20/2007, 03:26 PM

Okay, how about a REAL championship? :D

soonerboomer93
12/20/2007, 10:03 PM

to be fair the '94 title was split amongst

Texas
Texas Tech
Baylor
Rice
TCU

Oh, and Tech has 1 more SWC conference title then us, but atleast ours wasn't a split.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/21/2007, 12:35 AM
We killed one of their fans once though (literally)

...fine Christians that you all are... and all....

Paperclip
12/21/2007, 12:38 AM
...fine Christians that you all are... and all....

Nobody expects the Baylor Inquisition!

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2007, 02:29 AM
Biggles! Fetch...THE CUSHIONS!

soonerboomer93
12/21/2007, 02:55 AM
"no cadet had ever willingly laid hands on a woman." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Brazos)

haha, the corps got their *** kicked by baylor students* (http://thecollegefootballindependent.blogspot.com/2006/05/baylor-vs-texas-am-remembering-1926.html)

yeah, might be in slightly poor taste, but well, it's been 81 years

KantoSooner
12/21/2007, 03:10 AM
Thanks for the linky. I had no idea these people were so pathetic. I'll try to be nicer to them in the future. I think in a similar position I'd just go off into the woods somewhere and hang myself.

mikee likee
12/21/2007, 08:34 AM
2 darn funny...... and it is still true

Lott's Bandana
12/21/2007, 09:29 AM
"...the cadets thought the women were men in drag,"

A. I'm not so impressed with Baylor women or,

B. I'm not so impressed with aTm's kissing tradition any longer or,

C. All of the above.

LoyalFan
12/21/2007, 09:51 AM
...but the Texas Rangers caught them JUTS in time.

Yeah, yew gotta watch them Juts, especially when they been popping Fotoballs!
(Worse than crack, them Fotoballs!)

Jus' sayin'
LF

LoyalFan
12/21/2007, 10:02 AM
Fer wha 'titsworth, my occasionally lurks on TexAgs reveal that those persons erstwhile obsession with YooTee has been supplanted by a deep and abiding hateitude for OU. The sophomoric yak re OU is rivaled only by that to be found on the o(SU)ther sheep sodomizers board.
It isn't necessarily related to the Mother Of All Beatdowns with which we welcomed Francesca to the Large Dozen (See:77-0) but is simply a crude expression of envy toward a dynastic and storied program.
One of my best buds is a TexAg, and a fine fellow indeed. HE seldom snipes at OU, BTW, but he did nod in agreement when I mentioned that the definition of a dominant program is one whose losses make bigger headlines than their victories.
That defines OU to perfection.

That'll be all...for now.

LF