PDA

View Full Version : Split MNC?

OUDoc
12/19/2007, 11:18 AM
IF (IF) it happened, would we claim it?

We seemed to give a lot of crap to usc over this, now the talking heads seem to be discussing if it could happen this year with OU.

OUDoc
12/19/2007, 11:56 AM
Already been posted, Dumas. :mad:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105522

oupride
12/19/2007, 01:37 PM
I have a question for you. WHO is the talking heads discussing if it could happen this year with OU? The media?

OUDoc
12/19/2007, 01:44 PM
The sports radio guys have bounced it around. (Maybe even heard it on ESPN)
I swear I saw Joe C. mentioning the 'quality AP poll' in an article this week.
Little things like that seem to be hinting at it.

OUDoc
12/19/2007, 01:48 PM
The article about OU and the Orange Bowl.
"
Efforts to reach Castiglione also failed, however, he told Mandel: "There could be an argument for a split national champion, and that may be stated by any number of people. The AP is a very reputable poll. We just wanted to play the highest-ranked team. That was our goal all along.

http://newsok.com/article/3182481/1198033992?pg=2

SoonerMom2
12/19/2007, 01:49 PM
I have a question for you. WHO is the talking heads discussing if it could happen this year with OU? The media?

I guess people are thinking that the talk would start if we dominated our bowl game. However, I think if we blow out West Virginia a lot of people would say that it is not surprising since Richie bolted for Michigan. It is the standard formula. If we win, the team we played was overrated. If we lose, it is the biggest upset in the history of college football.:rolleyes:

Let's just go undefeated next year and leave no doubt.

OUDoc
12/19/2007, 01:49 PM
double post

batonrougesooner
12/19/2007, 02:11 PM
post reported

;)

MamaMia
12/19/2007, 04:09 PM
If I remember correctly, the AP bowed out because of the whole outrage over the split USC thing, so I doubt it will be them crowning us anything, unless they just want to test our possible capability of hypocrisy. :D

soonervegas
12/19/2007, 04:15 PM
If they want to crown us, crown us!

We probably had a shot if we were matched up with V. Tech.....and that is exactly why it was squashed. With that being said, if something crazy happened and the AP gave us the title......you absolutely claim it. It is one of the two "reputable" polls in the country. It still has more mojo than the Harris Poll.

Crucifax Autumn
12/20/2007, 12:33 AM
I truly don't care one way or another...I'll be pretty damned satisfied knowing in my heart that we are better than either of the weak teams up for it this year.

But if it does happen, we're practically assured of a +1 system within 2 years.