PDA

View Full Version : Lost A Friend Yesterday :(

IB4OU2
12/19/2007, 10:55 AM
Yesterday we had our little Schnauser "Jack" put down because his kidneys stopped functioning due to "anti freeze poisoning". Watching the little guy suffer and go into convulsions was just terrible. We don't know for sure if he was intentionally poisoned or if he got into it on one of his few ventures when he escaped from our yard at the new house but I can't imagine someone would have antifreeze just laying around for any other purpose other than poisoning animals.

I looked closely around the house and the yard to find evidence but found nothing but if I find anything there's going to be hell to pay . I can understand ranchers shooting stray dogs for chasing cattle in the country but someone that intentionally poisons with anti freeze any animal in the country or in town for any reason deserves prison time. :mad:

Wer'e going to miss the little guy...alot. :(

OUDoc
12/19/2007, 10:56 AM
So sorry. :(

Mjcpr
12/19/2007, 11:00 AM
Sorry to hear that. I hope it isn't a case of bad neighbors in your new neighborhood.

:(

TopDaugIn2000
12/19/2007, 11:03 AM
poor little guy. so sorry to hear that :(

ChickSoonerFan
12/19/2007, 11:09 AM
I am so sorry. :(

Maybe there was just some antifreeze on the ground that he licked up. Either way, it is a horrible situation. Hopefully it was not intentional though.

Sorry.

M
12/19/2007, 11:12 AM
I'm so sorry. How sad. :(

Howzit
12/19/2007, 11:13 AM

Now he gets to run in fields and gnaw on bones and do schnauzer britches allll day long in schnauzer heaven.

Sorry dude.

Mjcpr
12/19/2007, 11:14 AM

Now he gets to run in fields and gnaw on bones and do schnauzer britches allll day long in schnauzer heaven.

Sorry dude.

There is nothing cuter than schnauzer britches, fo sho.

Howzit
12/19/2007, 11:21 AM
There is nothing cuter than schnauzer britches, fo sho.

DCSooner prefered boxer britches.

Probably.

soonerbrat
12/19/2007, 11:26 AM
I'm so sorry :(
I hope Chickie was right and no one did that intentionally....maybe someone just put antifreeze in their car and it spilled. either way, I'm sorry for your loss.

Curly Bill
12/19/2007, 11:49 AM
Dogs are the best! So sorry for your loss.

proud gonzo
12/19/2007, 11:56 AM

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/19/2007, 12:13 PM
Sorry to hear that. :(

Desert Sapper
12/19/2007, 12:18 PM
Sorry for your loss :(

OU4LIFE
12/19/2007, 12:21 PM
terribly sorry for you, Steve.

They are members of the family for sure.

OCUDad
12/19/2007, 12:46 PM
Condolences on the loss of your pal. And no, they're not "just dogs" - they are family members. :(

Partial Qualifier
12/19/2007, 12:52 PM
I've heard it doesn't take much antifreeze to poison a small animal. Probably just a terrible accident.

Sorry for your loss :(

sooneron
12/19/2007, 01:27 PM
That is horrible, you have my sincerest condolences. Dogs rule.

GrapevineSooner
12/19/2007, 01:48 PM
That sucks. :(

I really hope this was just an accident. Because I can't imagine how much of a doosh bucket one would have to be to do something like this intentionally.

BTW, anyone who says pets aren't members of the family are doosh rockets themselves.

soonersweetie
12/19/2007, 07:10 PM
:( I am so sorry, that really just sucks. I agree, they are members of your family.

Mixer!
12/19/2007, 07:13 PM
Sorry to read about your loss. Prayer sent. :(

olevetonahill
12/19/2007, 07:44 PM
Yup In also
Heaven aint got enough Angels , to Protect somones asz that poisons one My Mutts .

soonerhubs
12/19/2007, 07:48 PM
I'm so sorry. I pray for your comfort.

MamaMia
12/21/2007, 12:07 AM
I just read this. I am so very sorry to hear this. This was probably a horrible accident. You know how I feel about our furry friends so of course my heart goes out to you. It just seems like yesterday when everyone here was comforting me when Punky went to Heaven but its been a year and a half now. The pain will subside some as time goes by, but you will always miss Jack.

I keep this on the refrigerator. Maybe it will comfort you as it does me.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/POEM_Gate.jpg

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

olevetonahill
12/21/2007, 12:13 AM
I think as ornery as Bear Dog was .
God has a separate place fer us to meet up .

Sooner24
12/21/2007, 01:34 AM
Sorry to hear that. :(

Sooner_Bob
12/21/2007, 09:52 AM
Sorry to hear about your dog Steve . . .

SoonerJack
12/21/2007, 10:34 AM
As a former Schnauzer owner myself, I know what you're going through. Gretchen was our mini Schnauzer and she was a great dog. World renowned for escaping from any man-made fence ever constructed. No barrier was too high, no ground was too hard to deny her quest for freedom. And for her, freedom was nothing more than running all over the neighborhood at full speed. Just running flat out until she realized she was hungry and that her humans would forgive her and feed her. Which we always did. My prayers are with ya man.