PDA

View Full Version : I have lost all respect for Richie Rodriguez

BASSooner
12/18/2007, 02:10 PM
Now, I bet you guys have already discussed this on some previous threads. I just wanted to post my opinion about this ridiculous situation that the mountaineers have.

My father once told me that regardless of how bad or great things seem to be, you have a job, and you HAVE TO FINISH IT. RR could not even do that at his alma mater. I just don't understand. I mean, it sucks that you were a game away from being at a title and blow it but, you still end up in the FIESTA BOWL; a bowl that more than 80% of teams in college football would kill to get to. Coach Stoops went through the same thing but did he bail out? Of course not!

I feel for all of the WVU players and the university itself. To all of you mountaineer fans out there, I hope you find a coach who is twice the man RR ever was. Now, his former attornies are arguing against the buyout at WVU. Are you kidding me? This just shows you how thankful we are to having a classy and dedicated coach than moronic quitter.

Enjoy your stay at michigan richie boy because you won't be able to cry yourself out of this job if sh*t were to hit the fan.

royalfan5
12/18/2007, 02:16 PM
Considering all the problems WV has keeping coaches, perhaps the administration sucks so bad there, the coaches want out as fast as they can? It's a two way street.

Sooner_Havok
12/18/2007, 02:22 PM
Look at the things he was asking for:

• Allowing players to keep textbooks for resale, a practice that occurs at some other schools.

• Waiving a $5 charge for high school coaches to attend Mountaineers games.

• Having authority over distribution of sideline passes. Kendrick said Rodriguez "negotiated" one for his wife, Rita.

• Having authority to allocate funds from the 1100 Club for coaches.

• A committment to increase pay for his assistant coaches.

• Additional money to pay graduate assistants.

• Hiring an additional recruiting assistant.

Not bank-busting stuff here. When he resigned last year, instead of going to Bama, they AD said he would get these things for him. 1 season later, and the AD says he was working on them. Look, it doesn't take time to do 90% of the stuff on that list. The WVU AD jerked RR around, he got ****ed and left. I don't blame the guy. I am sure he wants to coach his kids in the bowl game, but :meat: :chicken: is his employer now, and he needs to do what is best for them, and that is getting a staff together and talking to committed kids to reassure them.

JohnnyMack
12/18/2007, 02:32 PM
I've always said this is the reason National Signing Day should be moved back 1 month. So at the end of the regular season when coaches are fired, the school doesn't have to immediately pressure a coach into leaving a team that is contending in a bowl game to leave his team in a lurch. This happens every single year and the reason is simply to get the new coach in place so he can hit the recruiting trail and get kids locked up.

Can anyone tell me a good reason NOT to move signing day back until say March, 15th? What would be lost?

Sooner_Havok
12/18/2007, 02:42 PM
I've always said this is the reason National Signing Day should be moved back 1 month. So at the end of the regular season when coaches are fired, the school doesn't have to immediately pressure a coach into leaving a team that is contending in a bowl game to leave his team in a lurch. This happens every single year and the reason is simply to get the new coach in place so he can hit the recruiting trail and get kids locked up.

Can anyone tell me a good reason NOT to move signing day back until say March, 15th? What would be lost?

Doing so would be an admission of fallibility be the NCAA who has already decreed that February 6 is when it shall be.

Scott D
12/18/2007, 03:32 PM
As Havok said, WV was dragging it's feet on the things that secured Rodriguez to sign that contract last year.

Also, if you look at the history of Michigan football, generally speaking it's a position of stability. since Fielding H. Yost took over in 1901, they've had 11 head coaches over the course of 107 years. Yost went 25 years, Schembechler 21, Carr 13, 4 other coaches averaged 10 years, and Moeller went 5 years (shortened due to an embarrassing public incident at a restaurant). In that same time WVU had 4 coaches make 9 years at least (led by Don Nehlan's 20 years), and 7 coaches coach at least 5 years (led by Rodriguez's 7 years).

And JM, that problem is twofold. You'd have to have an early signing period for Spring enrollees, otherwise they'd be ineligible for spring practices.

Jacie
12/18/2007, 03:39 PM
The guy was there for seven years and the icon of West Virginia football, Don Nehlen, told RR to take the meatchicken job as it was a once-in-a-lifetime offer. Yeah, he might get there, not do well, be ousted after a few lackluster seasons and everyone will say he shoulda stayed with WVU. Well, if it is job security you want, don't go into coaching!

MiccoMacey
12/18/2007, 03:51 PM
For those busting on Rodriguez:

It's a business. Coaches are fired all the time, even with time left on their contracts. The universities aren't supposed to play by the rules, but the coaches are?

There is a buy-out clause for all coaching contracts. He may have found a loop-hole in getting out of it...bully for him. If he went 6-5 for three seasons and was fired, no one would scream at WVU. Michigan is a MUCH better job than WVU in the football landscape. You'd think their admin would be hapy for him. No one wants to be the stepping stone, but there are few rock-solid boulders like Michigan.

LSUdeek
12/18/2007, 03:54 PM
For those busting on Rodriguez:

It's a business. Coaches are fired all the time, even with time left on their contracts. The universities aren't supposed to play by the rules, but the coaches are?

There is a buy-out clause for all coaching contracts. He may have found a loop-hole in getting out of it...bully for him. If he went 6-5 for three seasons and was fired, no one would scream at WVU. Michigan is a MUCH better job than WVU in the football landscape. You'd think their admin would be hapy for him. No one wants to be the stepping stone, but there are few rock-solid boulders like Michigan.
He never got the promised deals that he asked for... assistant coach salary bumps, sideline passes, etc. Wasn't the buyout contingent upon those things happening?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/18/2007, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=Sooner_Havok] :meat: :chicken: QUOTE]

That's good stuff there...

Soonermagik
12/18/2007, 03:59 PM
Honestly, I think he saw a lose/lose situation. If he stayed and lost the Fiesta Bowl (likely) then people would say he was distracted. Not to mention, a loss would hurt his status with his new players to a degree, and the Michigan fans. If he won, then people would be all over him for abandoning the university when they had a good thing going.

I won't throw stones at him, because I think it helps us. :)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/18/2007, 04:03 PM

• Allowing players to keep textbooks for resale, a practice that occurs at some other schools.

• Having authority over distribution of sideline passes. Kendrick said Rodriguez "negotiated" one for his wife, Rita.

Not bank-busting stuff here. When he resigned last year, instead of going to Bama, they AD said he would get these things for him. 1 season later, and the AD says he was working on them. Look, it doesn't take time to do 90% of the stuff on that list. The WVU AD jerked RR around, he got ****ed and left. I don't blame the guy. I am sure he wants to coach his kids in the bowl game, but :meat: :chicken: is his employer now, and he needs to do what is best for them, and that is getting a staff together and talking to committed kids to reassure them.

BTW If just 1/2 of that is true I applaud him sticking it to the WV AD.

As for the timing...I don't even blame :chicken:-gobbler Petrino for that. 3-4 weeks can make a big difference in recruiting and putting together a staff.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/18/2007, 04:06 PM

Can anyone tell me a good reason NOT to move signing day back until say March, 15th? What would be lost?Or, you could move it up Sooner, and have the HS seniors sign by Dec 10th, or thereabouts. Get that recruiting thing over with.
I don't fault Rodriguez for taking the job, if he wanted it. If he waited til after the Fiesta Bowl, no doubt the Meatchicken job would have been already filled.

soonerboomer93
12/18/2007, 06:08 PM
apparently it's a combination of items he'd been promised last year, and items he'd requested this year.

also from what i've read, the money boosters are blaming the AD

TopDawg
12/18/2007, 06:57 PM
Or, you could move it up Sooner, and have the HS seniors sign by Dec 10th, or thereabouts. Get that recruiting thing over with.
I don't fault Rodriguez for taking the job, if he wanted it. If he waited til after the Fiesta Bowl, no doubt the Meatchicken job would have been already filled.

That would probably be even worse...because then Rich Ro would've already signed all of those players and then left for Michigan. At least this way the guys who have made a verbal commitment can reassess things.

Remembering Tom Stidham
12/18/2007, 07:05 PM
I was at a huge Dallas recruiting party with Chuck Fairbanks at a Dallas mansion. He was telling these kids come play for ME at OU. The next night I was listening to the radio and they had a bulletin: "OU's Chuck Fairbanks is going to New England." Coaches do what they have to do in a tough business. I would much rather coach at Michigan than West Virginia.

BigRedJed
12/18/2007, 07:24 PM
I don't understand the people who seem to make the argument that coaches shouldn't leave a job, ever. They owe it to the players they've recruited, they owe it to their alma mater, whatever...

Look, it's a job, just like any other job. You can't fault a guy for jumping to what will surely be more money, but more importantly is arguably one of the top 5-10 positions in your field in your chosen profession. What he's done at WVU is admirable, from a coaching standpoint, but that job will NEVER be in the same rarified air as a job at MU, or OU, or Alabama, or Ohio State, or ND, or USC, or a half dozen other schools.

I dislike many of those schools as much as many other posters on this board, but the fact of the matter is that they are all elite programs. WVU is not, and will never be. That doesn't mean they can't still have a great program, contend for conference championships regularly, and occasionally contend for even more, it only means they will likely never have multiple MNCs, multiple Heisman winners, etc.

It was a nice get for him, he deserved it, and anyone who proclaims they're a fan of his should understand and be happy for him, which doesn't exclude being bummed for their school.

Of course, there is always a right way and a wrong way to leave, and people who jump the wrong way (Miles to LSU a couple of years ago comes to mind) deserved to be lambasted.

I've had a number of employees leave me for better situations, and it has never upset me. Who am I to hold somebody back out of some misplaced loyalty expectations?

When someone leaves my employ for a better job, I shake their hand, wish them well, and hope that at some point in the future when they're recounting their professional experience to others that they give me and their time here a little credit for the success they've enjoyed.

IMO, holding a grudge against a guy just because he jumped up about 20 notches in job quality is pretty silly.

Crucifax Autumn
12/19/2007, 01:42 AM
I have lost all respect for Richie Rodriguez

I'd say the same thing, but I never had any to begin with!

Crucifax Autumn
12/19/2007, 01:44 AM
Oh, and Big Red, While I agree with you for the most part, I personally feel that if I was a boss at a workplace and I was looking to hire someone, the guy that insisted on not starting his new job until his current assignment at his current job was over would have a distinct advantage in my eyes over the guy that runs out with the job unfinished.

jwlynn64
12/19/2007, 02:07 AM
When someone leaves my employ for a better job, I shake their hand, wish them well, and hope that at some point in the future when they're recounting their professional experience to others that they give me and their time here a little credit for the success they've enjoyed.

Just judging by your avatar but... how many better used car dealerships can there be around! ;)

Crucifax Autumn
12/19/2007, 02:09 AM
Judging by my own Avatar there are better things to leave a job for! lol

MiccoMacey
12/19/2007, 09:09 AM
Oh, and Big Red, While I agree with you for the most part, I personally feel that if I was a boss at a workplace and I was looking to hire someone, the guy that insisted on not starting his new job until his current assignment at his current job was over would have a distinct advantage in my eyes over the guy that runs out with the job unfinished.

In your line of work, that may be possible.

Most everyone in this particular business realizes that the best for all is to leave immediately.

College coaching jobs don't come around in May. They come open in December, usually. In your line of work, jobs likely open up year round. There is but a small window of opportunity for coaching positions. You can afford to wait a little longer.

Scott D
12/19/2007, 09:44 AM

But conversely, let's say that you sign up with a company because of certain benefits/perks that you negotiated in the hiring process. Then come a year later, that same company hasn't shown any indication of instituting those benefits/perks that were negotiated before you signed on to work for them. Then came along a more prestigious company in the same field that was willing to not only pay a bit more, but also had in place most of the benefits/perks that you were seeking from your current employer. How could you not take the opportunity to go to that more prestigious company?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/19/2007, 10:06 AM
But conversely, let's say that you sign up with a company because of certain benefits/perks that you negotiated in the hiring process. Then come a year later, that same company hasn't shown any indication of instituting those benefits/perks that were negotiated before you signed on to work for them. Then came along a more prestigious company in the same field that was willing to not only pay a bit more, but also had in place most of the benefits/perks that you were seeking from your current employer. How could you not take the opportunity to go to that more prestigious company?

That pretty well sums it up. After watching College Football Live on ESPN last night it sounds like Sooner Havok was right on. The boosters are layiong the blame on the WV AD for screwing things up and not Rodriguez for leaving.

Crucifax Autumn
12/19/2007, 10:39 AM
Can't we just blame 'em all and dislike eevrything about the entire program so it'll be more fun kicking their nads?

Desert Sapper
12/19/2007, 12:11 PM
Can't we just blame 'em all and dislike eevrything about the entire program so it'll be more fun kicking their nads?

Cut their ****ing heads off!:D

http://www.cineol.net/images/noticias/Cameos/Waterboy_2.jpg

BoulderSooner79
12/19/2007, 12:32 PM
For all we know, WVU told RR to leave ASAP. It appears there is already a dispute over the buyout clause and he would be a lame-duck recruiter. It's a negative for a school to have a departing coach around unless he is retiring or something non-competitive.

r5TPsooner
12/19/2007, 01:51 PM
IMHO he's one of the most overrated coaches in America. He mainly benefited from one or two great recruiting classes that included Slaton and White, not to mention that he coached in one of the most pathetic BCS conferences in the country.

Personally, Rodriguez and Meechigan deserve one another and his excuse for leaving WVU was as transparent as he is.

TopDawg
12/19/2007, 02:27 PM
IMHO he's one of the most overrated coaches in America. He mainly benefited from one or two great recruiting classes that included Slaton and White, not to mention that he coached in one of the most pathetic BCS conferences in the country.

Well, since recruiting is one of the most important parts of college football, I don't see how that can be counted as a strike against him.

After Rodriguez's first season, he was 25-13 in the 3 years before Slaton and White. It's not like he wasn't doing anything before they got there. From 2002-2007, he had a combined record of 60-18 (.769). Ridiculous NCAA penalties notwithstanding, Stoops' record during that same time was 66-14 (.825).

Yeah, Stoops has done it in a tougher conference and in tougher bowl games, but I think we'd all agree that OU is a step or two above West Virginia as well...and I haven't heard many people putting Rodriguez in the same league as Stoops. I just don't see him being all that over-rated.

TUSooner
12/19/2007, 02:55 PM
Now, I bet you guys have already discussed this on some previous threads. I just wanted to post my opinion about this ridiculous situation that the mountaineers have.

My father once told me that regardless of how bad or great things seem to be, you have a job, and you HAVE TO FINISH IT. RR could not even do that at his alma mater. I just don't understand. I mean, it sucks that you were a game away from being at a title and blow it but, you still end up in the FIESTA BOWL; a bowl that more than 80% of teams in college football would kill to get to. Coach Stoops went through the same thing but did he bail out? Of course not!

I feel for all of the WVU players and the university itself. To all of you mountaineer fans out there, I hope you find a coach who is twice the man RR ever was. Now, his former attornies are arguing against the buyout at WVU. Are you kidding me? This just shows you how thankful we are to having a classy and dedicated coach than moronic quitter.

Enjoy your stay at michigan richie boy because you won't be able to cry yourself out of this job if sh*t were to hit the fan.

After considering how things are for most coaches in the busness I think that's basically an unfair and unrealistic view. Sure, there are right and wrong wasy of doing things, but coaches have to be able to protect themselves, because they are not treated with the loyalty that's demanded of them. Take RR for example. As Tulane's OC, he was all set to take over the HC job after Tommy Bowden left following a 11-0 regular season. Suddenly, the AD says they are going with another guy (who wasn't half as good, btw) and RR is out in the cold. Despite getting slapped in the mouth, RR stayed to coach the offense under the new guy who bumped him, They won the bowl game to finish 12-0. Of course he landed on his feet, but it goes to show you what shaky ground these guys are on.
Opportunities are not alwasy of the same schedule as contracts. That's why there are buy-out deals.

I'm not sure, but I'd guess Bob Stoops probably still had some time on his previous contract as an assistant when he came to OU. Assuming he did, I don't see anything wrong with what he did. Anyhow, these guys are in a volatile market where they can go from hero to zero in a matter of weeks.

As far as leaving WVA, I hardly think leaving a successful program you helped create for a traditional giant like Michigan is like a rat leaving a sinking ship. At least RR didn't sneak off in the dead of night like Petrino or repeated lie about what what was going on like Saban. I think Rich deserves some slack.

TUSooner
12/19/2007, 03:04 PM

Personally, Rodriguez and Meechigan deserve one another and his excuse for leaving WVU was as transparent as he is.
I don't understand what you expect from a coach, that you can call RR "overrated". As TopDawg suggested, it's pretty silly to knock the guy for recruiting good players. ("Silly" being the very nicest way I can describe it.)

RR was a successful OC at Tulane, where he helped lead a traditionally SUCKtacular football program to a perfect season. All he did was WIN in his "pathetic BCS" conference. I personally think he's a darn good coach, way better than Les Miles. I hope he wins the Big Televen kicks Ohio State's butt for many years to come.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/19/2007, 03:14 PM
I think the guy can coach. Next year will be a tough transition because I can't see Ryan Mallett running a spread option attack and running the ball. Opposing LBs would probably have to stop laughing long enough to make a tackle. Give him a couple years to get his style of players...and at Michigan that won't take long and then they will shake things up in the Big 10.

TopDawg
12/19/2007, 04:07 PM
I think the guy can coach. Next year will be a tough transition because I can't see Ryan Mallett running a spread option attack and running the ball. Opposing LBs would probably have to stop laughing long enough to make a tackle. Give him a couple years to get his style of players...and at Michigan that won't take long and then they will shake things up in the Big 10.

Every team Michigan plays next year might hope Mallett runs the ball, but you don't really have to be a burner to be successful with the zone option play. Sure, it helps, but I never really considered Zach Robinson to be much of a running threat and he and Savage ate us up with that stuff early on in the ****** game. The fact that it was fairly new for them and that we had unexperienced ends in the game didn't help, but if we'd've been playing West Virginia, we might've been down 35-10 by halftime.

At any rate...yeah...I agree that it will be a pretty tough transition...but that zone option can still be successful without a huge running threat at the QB position. He just has to be very good at reading the DE. They should be good enough at the other positions to out-talent their way to wins in most of their other games, but he might have a really tough times with the top of that conference.

BoulderSooner79
12/19/2007, 04:57 PM
I think it will be interesting to see if RR switches Michigan to the zone option. I think that recruiting pro-style players is the best way to keep a program elite. Players like Dennis Dixon and Pat White are hard to find and they don't have much chance in the NFL. I'd rather have a chance of recruiting the next Tom Brady.

Scott D
12/19/2007, 06:57 PM

well that's part of the speculation up here. Whether or not Mallet and/or any of the other quarterbacks not named Henne will be requesting a release from their scholarship to transfer elsewhere. If he gets Terrelle Pryor then his offense shouldn't skip much of a beat. I think his style of offense probably leans a lot more toward Sam McGuffie's skill set, so he'd almost be making a bad decision to drop his verbal with Michigan.

If Mallet stays, and/or they don't get Pryor, that's the 'beauty' of the spread offense. You can adapt it to fit the personnel you have. With the current crop of players, the Michigan offense would likely look more like a Missouri version of the spread....except with a quarterback that can see over his offensive line.

Crucifax Autumn
12/20/2007, 01:48 AM
They'll suck for the next few years and perhaps if they are patient enough he'll have some success. Problem is, they probably won't be patient at all and they'll be waving money in front of Lester again.

cwalter2
12/21/2007, 05:46 PM

First off i'm a WV fan and would like to touch on this.
Rich Rod asked for a lot of things for the players that were not granted look above, and you guys were right about it being easy to take care of... What fails to be looked at is what is going on at WVU right now and what has been done since last year. The football stadium has been and is still underconstruction being expanded. The Athletes now have a 2 mill. upgraded facility for homework, tutoring, and eating... A 6 million dollor locker room upgrade has been put into place and construction will be finished before next year. Thats just at the football stadium. The Basketball team is getting a new areana. The Swimteam is getting a new pool and facility. The Womans/mens soccer team just got a new stadium 2 years ago and both teams made it to the NCAA (funny note... michigan just interviewed our womens soccer coach) I dont blame michigan... They just want whats best for their university and Rich fit the profile (after les, Schineo and a handfull of other coaches) Rich was getting what he asked for and more... and the way he left. (if you look he contacted urban down at fla. and talked to him about the mich. job about a week b4 he left... that gave urban the ability to sign doc to a new contract to make it harder for wvu to get him as a replacement) he really tried to screw us... thats the way we look at it... We joke about mich. building a recruiting facility on our campus for coaches, but we dont blame them tons of good coaches come from West Virginia. (Yost, Bowden, Saben, Holiday, RR, Huggins... to name a few) I'll be in AZ cheering on my boys still tho... GL to you guys, and come on over to mountaineernation.net your all welcome we can learn alot about each others programs... ;)

TUSooner
12/21/2007, 08:58 PM
First off i'm a WV fan and would like to touch on this.
Rich Rod asked for a lot of things for the players that were not granted look above, and you guys were right about it being easy to take care of... What fails to be looked at is what is going on at WVU right now and what has been done since last year. The football stadium has been and is still underconstruction being expanded. The Athletes now have a 2 mill. upgraded facility for homework, tutoring, and eating... A 6 million dollor locker room upgrade has been put into place and construction will be finished before next year. Thats just at the football stadium. The Basketball team is getting a new areana. The Swimteam is getting a new pool and facility. The Womans/mens soccer team just got a new stadium 2 years ago and both teams made it to the NCAA (funny note... michigan just interviewed our womens soccer coach) I dont blame michigan... They just want whats best for their university and Rich fit the profile (after les, Schineo and a handfull of other coaches) Rich was getting what he asked for and more... and the way he left. (if you look he contacted urban down at fla. and talked to him about the mich. job about a week b4 he left... that gave urban the ability to sign doc to a new contract to make it harder for wvu to get him as a replacement) he really tried to screw us... thats the way we look at it... We joke about mich. building a recruiting facility on our campus for coaches, but we dont blame them tons of good coaches come from West Virginia. (Yost, Bowden, Saben, Holiday, RR, Huggins... to name a few) I'll be in AZ cheering on my boys still tho... GL to you guys, and come on over to mountaineernation.net your all welcome we can learn alot about each others programs... ;)
That post is entirely too calm, rational and uh.. nice. YOU SHOULD BE BANNED!!
;)
Good luck with the new coach, but NO good luck until after the game. :D

LetsGoMountaineers
12/21/2007, 10:10 PM
Hey! Just came across your board and thought I would add a little insight from a WVU fan! I also have lost all respect for Coach Rod...he done alot for the program and I appreciate that but he handled the last few weeks really bad! I kinda feel as though WVU is the "high school sweetheart" all is good here...but Coach got a case of the wandering eye and thinks that the grass may be greener on the other side! He is going to play around with scUM for a bit and will soon realize that he had a good thing...and always wonder what would have happened if he would have stayed here! Imagine how awesome it would have been for him to win his first National title at his alma mater in his home state..he would have forever been a hero! The last year or so he got started flirting around..he tried to go to Bama and the loyal Mountaineer fans dug deep in the pockets to give him what he wanted...and it was good for a bit and he though we would just keep giving. But there comes a point when we have to realize that if he is flirting around that much he is eventuall going to leave! It sucks but the Mountaineers will overcome! Where i lost respect is that he just said a week prior we were stuck with him for a long time...and how he was always gonna be a Mountaineer! ANd the fact that he called recruits before telling his team that have spent hours of sweat, blood, and tears to help him get where he is today and the recruits find out before the staff and players at WVU! He had it made here and although he may be making a little more there you cant put a price on family and that is what a Mountaineer is! So yes WV has lost alot of respect for him! We are looking forward to a good game on the 2nd! Merry Christmas!

Soonerus
12/21/2007, 10:15 PM
Hey! Just came across your board and thought I would add a little insight from a WVU fan! I also have lost all respect for Coach Rod...he done alot for the program and I appreciate that but he handled the last few weeks really bad! I kinda feel as though WVU is the "high school sweetheart" all is good here...but Coach got a case of the wandering eye and thinks that the grass may be greener on the other side! He is going to play around with scUM for a bit and will soon realize that he had a good thing...and always wonder what would have happened if he would have stayed here! Imagine how awesome it would have been for him to win his first National title at his alma mater in his home state..he would have forever been a hero! The last year or so he got started flirting around..he tried to go to Bama and the loyal Mountaineer fans dug deep in the pockets to give him what he wanted...and it was good for a bit and he though we would just keep giving. But there comes a point when we have to realize that if he is flirting around that much he is eventuall going to leave! It sucks but the Mountaineers will overcome! Where i lost respect is that he just said a week prior we were stuck with him for a long time...and how he was always gonna be a Mountaineer! ANd the fact that he called recruits before telling his team that have spent hours of sweat, blood, and tears to help him get where he is today and the recruits find out before the staff and players at WVU! He had it made here and although he may be making a little more there you cant put a price on family and that is what a Mountaineer is! So yes WV has lost alot of respect for him! We are looking forward to a good game on the 2nd! Merry Christmas!

It always amazes me how some of these coaches just a few days before exiting state how committed to their school they are...under-belly of human nature...

LetsGoMountaineers
12/21/2007, 11:43 PM
yeah they get a little too big for their britches...I cant wait to see how Michigan handles it when Coach Rod loses the shot at the National Championship to Ohio state as a 28 point underdog because of his stubborness! They will kick him out so quick it aint even funny! He would never have to worry about that here...people were upset but they still rallied behind the team and the coaches! He proves he didnt want to be a distraction but yet he ditches WVU and heads to Michigan right before a BCS bowl and then goes to Michigan and fires all 9 assistant coaches right before their bowl...goes to show he cares about neither team and is only looking out for himself! You cant go through life being like that without it catching up with you!

soonerboomer93
12/21/2007, 11:59 PM
well, i'm gonna play arrogant *******/devils advocate because well, I can.

I can understand why WVU fans are upset but well, in all honesty suck it up, rub some dirt on it, get over it.

There is a price to pay if you want to be big time, be in the MNC hunt every year, be in the BCS every year. You have to either commit, or settle for what happens. Do we know the complete story of what happened, nope, and we may never. Yeah, it sucks to lose a coach who was so connected to the program but **** it. Darrell Royal - All American in 1948 while playing for OU, went on to coach Texas to 3 NC (and those ****s complain about us recruiting in texas). Oh, we did end up running him out of coaching after he spend a few years kicking our ***. Good jorb King :D.

It's not like RR went to coach Pitt, he went to a bigger program then you. You'll go out find a new HC, you might get someone whils only a co-ordinator somewhere, or you might poach a HC from another school. No matter who comes to there, some one will be upset about them leaving their current position.

Part of becoming big time, is understanding that the program is bigger then any single player, or coach. Doesn't matter how long they were their, what their record was, how many awards they won. They program will out last them.

Scott D
12/22/2007, 08:36 PM
yeah they get a little too big for their britches...I cant wait to see how Michigan handles it when Coach Rod loses the shot at the National Championship to Ohio state as a 28 point underdog because of his stubborness! They will kick him out so quick it aint even funny! He would never have to worry about that here...people were upset but they still rallied behind the team and the coaches! He proves he didnt want to be a distraction but yet he ditches WVU and heads to Michigan right before a BCS bowl and then goes to Michigan and fires all 9 assistant coaches right before their bowl...goes to show he cares about neither team and is only looking out for himself! You cant go through life being like that without it catching up with you!

The problem with that is that it'd take nothing short of recruiting from the student body to make Ohio State a 28 point underdog to Michigan.

Crucifax Autumn
12/24/2007, 05:59 AM
His wife told me last night she'd lost respect for him too!

Leroy Lizard
12/24/2007, 07:10 AM
well, i'm gonna play arrogant *******/devils advocate because well, I can.

Hey, um... ahem. Uhh, I think someone else has laid claim to that title. There is no room in this forum for two arrogant *******/devils, so back off!

Crucifax Autumn
12/24/2007, 07:16 AM
There is no room in this forum for two arrogant *******/devils, so back off!

2????? There are at least 500!

Leroy Lizard
12/24/2007, 07:20 AM
And 499 want playoffs.

Oh, I hate myself when I do that.

Crucifax Autumn
12/24/2007, 07:25 AM
LOL

Leroy Lizard
12/24/2007, 07:29 AM
Hey, Crucifax. Everyone has gone to sleep, so you can tell me: Which one of the two chicks are you in your avatar?

Frankly, I'm hoping you're the one on the right. But if you are the one on the left, don't be offended. You're still pretty hot.

Just not as hot as the one on the right.

Crucifax Autumn
12/24/2007, 07:41 AM
Ha-Ha...

The one on the left was actually way hotter...the one on the right has no tits and talks in a fake jersey accent that's more annoying than the Nanny.