PDA

View Full Version : Belichick quote

BoulderSooner79
12/18/2007, 01:25 PM
I was searching for the official "horse coller" rule with all these Roy Williams threads going and came across this Bill Belichick quote in the 2006 NFL rule changes :

"Our approach to the game is the same as it always is: to know the rules and to play within them,” says New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick."

Guess he was on vacation when they went over the spying rule. :eek:

The_Red_Patriot
12/18/2007, 02:14 PM
The Jets did it last against the Pats in the playoffs.

New England jut told the Jets to shut it down and didn't report it to the NFL probrably to spare Mangini.

Search it.

Sooner_Havok
12/18/2007, 02:17 PM

New England jut told the Jets to shut it down and didn't report it to the NFL probrably to spare Mangini.

Search it.

Um, the Jets guys were in the endzone recording the actual play on the field, they were asked to leave and did. They didn't have a camera on their sideline aimed directly at the opposing team's coaches in an attempt to steal signals.

Search it.

royalfan5
12/18/2007, 02:20 PM
Personally, I believe if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

Sooner_Havok
12/18/2007, 02:24 PM
Personally, I believe if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

Where have I heard that before???:rolleyes:

Collier11
12/18/2007, 02:29 PM
Um, the Jets guys were in the endzone recording the actual play on the field, they were asked to leave and did. They didn't have a camera on their sideline aimed directly at the opposing team's coaches in an attempt to steal signals.

Search it.

The jets never had permission so just because they left doesn't mean they weren't cheating until then. Everyone wants to pile on the Pats cus they are kicking everyone else's azz lately, what they were doing I guarantee you that 90% of the other teams were doing as well.

Sooner_Havok
12/18/2007, 02:33 PM
The jets never had permission so just because they left doesn't mean they weren't cheating until then. Everyone wants to pile on the Pats cus they are kicking everyone else's azz lately, what they were doing I guarantee you that 90% of the other teams were doing as well.

Ok, but there is a big difference between recording the play on the field, and recording nothing but coaches sending in signals. Look, I personally love the Pats right now. Unless they play the Niners I will be routing for them to win out. I like the fact that one team is making the other 31 look bad, and is making them whine about running up the score.

Collier11
12/18/2007, 02:41 PM
why do you think that the Pats are kicking everyones azzes, they are ****ed off!

cheezyq
12/18/2007, 02:42 PM
Guess he was on vacation when they went over the spying rule. :eek:

...or the pass interference/defensive holding rule,
...or the late hit rule,

Collier11
12/18/2007, 02:45 PM
...or the pass interference/defensive holding rule,
...or the late hit rule,

now thats just whining right there

BoulderSooner79
12/18/2007, 02:54 PM

Search it.

Whoa there! Not saying every other team doesn't do the same thing. I just thought the Bellichick quote from before the '06 season is pretty funny in retrospect. Just trying to entertain you folks. Heck, I hope the Pats win out just to stop those smug '72 fins players from doing their champagne ritual when the last unbeaten falls. Just as long as it doesn't create a smug '07 pats club that does the same thing :(