PDA

View Full Version : A.D.'s Performance Last Night

OklahomaRed
12/18/2007, 11:27 AM
vaulted me and my fantasy football team into the Superbowl in my Fantasy Football League. I was trailing by 6 points going into the Monday Night Football game. He was making me nervous in the first half, but with two touchdowns and a great second half he scored 20 points for me. I picked him up in the 6th round. We still hold our draft over at a friends house and everyone there was giving me heck !!! Look who is laughing now. Adrian has been awesome for me this year. I can guarantee you his fantasy draft status will be up around the 1st or second round next year. :D

fadada1
12/18/2007, 11:32 AM
good thing you didn't have brian westbrook and needed that extra 6 to win by one point.

OklahomaRed
12/18/2007, 11:40 AM
He had Chester Taylor as his #2 back, so he was betting that A.D. would continue his poor performance on his comeback from his knee injury and Chester Taylor would get the majority of the carries. Obviously he gambled on the wrong running back.

Collier11
12/18/2007, 01:30 PM
vaulted me and my fantasy football team into the Superbowl in my Fantasy Football League. I was trailing by 6 points going into the Monday Night Football game. He was making me nervous in the first half, but with two touchdowns and a great second half he scored 20 points for me. I picked him up in the 6th round. We still hold our draft over at a friends house and everyone there was giving me heck !!! Look who is laughing now. Adrian has been awesome for me this year. I can guarantee you his fantasy draft status will be up around the 1st or second round next year. :D

I made it into the Championship on a great 2nd half by Clinton Portis, gotta love the last second victories! :D

CatfishSooner
12/18/2007, 01:35 PM
good thing you didn't have brian westbrook and needed that extra 6 to win by one point.

:D

TheUnnamedSooner
12/18/2007, 01:38 PM
He won my game for me last night too. I picked him up in the 1st round :)

tommieharris91
12/18/2007, 02:21 PM
I think AD will be the consensus #1 overall fantasy pick next season.

swardboy
12/18/2007, 03:51 PM

It will be interesting to compare Mr. McFadden's first NFL year with AD's.....should shut up a lot of woo pig sooey fans.

tulsaoilerfan
12/18/2007, 07:12 PM
No way he gets picked over Brady

stoopified
12/18/2007, 07:20 PM
No way he gets picked over Brady
It ain't true.

OU-HSV
12/18/2007, 07:49 PM
The guy I played this week had AD and Chester Taylor. He only needed 9 pts. to beat me before last night's game. I was in a tough spot...I wanted AD to do well, but I wanted to win my game. And at halftime I still had a 4 pt lead. But once AD scored that 1st TD, I was done. So I watched the remainder of the game and pulled for AD big time.

GottaHavePride
12/18/2007, 09:27 PM
I'm'a just throw this out there....

I think fantasy football is dungeons & dragons for sports fans. I don't get it.

TUSooner
12/18/2007, 09:57 PM

I didn't either until this year. I got talked into it by some guys who needed 1 more player. It was free and idiot proof: The computer distributed the players taking into account how the individual players ranked their preferences. The only "draft" was ranking the players and hoping the computer paid attention. Then you got to trade and get free agents and stuff. I didn't raise a finger and got Brady.
I was cruising in 1st place until the semis last week. :( I could blame the weather and the Jets for keeping Brady down. But in fact, my opponent had Drew Brees and Marques Colston, who lit it up. Plus he had SD's defense which had 5 INTs. Add in his other players and I got royally pwned. I figured out that I could have played all of my plyers, bench included, and still lost by about 20. :rolleyes:

randu
12/18/2007, 10:23 PM

It makes the games interesting. I normally don't care at all about the NFL but when you have players on various teams that are playing you feel like you have something at stake in the game. I would think a lot of people that grew up in Okla would feel the same way (not caring about the NFL).

jwlynn64
12/19/2007, 01:19 AM
In the old days, that what parlays were for. ;) Try a few 10 parlays, that is what really makes the games interesting.

Crucifax Autumn
12/19/2007, 01:34 AM
I'm just glad AD had a great night.

jwlynn64
12/19/2007, 02:03 AM
I still for the life of me can't figure out why they don't try and get the ball to him on a screen more often.

I can remember when Dallas ran the screen to Emmitt 5 or 6 times a game. They probably lost yards 4 of those times but the other two or three they would bust for 20+ yards.

Do whatever it takes to get the ball in his hands in space!

Crucifax Autumn
12/19/2007, 02:11 AM
I think next year the'll get some better plays for him and he'll be a total superstar. I'm sure that while they were hoping for a lot from him this year, they didn't really plan on him being as good as he is!

OklahomaRed
12/19/2007, 12:15 PM
I've did Fantasy Football for several years now. randu is right. It makes the game more interesting because you have a player in the game. Also, it has forced me to keep up with NFL stats a little better than I normally do. You have to be careful being sentimental toward any one give player or team because it will get you beat if you don't have a good QB, RB, and WR. It's fun. I takes about 20 minutes a week to trade, pick up hot players, watch your IR and depth charts. Usually, if you play your cards right and watch who's hurt, who's hot, and who's not you can always end up making the playoffs. Once you make the playoffs, anything could happen. It's fun. :D

sooner518
12/19/2007, 12:18 PM
Tom Brady sucked balls last week and I got knocked out of the playoffs. Im not happy about it. In fact, every single one of my players scored far below their projected points. awful

OUmillenium
12/19/2007, 12:23 PM
Fantasy Football is de debil bobby.

No way I will ever cheer for a 49er, Steeler, Eagle, or many others unless they are a Sooner.

I pull for the Dallas Cowboys and all Sooner players.

Fantasy football...ugh

Curly Bill
12/19/2007, 12:27 PM
Fantasy Football is de debil bobby.

No way I will ever cheer for a 49er, Steeler, Eagle, or many others unless they are a Sooner.

I pull for the Dallas Cowboys and all Sooner players.

Fantasy football...ugh

Second!

RedstickSooner
12/19/2007, 12:37 PM
I've got AD in my keeper league.

He's the ONLY player I'm keeping next year -- and the only reason I have any wins at all. The rest of my team sucks.

But man do I look forward to the next 5 or 6 years in the league.