PDA

View Full Version : Pink-nell to stay at Mizz?

Lott's Bandana
12/17/2007, 09:52 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3156300

DO NOT skip the "conversation" at the bottom of the article:

Tigger fans v. Hawg fans

HI-larious.

Ozark smack.

jeffinsgf (1 day ago)
Well, then pencil necked, sawed-off loud-mouthed runts with turf permanently attached to their face mask sure as heck don't stand a chance.

Chase will draft better next year than he will this year. He stays.
We'll hold McFadden to less than a hundred rushing and beat AR by 10 (51-41 comes to mind).
Gary will retire from MIZZOU around 70, with 2 national titles and a winning record against OU during his tenure.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/17/2007, 09:59 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3156300

DO NOT skip the "conversation" at the bottom of the article:

Tigger fans v. Hawg fans

HI-larious.

Ozark smack.

That's pretty funny. 12 months ago a lot of MU fans were calling for his head...athough he has been more successful than any MU coach since Dan Devine.

MU will be good next year. Probably not quite as good as this year but close. After that though they will lose Daniel, Coffman and Maclin will probably go early to the NFL and despite their success this year theuir recruiting class is nothing to write home about. In fact their top 2 recruits for 2008 are a QB and a TE...not exactly the biggest needs for 2008. I think MU has another year of vacation before going back to the 7-5, 6-6 days pretty consistantly.

Rhino
12/17/2007, 12:41 PM
This quote makes no sense.

"This is a great way to finish the season. We're 11-2 and there's a lot of stuff out there."

LSUdeek
12/18/2007, 04:22 PM
That's pretty funny. 12 months ago a lot of MU fans were calling for his head...athough he has been more successful than any MU coach since Dan Devine.

MU will be good next year. Probably not quite as good as this year but close. After that though they will lose Daniel, Coffman and Maclin will probably go early to the NFL and despite their success this year theuir recruiting class is nothing to write home about. In fact their top 2 recruits for 2008 are a QB and a TE...not exactly the biggest needs for 2008. I think MU has another year of vacation before going back to the 7-5, 6-6 days pretty consistantly.

They only got Daniel cause Mack screwed the pooch on recruiting after RP left them at the altar. Let's not forget that ;)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/18/2007, 05:30 PM
They only got Daniel cause Mack screwed the pooch on recruiting after RP left them at the altar. Let's not forget that ;)

The story I heard was that Maclin stayed close to home and went to MU becuase he had an ill relative (mother, aunt, grandmother) otherwise he would have signed with OU. He was actually an OU commit for some time.

I give Pinkel some credit for being able to find a few sleepers like Brad Smith and I believe MU nearly got Masques Colston, (who wound up at somewhere like Hofstra) but they had a lot of luck come their way and I don't honestly see a whole lot of regional or national recruits even looking at MIZZOU.

Paperclip
12/18/2007, 05:54 PM
This quote makes no sense.

Maybe he just really likes the Kilgore Rangerettes.

Crucifax Autumn
12/19/2007, 02:00 AM
Gary will retire from MIZZOU around 70, with 2 national titles and a winning record against OU during his tenure.

That's gonna be hard to acheive losing to us twice a year!

CORNholio
12/19/2007, 04:32 AM
I don't honestly see a whole lot of regional or national recruits even looking at MIZZOU.

I really think that changing 4 generations of losing top-notch recruits will take winning a big 12 championship or a BCS bowl. Tough to do for a long time middle of the pack team.

CORNholio
12/19/2007, 04:33 AM

Seriously. They sound like Arkie and Okie lite fans.

CORNholio
12/19/2007, 04:36 AM

Mack was dumb for ever recruiting Ryan Periloux in the first place. The stunt he pulled on national signing day was classic foreshadowing of character. And character is a bigger deal in a QB than any other position.

chriscappel
12/19/2007, 05:19 AM

Preach on!!

Sooner in Tampa
12/19/2007, 06:35 AM
Mizzou fans are rapidly becoming some of the worst in the Big XII.

fadada1
12/19/2007, 09:38 AM
maybe 2nd. colorado has that one monopolized.

Youngsooner
12/19/2007, 09:43 AM

I can agree with that. They changed over the course of the first time we played them this year and the second time. What get's me is all the crap they started talking befor the big 12 championship... then we never really hear from their fans again... could that arse woopin be apart of the reason? ;)

OUmillenium
12/19/2007, 12:28 PM
They have always had the worst fans in basketball in terms of immoral behavior. I do credit their enthusiasm and support for their team, however.