PDA

View Full Version : Whopper Freakout

Octavian
12/16/2007, 05:46 PM
What a great ad campaign by Burger King. If you haven't seen the commercials, the company decided to cancel the Whopper at one of their restaurants and capture their customers' reactions and then use it for promotion.

The website vid has some pretty funny moments.

http://www.whopperfreakout.com/

(I actually did do a search first, but if this is already a four page thread somewhere....SIA. ;) )

Newbomb Turk
12/16/2007, 05:53 PM
I have never eaten a Whopper in my life.

I know I'm setting myself up with that line. :O

soonerboomer93
12/16/2007, 06:11 PM
what, you prefer the big mac?

Newbomb Turk
12/16/2007, 06:18 PM
never eaten a "big mess" either.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/16/2007, 06:19 PM
Wendy's over anything BK and MCd has to offer

sanantoniosooner
12/16/2007, 06:23 PM
We don't even have the facilities to produce a square patty...

awesome:D

proud gonzo
12/16/2007, 06:24 PM
i don't know who comes up with burger king's ad campaigns, but they're awesome.

GrapevineSooner
12/16/2007, 06:26 PM
I think they're OK to very good.

But this one kinda sucks, IMOSHO.

soonerboomer93
12/16/2007, 06:47 PM
Wendy's over anything BK and MCd has to offer

you've obviously never enjoyed that wondrous texas double whopper

double whopper with cheese, bacon and jalapanos

good ****

soonerbrat
12/16/2007, 06:53 PM
Does anyone still eat at BK? All the ones anywhere near me have closed down

soonerbrat
12/16/2007, 06:55 PM
heh..i love that they got Peter Thomas to narrate.
and the guy with the Attreyu tshirt.

SoonerGirl06
12/16/2007, 07:05 PM
Cheesy.

Okla-homey
12/16/2007, 07:05 PM
It may just be because it was my first fast food "big" hamburger, but I still remember that DQ "Belt-Buster" (with a Dilly Bar for dessert) was the best evar.

bluedogok
12/16/2007, 07:07 PM
In other parts of the country they thrive, a few years ago the franchise holder in OKC got shut down. There has been a new franchisee but they are struggling to reopen. There are some down here, more Jack In The Box than there is BK in the battle of second tier burger franchises.

Petro-Sooner
12/16/2007, 07:11 PM
Whataburger is where its at.

Newbomb Turk
12/16/2007, 07:15 PM
I don't get the fascination with Whataburger.

Braums pwns all of them.

critical_phil
12/16/2007, 07:35 PM
I don't get the fascination with Whataburger.

Braums pwns all of them.

you, sir, are an idiot.

OUinFLA
12/16/2007, 07:48 PM
5 Guys

anyone eat their burgers?
kinda expensive, but dang good.

critical_phil
12/16/2007, 07:48 PM
oh, and the rufnek05 in 20 years dude just kills me every single time.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1513/burgerqueenzr2.jpg

Newbomb Turk
12/16/2007, 07:49 PM
you, sir, are an idiot.

personal attacks are not tolerated.

bluedogok
12/16/2007, 07:55 PM
I like Whataburger, I go there often but between the two I prefer Braum's, we just don't have any of them this far south.

soonerboomer93
12/16/2007, 08:03 PM
i really only get taquito's from whataburger. if I try their burgers, it's a heartburn gutbomb every ****in time

really, i prefer carls jr

critical_phil
12/16/2007, 08:09 PM
personal attacks are not tolerated.

and this board doesn't need any more fancy-pantsy, know-it-alls.

look: braums has a decent hamburger, but with obvious flaws. first, i hope that you've blocked out your entire afternoon should you decide you want a ****ing hamburger. also, they slather mayonnaise all over your **** whether or not you ask them to.

whataburger makes a good burger to order.

luckily i work right down the street from Ron's and Charcoal Oven and don't have to decide between braums or whataburger.

Newbomb Turk
12/16/2007, 08:14 PM
hey, if you like whataburger that's fine with me.

I don't like over priced, paper thin dried out hamburger patties.

King Crimson
12/16/2007, 08:22 PM
I don't like over priced, paper thin dried out hamburger patties.

snob.

sooner dairy lunch for me. i'm not a whataburger fan. i have to admit the last couple times i've been to Braum's the burgers were pretty average. fries were good, but burgers not as greasy heaven as i remembered.

but, again, i went to the Braum's out on E. Lindsey in Norman a few years ago and ordered a large cherry coke...and the girl working there didn't know what i was talking about and had to ask one of the other senior employees what to do.

i almost went into the fetal position. the time are changing.

Newbomb Turk
12/16/2007, 08:33 PM
snob.

I may be an idiot, but I'm no snob.

King Crimson
12/16/2007, 08:36 PM
i was joking.

Newbomb Turk
12/16/2007, 08:36 PM
well then I'm just an idiot.

SoonerGirl06
12/16/2007, 08:45 PM
Ya'll just need to kiss and make up and quit arguing over who's meat is better than who's.

critical_phil
12/16/2007, 08:56 PM
KC calling someone a snob.

now THAT'S rich.

OCUDad
12/16/2007, 09:06 PM
Mike Rich is a snob?

bluedogok
12/16/2007, 09:20 PM
We don't Carl Jr's down here, nor Charcoal Oven or Ron's, I never understood the fascination with Ron's. I lived in the neighborhood behind the Mayfair location and tried it several times and it was disappointing every time. Charcoal Oven was good, Carl's (in OKC) has worse service than Braum's ever thought about, and that says quite a lot.

There are different levels of burgers, there are destination burgers and sustenance burgers. Fast food joints are there because you need something quick and decent, just for sustenance. None of them compare to even Johnnie's, The Meers Store, Steak N' Shake or any other number of greasy spoons around. Actually the best burgers that I have had were the ones at the old Lake Hefner Golf Course Pro Shop (before the remodel), they were just the quintessential greasy spoon burger. The old Sheen Drug had good burgers, even the old Harry Bears had good burgers. Down here we have Hut's downtown and Dirty Martin's by the UT campus, one of the best is the Lone Star Motorcycle Museums Ace Cafe out in Vanderpool.

Just different burgers for different purposes, I avoid BK, I have Liquid Smoke belches for hours after eating there. The only time that I do eat there is when it is the only place along the highway in the middle of nowhere (this would be around Fort Stockton in West Texas). It is no surprise to me that they have struggled to get back into the OKC market, they never had much of a presence to begin with. I like Whataburger but I don't understand the "love" that some people have for the place.

Newbomb Turk
12/16/2007, 09:22 PM
We don't Carl Jr's down here, nor Charcoal Oven or Ron's, I never understood the fascination with Ron's.

you, sir, are an idiot.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

;)

r5TPsooner
12/16/2007, 09:29 PM

That's because most people dislike microwaved burgers that are sold as fresh.

BK sucks.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/16/2007, 10:30 PM
I like Whataburger, I go there often but between the two I prefer Braum's, we just don't have any of them this far south.
My town has Braum's, but I generally go there just for the ice cream, but no Whataburger. Wish we did, though.:(
Funny enough, the nearest Whataburger is actually the Whattaburger in Russellville, Ark. Which more than makes up for a regular Whataburger, especially when they give you a sackful of fries that is the "small" order.

soonerbrat
12/16/2007, 10:39 PM
whataburger is best when drunk or nursing a hangover.

King Crimson
12/16/2007, 10:45 PM
KC calling someone a snob.

now THAT'S rich.

c_p calling KC calling someone a snob now THAT'S rich.

that being a joke part you missed. Turk and i are bros, i'd say. even though he's misguided in a few ways that pertained to lumby brown ground made of honey. maybe he doesn't liek me some politics too. but i'd bet, he'd say i'm a good guy.

i didn't post in the expensive faggy lid wine thread? did i?

call somebody else out next time.

critical_phil
12/16/2007, 10:49 PM
c_p calling KC calling someone a snob now THAT'S rich...

call somebody else out next time..

it was your turn.

up next: Lid
on deck: sooneron