PDA

View Full Version : Why are Bowl Teams ticket allotments so insultingly bad?

SoonerShark
12/16/2007, 01:52 PM
When the power came back on the e-mail with the Fiesta Bowl tracking came up. The ticket code on the e-mail shown show the tickets shipped to be in Section 434, which is on the corner upper upper upper deck. I want to refuse delivery even though I have been billed. I would rather watch the game on a 7 inch battery powered black and white TV while sitting in a box than sit there. Were the tickets that horrible last year? You would think they would have seating simlar to the Big 12 Championship or other conference games. We give visitors better seats than that in Norman.

PLaw
12/16/2007, 02:06 PM
I just got my e-mail and I'm stuck in section 453 for $135/ticket. That's nose bleed, in the corner of the end zone for tickets purchased the Monday after the Big 12 championship at 0800. Stubhub had tickets at less than $100 in lower sections. I feel gipped.

Bummer

bluedogok
12/16/2007, 02:12 PM
All of those corporate BCS/Fox sponsors get the good tickets, just like for the Superbowl. The fans get what leftovers the corporate money doesn't want.

Soonermagik
12/16/2007, 02:17 PM
Go to a different ticket agency, but be prepared to pay some money. You can always look into those package deals they normally have pretty good seats. Good luck!!!

SoonerShark
12/16/2007, 02:19 PM
Refuse the UPS shipment so it will be returned. Make a statement, which what I am futilely going to do. If enough people did it would make a difference. I will be a sort of sports Gandhi. Ultimately I will be assassinated by the Castigliano family hitman.

SoonerShark
12/16/2007, 02:24 PM
Stubhub has Section 434 tickets on sale for $50.00 per seat. I have been the victim of an act of larceny.

85sooners
12/16/2007, 03:08 PM
i got lower level goal line seats off ebay for $230 for 4 i did the school tickets last year and got 2 for $295 and they were not any better

SoonerShark
12/16/2007, 04:08 PM
Note to self: NEVER buy bowl game tickets from OU unless it is the National Championship game, which can be sold to supplement the cost of the tickets bought off of the secondary market.

SoonerShark
12/16/2007, 04:11 PM
I went ahead and bought 2 in the endzone on the OU side plus a parking pass for less than the OU issued seats in a Gotebo area wheat field. I was such a dolt.

yermom
12/16/2007, 04:17 PM
i am getting them at the game.

i think that is the best way for bowl games, unless we are playing someone in their backyard, there are always going to be cheaper tickets at the game

of course this is basically true for home and away games as well

bluedogok
12/16/2007, 04:25 PM
Don't blame the schools, the blame is on the bowl committees and their sponsors.

SoonerShark
12/16/2007, 06:22 PM
Don't blame the schools, the blame is on the bowl committees and their sponsors.

Granted. But who supplies the talent for the bowls? Nobody pays to see beer-bellied gray beards strut their stuff. If the USCs, Oklahomas, UTs, Michigans, tOSUs, etc., had administrative employees demanding it, our fans would be better taken care of at the bowls. One course of action is to never buy tickets through the schools again. When the schools check on why nobody is buying the crappy tickets that the school is required to force feed fans in the "Why Can't We Sell Manure and Make It Pass for Strawberries Anymore Study" they will find that the rabble that they take for granted needs substance for bucks.

Soonerfan88
12/16/2007, 06:25 PM
I sat in that corner last year and it really wasn't that bad (450 IIRC). This year I am in the "temporary" end zone added just for the bowl games. Heard lots of complaints about those last year so I'll probably be wishing I was back in the corner. The absolute best seats will always be reserved for the corporate sponsors at any bowl game.

Pre-ordering (season ticket holders) will usually get you a little better seat than waiting to buy after the game has been announced.

SoonerShark
12/16/2007, 06:57 PM
I sat in that corner last year and it really wasn't that bad (450 IIRC). This year I am in the "temporary" end zone added just for the bowl games. Heard lots of complaints about those last year so I'll probably be wishing I was back in the corner. The absolute best seats will always be reserved for the corporate sponsors at any bowl game.

Evil wins when good men do nothing. I know you are right about corporate shills, however, again, if we don't participate there will be nothing to sponsor.

Pre-ordering (season ticket holders) will usually get you a little better seat than waiting to buy after the game has been announced.

Actually, I pre-ordered. I am cutting off my nose to spite my face by refusing shipment when it comes Tuesday, but I guess losing $295.00 is better than feeling like I have been yacked by a wildebeest in the hiney. I will not be taken advantage of again.

I am also peeved that many 50 plus year season ticket holders don't get OU-Texas tickets as of about five years ago because their support is apparently less valuable and rewarded less by the University while I get OU-Texas tickets because I give a certain amount of money. Supporters of 50 plus years are more important than I am...but that is only if we want to reward substance.

sooner59
12/16/2007, 07:57 PM
This makes me not look forward to graduating and losing my student tickets. I always get great tickets to OU-TX, Big 12, and bowl games. Im going to be in you guys' boat soon. And it sounds like a less than decent boat.

SoonerShark
12/16/2007, 09:00 PM
How much are the face values of tickets for sections 128-131 and sections 132-134 at the stadium?

SunDevilSooner
12/16/2007, 09:30 PM
I picked up 3 seats in 136 and a parking pass off ebay for $175... Not the greatest seats, but I'm on the OU side, and it didn't break the Christmas fund...

AverageJoe
12/16/2007, 09:31 PM
Never buy tickets for Champ games or Bowl games before you get there. I never have. Went to the Orange Bowl in 2000 with out tickets. People with STACKS of tickets all over the place. I knew what side OU fans were on so I went to that side. Checked around, found my target and waited for her to give up about 15 min til kickoff and wham. Got me 2 seats 20 rows up on the 45 for $25 each.

I do it every time for bowls and champ games. 80% of tickets are given out to sponsors and then the sponsers give them to local employess then they sell them to brokers and scalpers. THOUSANDS.

Never buy before you get there. You will get screwed.

AJ

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/17/2007, 12:58 AM
Never buy tickets for Champ games or Bowl games before you get there. I never have. Went to the Orange Bowl in 2000 with out tickets. People with STACKS of tickets all over the place. I knew what side OU fans were on so I went to that side. Checked around, found my target and waited for her to give up about 15 min til kickoff and wham. Got me 2 seats 20 rows up on the 45 for $25 each.

I do it every time for bowls and champ games. 80% of tickets are given out to sponsors and then the sponsers give them to local employess then they sell them to brokers and scalpers. THOUSANDS.

Never buy before you get there. You will get screwed.

AJWhatcha trying to do-tighten up the market?

AverageJoe
12/17/2007, 10:16 AM
Hehehehehe

Just saying there should not BE a market. Professional so called Ticket Brokers(Scaplers) and Professional Ebay'ers are the scurge of College Football and should be wiped of the face of the planet.........;)

AJ

yukonsooner
12/17/2007, 10:27 AM
I canceled my tickets before they were sent, figuring I would get tickets in a part of the stadium that was closer to Phoenix than Glendale, (like last year's Big XII game), and got two lower level + parking permit on ebay for 151.00. I saved about $200 over the cost from the university. I'll buy from other sources than the university from now on.

yermom
12/17/2007, 10:33 AM
Hehehehehe

Just saying there should not BE a market. Professional so called Ticket Brokers(Scaplers) and Professional Ebay'ers are the scurge of College Football and should be wiped of the face of the planet.........;)

AJ

if they weren't there, you'd be paying more in this case...

schlanker
12/17/2007, 10:38 AM
Get a friend who works for Frito Lay. I got great seats for Free!!!. If you cant beat em join em.

12/17/2007, 12:02 PM
Hehehehehe

AJWhat you did (IMO) was tell people how to find cheap tickets, thereby making cheap tickets harder to find FOR YOURSELF. It's sorta like telling people about the great spot on a river where the fish congregate, and are usually biting. Why? Didn't you enjoy catching lots of fish?

SoonerShark
12/17/2007, 08:02 PM
I canceled my tickets before they were sent, figuring I would get tickets in a part of the stadium that was closer to Phoenix than Glendale, (like last year's Big XII game), and got two lower level + parking permit on ebay for 151.00. I saved about $200 over the cost from the university. I'll buy from other sources than the university from now on.

Congratulations.

I am trying to figure out how to get $295 of flesh from OU to appease my anger, which is contrary to my nature. I could have been in the endzone and been happy as long as I was in the 100 level seats.

I am considering commandeering our mascot fake horses, which would make tens of thousands of Sooner fans happy, although I don't know what I would do with them after I got them. Are there any third world countries where they could be butchered for meals for whatever holiday they celebrate? I could send Boren to Japan where he would be harpooned offshore and gutted by a whaling vessel.

AverageJoe
12/17/2007, 08:21 PM
What you did (IMO) was tell people how to find cheap tickets, thereby making cheap tickets harder to find FOR YOURSELF. It's sorta like telling people about the great spot on a river where the fish congregate, and are usually biting. Why? Didn't you enjoy catching lots of fish?

But that is exactly what I am saying there are people walking around bowl game parking lots with STACKS of tickets. Hundreds per seller!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More than enough for everyone. I got into the Rose Bowl for $10 mid lower level, ailse seats 35 yard line. Big 12 Champ games are the same way. I have never paid more than $8 per ticket to get into ANY Big 12 Champ game. Good seats as well. Ya just got to have patience. Some friends of mine can't take it. I have waited for a low price up to 3 minutes before kick off. That is when the non-professional sellers give up and start to go inside then you grab them up for cheap. Done the same at OU-Texas. Just have to be paitent. Drives my football buddies insane, but I always call them from the 50 yard line, saying guess where I am and how much I paid.

I have been to almost every Bowl game OU has played in since 1985 and always got in for at least half of face.

STACKS AND STACKS of red hot wax.................;)

I am not much of road dog anymore but for a while we went to 47 staraight OU football games home and away. I travel for a living now so on the away game weekends I park it in front of the big screen. NOW THAT IS A CHEAP TICKET WITH ALL THE PERKS......:D

12/17/2007, 09:13 PM
But that is exactly what I am saying there are people walking around bowl game parking lots with STACKS of tickets. Hundreds per seller!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More than enough for everyone. I got into the Rose Bowl for $10 mid lower level, ailse seats 35 yard line. Big 12 Champ games are the same way. I have never paid more than $8 per ticket to get into ANY Big 12 Champ game. Good seats as well. Ya just got to have patience. Some friends of mine can't take it. I have waited for a low price up to 3 minutes before kick off. That is when the non-professional sellers give up and start to go inside then you grab them up for cheap. Done the same at OU-Texas. Just have to be paitent. Drives my football buddies insane, but I always call them from the 50 yard line, saying guess where I am and how much I paid.

I have been to almost every Bowl game OU has played in since 1985 and always got in for at least half of face.

STACKS AND STACKS of red hot wax.................;)

I am not much of road dog anymore but for a while we went to 47 staraight OU football games home and away. I travel for a living now so on the away game weekends I park it in front of the big screen. NOW THAT IS A CHEAP TICKET WITH ALL THE PERKS......:D Alright Mr Burger King! OK OK, No more complaining, since you just keep on doing it.

SoonerShark
12/17/2007, 10:12 PM
I am going for the "wait til late for fate at the gate" route in the future. I need to harness my inner ****iness rather than having the "need to know the row before I go to the show."

SoonerShark
12/17/2007, 10:32 PM
I am mistaken and I apologize. Whatever OU feeds me is wonderful. Don Castiglione and his caporegime were gracious enough to contact me and I am happy being seated in the Himalayas. They were also gracious enough to offer to introduce me to James Riddle "Jimmy" Hoffa in the endzone seats of the Giant's stadium.

SoonerShark
12/18/2007, 10:48 PM
I just woke up with Boomer's head in my bed.

azheat4u
12/18/2007, 11:06 PM
I got 2 in sec 117 row 11, a parking pass + s/h for $223 off of ebay.

MamaMia
12/18/2007, 11:07 PM
Ours are on the goal line, 2 rows up. I hope I'll be able to see over the people on the sideline. My uncle who donates a few thousand a year only requested two seats. His are on the 10 yard line. Something is wrong, very, very wrong.