PDA

View Full Version : Dear Sprint...

GottaHavePride
12/15/2007, 10:01 PM
Could you please consider making a phone that isn't a piece of ****?

Srsly. I was at the Sprint store today looking at phones. Yes, right now I'm still on Sprint but the ****ty quality of their new phones is making me consider jumping ship.

They had a few decent phones, but they were ALL Nextel-only phones. They don't work on Sprint's network. I mean, seriously, wtf? Sprint and Nextel are the same damn company, you'd think they could integrate the networks.

BTW, the i355 is sweet if you don't mind not having a camera. Kick-*** phone. I'd buy one, but I'd have to switch service to Nextel and pay a crapload more. Assfaces.

And aside from the two or three Nextel phones that seemed ok, all the Sprint phones were flimsy plastic **** that a six-week-old baby could pull apart like they were the Governator. Except for the $300+ RAZR 9c, or whatever the hell it was. And even that thing didn't seem all that sturdy.

Gah.

proud gonzo
12/15/2007, 10:03 PM
count "assfaces" among the *** words that are not replaced by assterisks.

GottaHavePride
12/15/2007, 10:05 PM
asstronauts

proud gonzo
12/15/2007, 10:06 PM
asstroturf

FirstandGoal
12/15/2007, 10:08 PM
assinine

Mongo
12/15/2007, 10:10 PM
try the krazor, I have one and havent had a single problem with it.

but dont get the pink one like sooneron, get the black

SicEmBaylor
12/15/2007, 10:12 PM
My sister is getting a Centro for Xmas. I took a look at it and it seemed pretty decent to me. It's honestly the only Sprint phone that I'd want.

royalfan5
12/15/2007, 10:14 PM
Sprint still owes me $5.49.

GottaHavePride
12/15/2007, 10:18 PM

Yeah, I don't think Sprint carries those. The only RAZR variants the stor had were the V3m and the V9m. I think those are Verizon-only.

GottaHavePride
12/15/2007, 10:22 PM
My sister is getting a Centro for Xmas. I took a look at it and it seemed pretty decent to me. It's honestly the only Sprint phone that I'd want.

Urgh. I saw that in the store and it looked like they should have named it "My Very First PDA by Fisher-Price"

I'd go for the touch by HTC first, but it's $500 without rebates.

The LG Rumor looks good, but when you pick it up it feels like you could crush it with one hand. The MOTO Q is not bad, but I don't want to pay for the data plans, since I don't really need all that.

Seriously, I would have bought the i355 on the spot if it was a Sprint phone. when you pick it up it feels like you could run over it with a tank and it would still work. Only drawback: no camera.

Mongo
12/15/2007, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I don't think Sprint carries those. The only RAZR variants the stor had were the V3m and the V9m. I think those are Verizon-only.

I am on sprint and have one, maybe they dont carry them anymore

SicEmBaylor
12/15/2007, 10:29 PM
Urgh. I saw that in the store and it looked like they should have named it "My Very First PDA by Fisher-Price"

I'd go for the touch by HTC first, but it's $500 without rebates.

The LG Rumor looks good, but when you pick it up it feels like you could crush it with one hand. The MOTO Q is not bad, but I don't want to pay for the data plans, since I don't really need all that.

Seriously, I would have bought the i355 on the spot if it was a Sprint phone. when you pick it up it feels like you could run over it with a tank and it would still work. Only drawback: no camera.

I think you should switch carriers. I'm pretty pleased with AT&T; plus, with unlimited mobile to mobile minutes we can talk for free.

Mjcpr
12/15/2007, 10:31 PM
I think you should switch carriers. I'm pretty pleased with AT&T; plus, with unlimited mobile to mobile minutes we can talk for free.

And if they get the family plan, PG too!

Vaevictis
12/15/2007, 10:44 PM

Which is actually a feature in some lines of work.

GottaHavePride
12/15/2007, 10:59 PM
Well, yeah. At this point I'd actually like to have a camera. And if I wind up switching, AT&T is probably top of my list.

GottaHavePride
1/17/2008, 12:01 AM
Round two:

Dammit still sums up the experience. At this point, I'm probably goingt o go with the Moto Q9c and just cough up the extra $25/month for the data plan. The Q has web and can handle POP/IMAP and Exchange e-mail. I don't really need the ability to create and edit Microsoft Office documents on my phone, so I don't need a Treo.

The ****ty part is I found out a phone exactly like I want actually exists. It's the HTC S730 (http://www.htc.com/product/03-product_s730.htm). Unfortunately, according to everything I've found on the intarwubs, it doesn't work on Sprint's network. And it costs $600.

soonerbrat
1/17/2008, 12:20 AM

don't get the Sprint Krazr...srsly...

i like my Palm Centro

OCUDad
1/17/2008, 12:46 AM
picasso

yermom
1/17/2008, 01:45 AM
and why are you still with Sprint?

Vaevictis
1/17/2008, 04:11 AM
They had a few decent phones, but they were ALL Nextel-only phones. They don't work on Sprint's network. I mean, seriously, wtf? Sprint and Nextel are the same damn company, you'd think they could integrate the networks.

In case you're still interested, the reason they can't easily integrate the networks is because they use fundamentally different technologies. Sprint's is CDMA, Nextel's is TDMA.

Unfortunately, the two technologies are completely incompatible, and cannot be made to be so. The only way to make a phone compatible with both networks would be to include chips for both technologies -- which would be very, very expensive.

Mongo
1/17/2008, 06:26 AM
don't get the Sprint Krazr...srsly...

i like my Palm Centro

I dont think you know what you are talking about

OKLA21FAN
1/17/2008, 08:12 AM
P.S.

Can you come up with a better Boomer Sooner ringtone and make it easy to find? :pop:

GottaHavePride
1/17/2008, 10:24 AM
and why are you still with Sprint?

Because I'm still sharing a plan with PG and my mom, and 9.95 per month for an extra line is better than $75 per month on AT&T or Verizon.

yermom
1/17/2008, 10:37 AM
fair enough :)

soonerbrat
1/17/2008, 10:57 AM
I dont think you know what you are talking about

i do know what i'm talking about. i had a Krazr and it was the worst phone I ever had. it had serious problems..it locked up, quit, dropped calls, did weird things when I tried to use text messaging...someone else i know loves their Krazr but they had at&t - supposedly the sprint software just doesn't mesh well

Mongo
1/17/2008, 11:00 AM
i do know what i'm talking about. i had a Krazr and it was the worst phone I ever had. it had serious problems..it locked up, quit, dropped calls, did weird things when I tried to use text messaging...someone else i know loves their Krazr but they had at&t - supposedly the sprint software just doesn't mesh well

i still dont believe you, I keed I keed

yeah, here recently I have noticed that I will hit a button and it will take a couple of seconds for it to do what I asked. but as far as service and dropping calls, I have never had a problem with it

M
1/17/2008, 11:13 AM
My contract with Sprint is almost up and I will probably switch to a different provider. Anyone have experience with Alltel?

soonerbrat
1/17/2008, 11:13 AM
i still dont believe you, I keed I keed

yeah, here recently I have noticed that I will hit a button and it will take a couple of seconds for it to do what I asked. but as far as service and dropping calls, I have never had a problem with it

that's how it started. it would lock up for a couple seconds, then it started locking up for several minutes and the battery would have to be removed to restart it...then when i tried to text message it would make nonsense characters instead of the letters. it got really annoying. luckily it started messing up before I had it 30 days and i was able to trade it in for something better

stoops the eternal pimp
1/17/2008, 11:14 AM
In McAlester you have two choices. There is a US Cellular and 5 ATT stores

Mongo
1/17/2008, 11:15 AM
I have Alltel work phone. It isnt bad as far as service goes(better than AT&T), though I couldnt tell you about the cost, the employer takes care of that

frankensooner
1/17/2008, 11:17 AM
Alltel has the best commericals, if that is important to you. My co-worker has it and really likes it.

soonerbrat
1/17/2008, 11:18 AM
yes, commercials are how I make all my big decisions

stoops the eternal pimp
1/17/2008, 11:24 AM
yes, commercials are how I make all my big decisions

and sitcoms

frankensooner
1/17/2008, 11:26 AM
I just usually do whatever the voices in my head tell me.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/17/2008, 11:49 AM
Why does Asia have better phones than we do? Hell (or Asshell ;) ) Europe has better phones... I don't get it.

M
1/17/2008, 11:51 AM
Why does Asia have better phones than we do? Hell (or Asshell ;) ) Europe has better phones... I don't get it.

Oh man I saw some of the most freakin' cool phones when I was in Korea. The phone I currently have is something they would have had 10 years ago.

Viking Kitten
1/17/2008, 12:04 PM
I got the Fisher Price My Very First PDA for Christmas and I really like it. I think Czar consulted Brat and she was the one who recommended it. We were not lead asstray.

BudSooner
1/17/2008, 12:26 PM
Assrsly?

soonerbrat
1/17/2008, 03:47 PM
I would never lead you asstray....i ended up getting the jr. pda too. my other pda decided it didn't like beer after all.

TMcGee86
1/17/2008, 05:13 PM
I have the Nextel i560.

The service is fair at best, and it drops calls all the time, but man, if it's a durable phone you want, it cannot be beat.

My wife has washed it in the washing machine, and dried it in the dryer, and it still works.

It's not much to look at, and it doesnt have a lot of bells and whistles, but it is tough.

GrapevineSooner
1/17/2008, 05:26 PM
As best as I can asscertain, some of you don't like Sprint.

GottaHavePride
3/1/2008, 10:17 PM
I got a new phone, finally.

http://on10.net/images/blogs/HTC_Touch_black_319.jpg

Sweet.

olevetonahill
3/1/2008, 10:20 PM
And if they get in the family way plan, PG too!
I ain gettin knocked up fera phone !:mad:

Whet
3/1/2008, 10:23 PM
Is that an eye fone?

GottaHavePride
3/1/2008, 10:28 PM
Nope. htc touch.

It's technology is actually newer than the iPhone, it just doesn't integrate on Sprint's network as well as the iPhone does to AT&T.

Whet
3/1/2008, 10:48 PM
kewl!

soonerboomer93
3/2/2008, 02:18 AM
Oh man I saw some of the most freakin' cool phones when I was in Korea. The phone I currently have is something they would have had 10 years ago.

you're kidding right?

my razr is still better then any of the phones i used or saw my friends using in korea except for maybe 2 of them

and as much as they text over there you think there phones would come with predictive text, but they didn't.

Mjcpr
3/2/2008, 02:20 AM
No, everything is better elsewhere.

OUbones
3/2/2008, 03:49 AM
Cell phones suck.