........:rolleyes:

85sooners
12/15/2007, 09:18 PM

mdklatt
12/15/2007, 10:36 PM
Take that, Bama! We're catching up....

sooneron
12/15/2007, 11:00 PM
Let's anoint ourselves the Media's champion. When is the ceremony?

Soonerus
12/15/2007, 11:04 PM
Are they talking about the game...well, the game we do not discuss ???

GottaHavePride
12/15/2007, 11:06 PM
Let's put the trophy in the Switzer Center...

http://www.ritchies.com/images/uploads/1081s752.1.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
12/16/2007, 03:42 AM
Well, I'm sure we'd have won it fair and square if we'd been paying our players and buying their parents houses...hell, if we woulda outbid SUC they'd have had no team to field!

soonerP_A_C
12/16/2007, 09:40 PM
Lost in all of this sarcasm is the fact that we got a lot of good national respect out of the Big XII championship game. Including Herbstreit and Corso. I know it may not mean much now, but a solid win in our bowl game puts us at preseason # 1 next year, and if next year is half as wacky as this year has been we may need some national respect. LSU got into the MNC on the basis of reputation alone... I think we could use some of that warm fuzzy stuff ourselves next year...

soonerboomer93
12/16/2007, 10:33 PM
i don't know if winning will put us preseason #1

no matter the outcome, we'll be some where in the top 5 and most likely in the top 3

i know tOSU and Florida are being considered for preseason #1 from what i've read

BoulderSooner79
12/16/2007, 10:54 PM
Well, I'm sure we'd have won it fair and square if we'd been paying our players and buying their parents houses...hell, if we woulda outbid SUC they'd have had no team to field!

I think we got a ton of respect this year already and I think it will carry into next year. I think the only 2 teams that got more cred than OU was USC and LSU; that was to be expected since everyone picked them 1/2. Writers will naturally be biased towards the teams they picked originally to make themselves look smart. :rolleyes: Right up until the TT loss, most talking heads I heard kept saying that OU was in the cat birds seat and would make the MNC game. Even after the TT loss, most experts were picking OU to win the CCG (except Corso).

arlington
12/17/2007, 05:23 AM
Ohio state wont be highly rated ANYTHING after they get clobbered again. Florida has tebow and little else..It will be USC, OU and UGA in next seasons preseason top 3

IronHorseSooner
12/17/2007, 09:21 AM
Ohio state wont be highly rated ANYTHING after they get clobbered again. Florida has tebow and little else..It will be USC, OU and UGA in next seasons preseason top 3

I agree. Florida needs to seriously shore up its defense, any Gators fan will tell you that. tOSU may have a mass exodus in the offseason, and the highest they'll be is about #5. I think UGA will be better than USC, from what I have seen, but the PAC-10 will be weak next year, compared to the Big XII and the SEC. In fact, the Big XII next year will likely be ther strongest in America.

SoonerStormchaser
12/17/2007, 09:32 AM
That's a HUGE if, considering no one expected the North to do anything this year. Mizzou and KU were surprises, while Nebbish did what all of us kinda hoped they would do so they could get rid of Callahan.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/17/2007, 09:45 AM
i don't know if winning will put us preseason #1

no matter the outcome, we'll be some where in the top 5 and most likely in the top 3

i know tOSU and Florida are being considered for preseason #1 from what i've read

I don't think a loss would prevent us from being a preseason top 5-6 team necessarily but I do think a win makes a difference.

Hypothetically. We get a solid win and say only Malcolm Kelly leaves early for the NFL. Under that scenario I think we should be the preseason #1. Even if we lost Kelly and say Duke Robinson we might be anyway.