PDA

View Full Version : Christmas shopping pet peeves

Curly Bill
12/15/2007, 08:00 PM
A fat couple walking side by side in the mall holding hands right in front of you and you can't get around them. What makes it worse is the way they waddle, effectively taking up even more room.

edit...I'm not PC cause I said fat :P

olevetonahill
12/15/2007, 08:03 PM
If every one still used Oil Lamps . we could Harpoon the Fatasses and get rich
Just sayin

Curly Bill
12/15/2007, 08:05 PM
If every one still used Oil Lamps . we could Harpoon the Fatasses and get rich
Just sayin

I say we figure out a way to turn fat into gasoline. We'd be set for another couple hundred years. :D

olevetonahill
12/15/2007, 08:07 PM
I say we figure out a way to turn fat into gasoline. We'd be set for another couple hundred years. :D
Wouldnt turning the Lardasses into diesel Be easier ?:confused:

Curly Bill
12/15/2007, 08:11 PM
Another peeve...crowded parking lots, spaces at a premium, yet some tards can't see fit to place their auto into one space...nah, they straddle the lines effectively taking up two spaces...and I'm not talking about the peeps with super nice cars trying to protect their doors from dings, I'm talking about people parking pieces of crap that just couldn't be bothered apparently with parking properly.

olevetonahill
12/15/2007, 08:13 PM
Did we have a Bad Day ?

Curly Bill
12/15/2007, 08:16 PM
Did we have a Bad Day ?

Westgate Mall in Amarillo was not the place to be today. :D Glad to be back at the casa.

Newbomb Turk
12/15/2007, 08:30 PM
I'm retarded in this (not the only) way but I don't mind the busy, crowded shopping time. I like Christmas.

olevetonahill
12/15/2007, 08:32 PM
I'm retarded in this (not the only) way but I don't mind the busy, crowded shopping time. I like Christmas.

1St 2 words said it all :P

sanantoniosooner
12/15/2007, 08:33 PM
People who don't put carts up.
People who just stop walking for no apparent reason right in front of you.
People who choose to have light conversation where they can block pathways effectively.
People who decide they don't want that milk and leave it on whatever aisle they happen to be on.

Curly Bill
12/15/2007, 08:35 PM

I like it too...cept for all the people. :P

Curly Bill
12/15/2007, 08:37 PM
People who don't put carts up.
People who just stop walking for no apparent reason right in front of you.
People who choose to have light conversation where they can block pathways effectively.
People who decide they don't want that milk and leave it on whatever aisle they happen to be on.

Your #2 I can go with wholeheartedly. I've been know to pretty much smack right into them, or utter a few choice words their way. :eek:

Curly Bill
12/15/2007, 08:40 PM
Here's another: Mom & Dad bringing every kid they have with them to shop and then letting the little buzzards run around all over the place, and the little shats sure ain't watching where they're going.

sanantoniosooner
12/15/2007, 08:40 PM
Pretty much anything that identifies people as selfish or lazy SOBs will make my list.

I get sick of people that are willing to inconvenience everyone else simply to make their life easier.

Curly Bill
12/15/2007, 08:48 PM
This was cool today: Police were directing traffic at the mall when up ahead of me one of them damn near puts both fists through the hood of one car that tried to turn in the wrong spot. Drive by the car in question...yep, she was on the phone. :mad:

... even after the cop damn near punched holes in her hood, and I'm sure yelled at her too, she didn't bother getting off the phone. :mad:

FirstandGoal
12/15/2007, 09:01 PM
Christmas shopping this year really wasn't so bad. I got to the mall this morning and evidently everyone else thought all of the snow was going to stick because it didn't start getting crowded till about noon.

Reading this thread, I realize that its the other 11 months of the year that other shoppers most annoy me.
Most especially:
1. People who take eleventy-billion children out shopping with them and then take up an entire aisle with their oversized, double occupany strollers with the toddlers that should be in them running amok.
2. Large groups of people (usually teenagers) who feel as if they all need to walk slowly together in a pack all spread out.

Luckily, I didn't happen across any of these types of groups today.

Curly Bill
12/15/2007, 09:05 PM
Another peeve: not enough registers open, so.....the check out lines are super long.

Kudos to Academy Sports in Amarillo, cause they were getting peeps out of there in a hurry.

OUinFLA
12/15/2007, 09:55 PM
15 or 16 items in the "10 item" check out line.
11 or 12 I can handle...............15 is retarded.

Whet
12/15/2007, 11:19 PM
Or, the twits that park their shopping cart in the middle of the aisle, while they wander up and down the aisle, oblivious to anyone else.

I like to use my cart as a battering ram and knock the crap out of their cart, after which, I mumble "Squze me" and snickering to myself as I continue down the aisle...

Curly Bill
12/15/2007, 11:20 PM
Or, the twits that park their shopping cart in the middle of the aisle, while they wander up and down the aisle, oblivious to anyone else.

I like to use my cart as a battering ram and knock the crap out of their cart, after which, I mumble "Squze me" and snickering to myself as I continue down the aisle...

Sweet! High-five on that. :D

olevetonahill
12/15/2007, 11:25 PM
I take the Cart an smack the Fat bitch in theazz, Ya know the one what stops and bends over in front of you ?:pop:

Curly Bill
12/15/2007, 11:26 PM
I take the Cart an smack the Fat bitch in theazz, Ya know the one what stops and bends over in front of you ?:pop:

Yep, there's a couple of 'em in every store.

FirstandGoal
12/15/2007, 11:28 PM

I was in Super Target today and some inconsiderate chick parks her cart lengthwise in the middle of an aisle while she is halfway down on the other end of it looking at something. I had some sushi in my cart so I put it in hers. It was worth having to go back to the deli and get it again and I hope she didn't realize she had it until she got home. :D

Curly Bill
12/15/2007, 11:31 PM
I was in Super Target today and some inconsiderate chick parks her cart lengthwise in the middle of an aisle while she is halfway down on the other end of it looking at something. I had some sushi in my cart so I put it in hers. It was worth having to go back to the deli and get it again and I hope she didn't realize she had it until she got home. :D

That's funny. :D

OUinFLA
12/15/2007, 11:53 PM

I like to push their cart to another aisle.

works better if I dont have a cart of my own.

olevetonahill
12/15/2007, 11:56 PM

She prolly thot it was just her Natural Odor , Just sayin

Whet
12/16/2007, 12:03 AM
Gotta make shoping fun, or at least, entertaining...

FirstandGoal
12/16/2007, 12:04 AM
She prolly thot it was just her Natural Odor , Just sayin

:D :D :D

Curly Bill
12/16/2007, 12:06 AM
Gotta make shoping fun, or at least, entertaining...

Wish I could. All I see it as is a chore. :(

...but now that some of you have given me new and mean ideas. ;)

SoonerGirl06
12/16/2007, 12:13 AM
I like it too...cept for all the people. :P

Online Shopping.

YWIA

SoonerGirl06
12/16/2007, 12:16 AM

I like your style!

Curly Bill
12/16/2007, 12:19 AM
Online Shopping.

YWIA

I did some of that, but not enough, so I had to try and finish up in a real genuine store...alas, I still didn't get finished...but I'm close!

SoonerGirl06
12/16/2007, 12:28 AM
I've got just a few things left to get.

I'm not going to let the holiday hustle and bustle get in the way of keeping a Christmas spirit.

FirstandGoal
12/16/2007, 12:30 AM
Still trying to find something for my dad & stepmom and then I am done.

Which is why I am shopping on-line. I am trying to get ideas.

SoonerGirl06
12/16/2007, 12:31 AM
Buy them a fish and some wood. They'll love you for it.

FirstandGoal
12/16/2007, 12:33 AM
Buy them a fish and some wood. They'll love you for it.

:D :D :D

Whet
12/16/2007, 12:57 AM
how about:

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/images/MLTrainingCourse-Main.jpg

or

http://www.seenontv.com/prod-pages/images1/st_watch1.jpg

or,

http://www.seenontv.com/prod-pages/images1/theclapper_thumb.jpg

MamaMia
12/16/2007, 01:00 AM

Chocolate.

Frozen Sooner
12/16/2007, 04:23 AM

Secks toys. That one's ALWAYS good for a laugh around the tree.

Particularly if you say "Ah, crap, I meant to give that to MOM and stepDAD."

47straight
12/16/2007, 11:40 AM

Wait, someone acted up at Super Target? I thought only considerate, high-class people went to Target and those other people went to Wal-Mart.

VeeJay
12/16/2007, 07:49 PM
I'm in Walgreens yesterday, buying some Christmas cards. The cashier ringing them up at $3.49, $3.99, whatever, says "cards sure have gotten expensive."

I just want to pay up and get the hell out. Well, the lady behind me in line has to pipe up "That's why I go to Dollar Tree. Ya getta box fer a dollar."

I couldn't resist: "Lady, since it's your business, I'm buying cards for my Mom and Dad, my sister and her family, and my grandmother. If I wanted 60 crappy cards that all looked just alike I'd go to Dollar Tree."

Why can't people mind their own damned business at Christmas?

royalfan5
12/16/2007, 08:33 PM
One of the best things about not having family Christmases until the 29th and 30th is that I don't have to deal with this ****.

OCUDad
12/16/2007, 09:11 PM
I'm in Walgreens yesterday, buying some Christmas cards. The cashier ringing them up at $3.49, $3.99, whatever, says "cards sure have gotten expensive."

I just want to pay up and get the hell out. Well, the lady behind me in line has to pipe up "That's why I go to Dollar Tree. Ya getta box fer a dollar."

I couldn't resist: "Lady, since it's your business, I'm buying cards for my Mom and Dad, my sister and her family, and my grandmother. If I wanted 60 crappy cards that all looked just alike I'd go to Dollar Tree."

Why can't people mind their own damned business at Christmas?Am I the only one who sees the irony in this post? :D:D

r5TPsooner
12/16/2007, 09:34 PM
People that see someone they know at a particular store and find it necessary to have there "reunion" in the middle of an isle where no one can get around them. Then, when you say excuse me or try to get around them, they act as if you just robbed them or something.

Soonrboy
12/16/2007, 09:39 PM
A fat couple walking side by side in the mall holding hands right in front of you and you can't get around them. What makes it worse is the way they waddle, effectively taking up even more room.

edit...I'm not PC cause I said fat :P

we did it on purpose, we didn't like your attitude toward us. :D

ChickSoonerFan
12/16/2007, 09:40 PM
Another peeve...crowded parking lots, spaces at a premium, yet some tards can't see fit to place their auto into one space...nah, they straddle the lines effectively taking up two spaces...and I'm not talking about the peeps with super nice cars trying to protect their doors from dings, I'm talking about people parking pieces of crap that just couldn't be bothered apparently with parking properly.

Saw this today. Definitely a pet peeve. I don't mind much about the shopping, just have to deal with the crowds, but this bugs me.

Whet
12/16/2007, 10:39 PM
The correct pronunciation is: Tar' gea (like hey,with a g)