PDA

View Full Version : Guess who gets to serve food to the entire team???

Snrborn
12/15/2007, 06:33 PM
That's right. ME!!!!! Every year the Fiesta Bowl asks if we(I work for SONIC of PHX) would like to provide food, and serve the teams. Well, Looks like they will be eating some grilled chicken sandwiches, and popcorn chicken on the 28th or 29th.

Personally I will be dissapointed if anyone besides the linemen start chowing down on the popcorn chicken, but whatever fuels their fire is fine with me.

Do you think it would be tacky to bring something to get autographed? It would be for my son. I'm definitely taking my camera!!

Soonerus
12/15/2007, 06:35 PM
Pretty cool...you have any ideas for RV parking near the stadium for few days before the game ???

Snrborn
12/15/2007, 06:36 PM
My Driveway????

Soonerus
12/15/2007, 06:40 PM
My Driveway????

Your neighbors might revolt...plus every couple of days I need a place to use facilities to replenish water suppies and lose the waters in the tanks...most every RV park has those facities that you can just drive through and use...

Snrborn
12/15/2007, 06:47 PM
Don't they have RV hookups at the Stadium. I have a VERY good connection there.

Do you want to park it where there is a connection, or just have a place to park, and swing by an RV park every-so-often?

Soonerus
12/15/2007, 06:51 PM
My online information is no hook-ups at the stadium and you cannot overnite at the rstadium...any additional inforemation from your source would be helpful...your latter scenerio is what I am assuming I will need to do...btw, yesterday was a very big day for a Oklahoma Country music star....details later...

Snrborn
12/15/2007, 06:56 PM
I need the details...

I'll look into if there are any scenarios where you can overnight at the stadium. If nothing else, I know you can get by for a day or two in front of my house, my neighbors won't complain. The HOA might ask me to get rid of ya, but I bet they wait a day or two. Probably be more lienient around the Holidays, too. I've seen tons of RV's in town for the NASCAR races, and that is just 10 miles from my house - and they gotta park somewhere.

Soonerus
12/15/2007, 07:00 PM
If you could help me with the local intelligence report on these issues it would be greatly appreaciated...hard to get this type of information long distance....

Snrborn
12/15/2007, 07:07 PM
I will do what I can. I know there are some RV parks in the area, but not sure if they are a very desirable place to stay. I'm sure I can find somewhere that won't cost any $$$.

Soonerus
12/15/2007, 07:08 PM
I will do what I can. I know there are some RV parks in the area, but not sure if they are a very desirable place to stay. I'm sure I can find somewhere that won't cost any $$$.

Check your PM...in about a minute...

proudsoonergal
12/15/2007, 09:42 PM
So......serving food, huh?

:pop:

Snrborn
12/15/2007, 09:51 PM
Yup.....fast food......

soonerinabilene
12/15/2007, 09:57 PM
No offense to you and your job, but you would think if they can pay a conference 14 million dollars to get a team into a bcs bowl game, they could spring for something a little more "unfast" to feed the teams.

Snrborn
12/15/2007, 10:06 PM
I kinda thought the same thing. We don't even cater, but they asked and we said yes. We don't get paid for it, maybe that's the catch. We DONATE the food and our time.

swardboy
12/15/2007, 10:53 PM
Be sure and wash your hands...wash EVERYBODY'S HANDS, don't want our Sooners coming down with some food malady before the game!

:D

Snrborn
12/15/2007, 11:01 PM
Be sure and wash your hands...wash EVERYBODY'S HANDS, don't want our Sooners coming down with some food malady before the game!

:D

That would suck. Although we serve the mountaineers, as well - insert evil laugh here......

Soonerus
12/15/2007, 11:03 PM
That would suck. Although we serve the mountaineers, as well - insert evil laugh here......

If you need help , I'll have some helpers in tow....

sooner n houston
12/15/2007, 11:08 PM
SNRBORN, I'm sure the players and coaches would not mind signing autographs for you. They are really nice about it. Good luck!

Snrborn
12/15/2007, 11:19 PM
I just need to decide WHAT I want to get autographed.

Snrborn
12/15/2007, 11:21 PM
If you need help , I'll have some helpers in tow....

If I'm allowed to bring in outside help, I will make sure to let you know.....I'm sure my fellow burger jockey/soda jerks will get first crack, but who knows how many will actually want to help....

Stitch Face
12/15/2007, 11:26 PM
The popcorn chicken at Sonic does suck, doesn't it?

Snrborn
12/15/2007, 11:45 PM
Personally I Like all of the chicken that Sonic sells....but I'm a company man....

Stitch Face
12/16/2007, 12:11 AM
Oh, I thought you were dissing it. And, by extension, I suppose, the linemen.

The popcorn chicken always seems dry, and it leaves a waxy coating in the mouth.

Soonerus
12/16/2007, 12:25 AM
My kids love the Sonic chicken...

MamaMia
12/16/2007, 01:06 AM
That would suck. Although we serve the mountaineers, as well - insert evil laugh here......Yes, we are counting on you to make sure NOBODY with even so much as a sniffle gets near our Sooners. :)

Snrborn
12/16/2007, 01:16 AM
Yes, we are counting on you to make sure NOBODY with even so much as a sniffle gets near our Sooners. :)

The pressure is gonna kill me!!!!!

Snrborn
12/16/2007, 01:18 AM
Oh, I thought you were dissing it. And, by extension, I suppose, the linemen.

The popcorn chicken always seems dry, and it leaves a waxy coating in the mouth.

No, I was just saying that I would be dissapointed, because it isn't exactly healthy. Not sure why it would taste dry, but the waxy coating is thanks to the "new" No trans Fat Shortening. At least thats my opinion.

OzarkSooner
12/16/2007, 01:44 AM
Well...I eat the popcorn chicken from time to time and I must say that for a BURGER PLACE it's not that bad. It beats the pants off that mystery meat that McDoodles sells nowadays. Usually though when I order the popcorn chicken it is because I've had a burger in the past 24 hours and don't want another one AND I must have a Sonic fountain drink! (Dr. Pepper please, easy ice.)

soonerboy_odanorth
12/16/2007, 01:48 AM
That's right. ME!!!!! Every year the Fiesta Bowl asks if we(I work for SONIC of PHX) would like to provide food, and serve the teams. Well, Looks like they will be eating some grilled chicken sandwiches, and popcorn chicken on the 28th or 29th.

Personally I will be dissapointed if anyone besides the linemen start chowing down on the popcorn chicken, but whatever fuels their fire is fine with me.

Do you think it would be tacky to bring something to get autographed? It would be for my son. I'm definitely taking my camera!!

You fool.

You have the chance to serve the teams and you pick OU? Moron.

You passed up a chance to really help our boys with a whole buncha no hand washin-sneezin' an' peein' in the general vacinity of Rodriguez and company?

What the hell is WRONG with you? Do I gotta think of all this stuff myself?

Dammit.

;)

Crucifax Autumn
12/16/2007, 02:38 AM
Just don't give 'em any of your chili cheese dogs or those greesy assed cheese tots...Our guys would be spurting like Paterno the entire game.

Stitch Face
12/16/2007, 11:25 AM
Just don't give 'em any of your chili cheese dogs or those greesy assed cheese tots

Now your getting to the stuff at Sonic I really do like. Well, with plain tots, at least.

Flagstaffsooner
12/16/2007, 11:46 AM
PSA
DO NOT GET BETWEEN LOADHOLT AND HIS TOTS!

Snrborn
12/16/2007, 06:45 PM
PSA
DO NOT GET BETWEEN LOADHOLT AND HIS TOTS!

Appreciated....

SoonerShark
12/16/2007, 07:05 PM
...btw, yesterday was a very big day for a Oklahoma Country music star....details later...

Carrie Underwood opening for Keith Urban tickets went on sale in Kansas City?

Boomerfreakinsooner
12/16/2007, 09:09 PM
You should probably go ahead and set out the chicken your are serving to the Mountaineers - you know, so it has most of a month to fully thaw.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/16/2007, 09:13 PM
Supersonic breakfast burritos = YUMMY.

Jimminy Crimson
12/17/2007, 12:57 AM
The popcorn chicken always seems dry...

You obviously don't use enough bbq sauce! :D

Crucifax Autumn
12/17/2007, 01:07 AM
My only real problem with Sonic is their current ad campaign that suggests I should go eat there because some guy's sidekick is a moron. I'm always bothered by commercials that think being a total retard is entertaining.

virginiasooner
12/17/2007, 10:48 AM
Just be THANKFUL you have easy access to a Sonic. The closest Sonic to me is in Fredericksburg, which means that the only time I can have Sonic is when I'm on the way to the in-laws (who are very nice people, btw).

sooner518
12/17/2007, 11:23 AM
Dear Sonic,

More Denver locations please. (although your current representation in Denver is much better than when I lived in Chicago and the closest Sonic was Champaign, IL. Just one more reason why I hate Chicago)

Thanks

sooner518

fossil
12/17/2007, 11:50 AM

Better find a front loader and a dump truck. These big hosses will put a ton of food away.

AverageJoe
12/17/2007, 08:26 PM

Use your Sonic Safe (Serve Safe) rules there Sonic man.

AJ

AverageJoe
12/17/2007, 08:29 PM
Dear Sonic,

More Denver locations please. (although your current representation in Denver is much better than when I lived in Chicago and the closest Sonic was Champaign, IL. Just one more reason why I hate Chicago)

Thanks

sooner518

Trying, freaking land and construction costs are REALLY HIGH!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention those water tap fee's

AJ

AverageJoe
12/17/2007, 08:32 PM
Well...I eat the popcorn chicken from time to time and I must say that for a BURGER PLACE it's not that bad. It beats the pants off that mystery meat that McDoodles sells nowadays. Usually though when I order the popcorn chicken it is because I've had a burger in the past 24 hours and don't want another one AND I must have a Sonic fountain drink! (Dr. Pepper please, easy ice.)

Hey Ozark, get off this board or I will tell TK on you.....:D

Have you tried the Super Sonic Breakfast Toaster Sandwhich?

Heart Attack on a bun.

Bacon and Sausage, two layers of eggs and two layers of Pepper Jack or Chedder Cheese on Texas Toast

My colon hurts just thinking about it.

AJ

texas bandman
12/17/2007, 08:52 PM
Dear Sonic,
Why did you change the "Happy Hour" times? Those of us that teach school until 4:00 p.m. can't enjoy what has been in my family a long standing tradition of Sonic after school. Now we never go to Sonic, because Texas Bandlady is a real cheapskate. :) And the thing is, when we went to Happy Hour we would always have to buy some mozzarella sticks and onion rings to go with the drinks. I guess it's Sonic's loss, but I really miss our afternoon trips to Sonic.

EstablishedSooner1967
12/17/2007, 09:31 PM
Sonic will not be all they eat... I am sure Sonic being an OK company and advertisement.. The team usually get feed very good.. steaks things like that sonic may be a fun night.

OzarkSooner
12/17/2007, 09:37 PM
Hey Ozark, get off this board or I will tell TK on you.....:D

Have you tried the Super Sonic Breakfast Toaster Sandwhich?

Heart Attack on a bun.

Bacon and Sausage, two layers of eggs and two layers of Pepper Jack or Chedder Cheese on Texas Toast

My colon hurts just thinking about it.

AJ

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! He thinks the other board is the only one. :D

Ooooooh, that sammich sounds GEWD!!

Later AJ...

:twinkies:

Stitch Face
12/17/2007, 09:44 PM
Supersonic breakfast burritos = YUMMY.

True. But the Sonic salsa...not so much.

SoonerShark
12/17/2007, 10:22 PM
Those of us who live in towns with only Sonic and one other café are repelled by the thought of eating at Sonic unless we are nearly starving. Luckily for the local Sonic, I am often in the starving mode, though I hate myself for succumbing. Out of town, I am compulsively drawn to Taco Bells and KFCs although Santa Fe Steakhouse is my favorite since you can get broccoli and sweet potatoes, which are actually good for you, with a steak for only $8.99.

Snrborn
12/19/2007, 01:32 PM
Dear Sonic,
Why did you change the "Happy Hour" times? Those of us that teach school until 4:00 p.m. can't enjoy what has been in my family a long standing tradition of Sonic after school. Now we never go to Sonic, because Texas Bandlady is a real cheapskate. :) And the thing is, when we went to Happy Hour we would always have to buy some mozzarella sticks and onion rings to go with the drinks. I guess it's Sonic's loss, but I really miss our afternoon trips to Sonic.

They changed the times, because corporate(Sonic) decided to have a national Happy Hour. This mandated that ALL Sonics have happy hour from 2-4. Previously, it was a market by market decision, if not store by store. For example in PHX half the stores had a happy hour, half did not. That's why you see Happy Hour on national Advertisements for the first time....

MextheBulldog
12/19/2007, 05:10 PM
Those of us who live in towns with only Sonic and one other café are repelled by the thought of eating at Sonic unless we are nearly starving. Luckily for the local Sonic, I am often in the starving mode, though I hate myself for succumbing. Out of town, I am compulsively drawn to Taco Bells and KFCs although Santa Fe Steakhouse is my favorite since you can get broccoli and sweet potatoes, which are actually good for you, with a steak for only $8.99.

Meh, I too suffer from 'too much Sonic disorder'...must..take...breaks from time to time. My issue is living in a large metropolitan with too many accessible Sonic points.