PDA

View Full Version : I think this is an impossible request, but here goes

MamaMia
12/15/2007, 04:24 PM
I have a special person on my gift list who has always wanted one of those old OU stadium seats. I did see one for sale in Norman last September in one of those shops but I cant for the life of me remember where. Have any of you seen one for sale lately? :)

Snrborn
12/15/2007, 04:37 PM
I know that I saw one at one of the Ou Stores on Campus Corner after the Miami game. Either Balfours, the Apothem, or OU Authentic. I also remember that they were ridiculously high priced. Good luck!!

MamaMia
12/15/2007, 04:49 PM
I know that I saw one at one of the Ou Stores on Campus Corner after the Miami game. Either Balfours, the Apothem, or OU Authentic. I also remember that they were ridiculously high priced. Good luck!!Thanks. I'll start there. I may not even be able to afford one, but we'll see. :)

Snrborn
12/15/2007, 04:54 PM
I also remember several years ago during the renovation of the stadium, someone posted that they were driving past the stadium and found a huge trash pile of the bleachers. Asked if anyone wanted some of them. Many, many people posted that they wanted some. A week or two later we rec'd emails to buy them (again for a hefty price). I thought the guy wanted to give them away. They were done up real nice though.

I'm sure someone that still lives in Norman can help you better than I can.

GottaHavePride
12/15/2007, 06:30 PM
But can you stand on them?

GottaHavePride
12/15/2007, 06:42 PM
Seriously, though, wasn't that Andy doing that?

OUinFLA
12/15/2007, 06:43 PM
Ahh, Mama, how sweet of you.
I didn't think you got my hint that I wanted that for Christmas.
:)
I hope you find one.

soonersweetie
12/15/2007, 08:43 PM
I believe it was OU Authentic I saw it in

proud gonzo
12/15/2007, 09:58 PM
Seriously, though, wasn't that Andy doing that?I don't remember the "finding them while driving past" part.

GottaHavePride
12/15/2007, 10:05 PM
This was before OUAuthentic got their hands on the benches. In fact, OUAuthentic did not exist at the time, if I recall correctly. I think it was Andy (or someone) that just hauled a crapload of old benches off from the stadium and started turning them into stools and crap. They posted a couple of times sayin "hey, if you guys would be interested we could make you one of these, too.

This gave rise to the inevitable string of questions:

"How sturdy are they?"
"Can you stand on them?"
"Can you have sex on them?"
and so on.

I think Beano even made him a stadium benches avatar, that was a silhouette of a guy standing on a bench.

Harry Beanbag
12/16/2007, 11:00 AM
It was SeattleOUStudent or something like that, not Andy.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/16/2007, 11:07 AM
It was SeattleOUStudent or something like that, not Andy.That's who sold me mine. He had the benches.

King Crimson
12/16/2007, 11:33 AM
It was SeattleOUStudent or something like that, not Andy.

that's what i thought. Seattle was def in the handle.

GottaHavePride
12/16/2007, 03:18 PM
That's right. Andy's that bastard that never says hi. ;)

1stTimeCaller
12/16/2007, 03:51 PM
I gave a guy an entire trailerload of full length benches from the North endzone. They had metal 'legs' that were bolted into the concrete. The legs are still on there making them easier to make into benches than the rest of the bleachers from the stadium.

I'll see if he still has them and I'll try to make something happen for ya Mom.