PDA

View Full Version : OKC Radio personalities

SOONER STEAKER
12/15/2007, 11:34 AM
My favorite part of the day is listening to Bob Barry Jr. in the morning. He has a good knowledge of the sports world and I have yet to hear him degrade a caller.

Mark Rogers, stick with your fotball magazine and your below average sport cast on Ch. 5.

On the other hand, the worst part of the day is Jim Traber. This guy is a know-it-all/put it in your face guy who thinks he is never wrong. Jim knows his basebal though. Jim does have some good guests but on friday's he has this FAT JACK bookie dude. I for one really dislike this guy but I guess WWLS really needs the advetising $$ so they stoop to get the FAT JACK'S money and all FAT JACK wants is your money.

Al Eshbach, well, Al is Al. I can live with him. I love listenig to "STUMP THE CHUMP" A thinks he is the GOD of talk radio. He should take some lessons on how to treat people though. Arrogant is a good word to discribe this guy.

Dean Blevins JOX Radio. There is a 90% chance that this guy is a tool, better yet, 100% he's a tool.

What's your take on the OKC radio personalities?

Lott's Bandana
12/15/2007, 11:50 AM
I like KREF.

WKY when Thulin is on.

Al can be very funny, when he is giving Mildren or Traber **** about something unrelated to sports.

bluedogok
12/15/2007, 12:03 PM
I listen to Boston sports radio most of the time, the WWLS crew just wears me out and their online player works about half the time. Al is just worthless most of the time.

Petro-Sooner
12/15/2007, 12:07 PM
I like BBJ and Mark Rogers. Humpherys and Mildren and take a hike as far as I'm concerned. As far as those guys that answer the phones? Please stick to doing that and dont chime in. Rusty was the worst on the animal. Glad hes gone.

Partial Qualifier
12/15/2007, 12:26 PM
Toby Rowland in the morning, Myron Patton during NBA season, and Berry Trammel schooling Al and Traber on the drive home. Not that I like Trammel a whole lot, he's alright, but he compliments Al and Traber by keeping them focused on sports.

Blevins can take longer than anyone to say nothing at all. But he's a step above Mark Rodgers, who would be digging ditches if it werent for his high school football coverage, he's completely ridiculous and a terrible talk show host... if you can explain something he doesn't understand, or if you have a different opinion, expect to get hung up on and then sniped afterwards. He's got a 3rd grader's mentality and that's about how mature he is, too. Some of his opinions make me think he's been paying attention to sports no longer than 2 or 3 years

T.J. Parry on kref ...he's pretty good.

SeattleOUstudent
12/15/2007, 12:36 PM
I prefer the Ticket :)

WHERE IS GREGGO??????

Kels
12/15/2007, 12:53 PM
Berry Trammel schooling Al and Traber on the drive home. Not that I like Trammel a whole lot, he's alright, but he compliments Al and Traber by keeping them focused on sports.

I've noticed that too. They used to bag on Berry in not-so-subtle ways when he was on the Ref. Now, they defer to him during the Total Dominance Hour. Berry (whom I disagree with alot, BTW) doesn't take any mess from them. He will come on and disagree with whatever Al and Jim were talking about beforehand, and then they both start backpeddaling. It's pretty funny. You can tell that Berry gives a rip about kissing up to anyone.

King Crimson
12/15/2007, 01:03 PM
i've never been a fan of Tramel's writing, but the times i listened to his show on KREF i thought it was much better than i would have expected. i like Myron Patton's show.

i listen to the Animal every once in a while for kicks on Fridays before a football game since i'm in Colorado. i don't really take it that seriously, but it's home.

really, i quit sports talk radio about 2 years ago and haven't looked back. don't miss it all.

SOONER STEAKER
12/15/2007, 01:14 PM
Toby Rowlad is some good listening just because he's not a OU/OSU homer. He tells it like it is. I like the Hump man when it comes to golf, he's a breath of fresh air, well versed and communicates welll.

Robert Allen though, nothing but an orange stroker. I really loved it when his son hiked the ball over the punter's head agsinst Troy. Kinda set the stage for the orange power meltdown.

Petro-Sooner
12/15/2007, 01:18 PM
Blevins can take longer than anyone to say nothing at all.

I got a half chuckle out of that.