PDA

View Full Version : Movie Day

OUAndy1807
12/15/2007, 09:15 AM
What new movies should I be checking out today?

soonerinabilene
12/15/2007, 11:22 AM
Im thinking im gonna try i am legend this weekend. It looks awesome.

OUAndy1807
12/15/2007, 12:04 PM
I don't think that movie is up on torrents yet, but if you go see I Am Legend on Imax, you're treated to a 6 minute preview of the new batman.

I watched 30 days of night last night and it was awesome. I've downloaded There Will Be Blood, Into the Wild, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, and a couple of others.

soonerinabilene
12/15/2007, 12:14 PM
oooh, torrents. In that case, check and see if you can find the assassination of jesse james. i dont think axxo ever got it, but a few of the other big names out there have.

TopDaugIn2000
12/15/2007, 08:46 PM
I saw I am Legend today. it was awesome, but I jumped outta my skin a few times.

I couldn't get over the number of kids watching that movie. wow.

76soonergrad
12/15/2007, 09:05 PM
My daughter is seeing it tonight. How old is too young?

TopDaugIn2000
12/15/2007, 11:20 PM
there were kids (less than 12) in the theater. to me, that's too young. I'd say they need to be at LEAST 16.

76soonergrad
12/16/2007, 11:51 AM
Oh. I saw the rating, & let her go. I had seen the "previews" on TV. Pretty misleading...

She is 14.

**spoiler**

She came home, said it scared her. She was with a bunch of friends. I guess they bond over being scared out of their wits.

**spoiler**

Apparently,
Someone develops a cure for cancer, but it's a virus that makes you a vampire? They come out at night.

I saw the commercials and never had a clue. My daughter was okay with it.

Shneeg11
12/16/2007, 03:18 PM
Haha, I'm 20, and I am Legend made me jump a few times, it's not scary, just really jumpy! My review, good movie....seems like at the end, they were over budget and just stopped filming so they had to work in an ending. All in all, It's good tho

Lott's Bandana
12/16/2007, 03:55 PM
I Am Legend = The Stand = Omega Man

You have to swallow your believability gene (often) and just watch.

2.5 outta 5

There were 2 year-olds in my showing. Are there no longer babysitters in our world?

Oh, and what's with Emma Thompson having such a tiny, tiny role? Weerd. (I likes her)

Frozen Sooner
12/16/2007, 03:58 PM
Don't know about The Stand, but the Omega Man was adapted from the same source material.

I thought Will Smith did a great job and the shots of an empty New York were cool. I was unhappy with the change to the ending from the book, though I can see why they did it.

The CGI baddies didn't bother me nearly as much as they did others.

silverwheels
12/16/2007, 04:03 PM
I Am Legend was average.

OklaPony
12/16/2007, 04:04 PM
I tried to go see I Am Legend last night at Cine Capri in Bricktown but it was sold out, so we went to see No Country For Old Men instead. It was intriguing and rather bizarre. Kind of like Three Burials Of Malquiades Estrada... similar setting (Hell, TX), some dark comedy moments, plenty of suspense, but overall much more watchable.

silverwheels
12/16/2007, 04:10 PM
I tried to go see I Am Legend last night at Cine Capri in Bricktown but it was sold out, so we went to see No Country For Old Men instead. It was intriguing and rather bizarre. Kind of like Three Burials Of Malquiades Estrada... similar setting (Hell, TX), some dark comedy moments, plenty of suspense, but overall much more watchable.

No Country for Old Men is way better than I Am Legend. You actually got lucky.

Lott's Bandana
12/16/2007, 04:22 PM
Don't know about The Stand, but the Omega Man was adapted from the same source material.

I thought Will Smith did a great job...

...and the shots of an empty New York were cool.

He did a lot of solo work, that's for sure.

Those shots were done well...kinda like Pearl Harbor...hated the flick, but loved the battle scenes.

Can't remember a flick lately with so much product placement. Ford got some serious attention, as did Apple.

Frozen Sooner
12/16/2007, 04:24 PM
DC Comics, too. Which is owned by Time/Warner, so no surprise there.

The Superman/Batman movie poster looked cool.

OUAndy1807
12/16/2007, 06:19 PM
how long until the 6 minute batman trailer makes it to the net?

silverwheels
12/16/2007, 06:31 PM

Search for "King Kamali" on YouTube. It should be the first result. If it's not, look for the video that says "King Kamali at the Montreal Pro". The quality is not great, but it's watchable.

Lott's Bandana
12/16/2007, 06:37 PM

On yeah, why the Starry Starry Night vanGogh prints in every room?

Lott's Bandana
12/16/2007, 06:44 PM

Frozen Sooner
12/16/2007, 07:10 PM

Just one. He was protecting original works of art. Whistler's Mother was hanging in the stairwell.

Lott's Bandana
12/16/2007, 07:20 PM
Ok, makes sense, but I thought SSN was over the TV and the fireplace and on one of the upstairs walls...

Makes you wonder...

If you had NYC all to yourself, what would you grab?

Frozen Sooner
12/16/2007, 07:22 PM
Trump's hairpiece.

It's possible that the picture was hanging in two places-could have been a continuity error.

TopDaugIn2000
12/16/2007, 08:02 PM
I tried to go see I Am Legend last night at Cine Capri in Bricktown but it was sold out...

that's where I watched it.

and there were babies everywhere, and even a TEEENY baby right in front of us. I'm with the others, what the hell happened to baby sitters????

soonerinabilene
12/17/2007, 10:49 AM
Ok, makes sense, but I thought SSN was over the TV and the fireplace and on one of the upstairs walls...

Makes you wonder...

If you had NYC all to yourself, what would you grab?

The one on the upstair walls was a different van gogh piece. I noticed that as well. I thought it was funny that he had priceless art hanging in his house. And the ford placement wasnt nearly as obvious as chevrolet was in transformers.

Overall, i thought it was a good flick. I thought Will Smith did an excellent job acting, and wouldnt be surprised if he got a nomination for it. I wish they would have gone into a little more detail as to how the cancer cure suddenly turned in to the kv virus.

Lott's Bandana
12/18/2007, 10:53 PM

GottaHavePride
12/18/2007, 11:48 PM
My suggestion:

Wait for Friday. Go see Sweeney Todd.

goingoneight
12/19/2007, 12:35 AM
I thought you meant "checking out" as in Blockbuster-kinda "checking out."

chriscappel
12/19/2007, 12:41 AM
I Am Legend = WORST MOVIE EVER!!!

http://www.thesimpsonsquotes.com/images/comicguypoint.gif

soonerinabilene
12/19/2007, 12:54 AM
I guess i thought it was good because i havent read the book. I dont know how its supposed to end, and I havent seen Omega Man or the other movie that was based on it.

And the worst movie ever belongs to one guy, and one guy only.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w31/katapult_2007/850.jpg

OUstudent4life
12/20/2007, 02:48 PM

Not the 6 minute...but here:

http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm

edit:

well, that's what I get for having too limited a search :D.

gah.