PDA

View Full Version : Rich Rodriguez to Michigan?

douxpaysan
12/14/2007, 03:22 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yo...ic.php?t=318643
:pop:

badger
12/14/2007, 03:25 PM
page error

douxpaysan
12/14/2007, 03:27 PM
dang....worked earlier....hang on:mad:

douxpaysan
12/14/2007, 03:31 PM
melting down on wv board http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=159#s=159&f=2508&t=1653015

soonerinabilene
12/14/2007, 03:33 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=318643

A sporting news exclusive huh? From one radio analyst? I think its gotten to the point where someone could say that Wade Phillips flew to Detroit this past weekend for the game against the Lions, and we all know that Detroit is in Michigan, so therefore one could jump to the conclusion that he was really there to interview for the job.

douxpaysan
12/14/2007, 03:34 PM
Posted: December 14, 2007
Sporting News staff reports

There's a new twist in Michigan's ongoing search for a head coach: University officials are meeting with West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez, according to Sporting News Radio correspondent Michael Bradley.

Rodriguez and his agent are in Toledo today to negotiate with Michigan athletic director Bill Martin and university president Mary Sue Coleman.

Michigan has been looking for a head coach since Lloyd Carr announced his retirement Nov. 19 after 13 seasons leading the program.

It was assumed LSU coach Les Miles was Michigan's top target. But Miles denied he was going to Michigan at a press conference before the SEC championship game, and signed an extension to stay at LSU. He also issued a statement earlier this week saying he as not a candidate for the Michigan job.

Greg Schiano was contacted about the job last week but decided to stay at Rutgers.

Rodriguez has been head coach at West Virginia since 2001. He has a 60-26 record with the Mountaineers, who face Oklahoma next month in the Fiesta Bowl.

Soonermagik
12/14/2007, 03:38 PM
Hopefully, this will mess with his head and it will help us. Most coaches who receive other high level jobs lose their bowl games. ;)

MextheBulldog
12/14/2007, 03:39 PM
Prediction: Richie Rich turns down the Meatchicken job in lieu of a contract extension and raise at WVa. Just like he abused the Bammers last year.

MextheBulldog
12/14/2007, 03:42 PM
melting down on wv board http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=159#s=159&f=2508&t=1653015

Good lord, you'd think someone died over there. Yikes, they are all over Rich.

soonerinabilene
12/14/2007, 03:44 PM
Good lord, you'd think someone died over there. Yikes, they are all over Rich.

No kidding. I hope his couch has fire insurance.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/14/2007, 04:00 PM
The Meatchicken unis are enough to scare off most coaches.

85sooners
12/14/2007, 05:10 PM
lol

101sooner
12/14/2007, 05:27 PM
Those WVU folks are a tough crowd.

OUstud
12/14/2007, 05:29 PM
They already lost one coach to Meatchicken (Beilien)

Bccajun
12/14/2007, 06:18 PM
Posted: December 14, 2007

It was assumed LSU coach Les Miles was Michigan's top target. But Miles denied he was going to Michigan at a press conference before the SEC championship game, and signed an extension to stay at LSU. He also issued a statement earlier this week saying he as not a candidate for the Michigan job.

Who really thinks he is NOT going to Michigan?
A Couple of points to look at.

1. Didn't he sign a new contract with the pokes then jump to Lsu.
2. No new DC named yet. This is really strange. When Mike Stoops left, Bob did not wait to name Brent the new DC. Yes Bo is staying until after the next game, but now is the time to be ready for the replacement if you are staying.

BC

SOONER STEAKER
12/14/2007, 06:26 PM
I think hehas to leave. After reading the mesage boards, he won't have the support of the Morgantown community.

They should just call the guy Richie Rich, becausee when he goes to Miiiiiiiiiiiichigin, he wll be, rich that is.

mdklatt
12/14/2007, 07:03 PM
They should just call the guy Richie Rich, becausee when he goes to Miiiiiiiiiiiichigin, he wll be, rich that is.

I keep hearing that the reason Michigan doesn't have somebody already is that they're trying to get by on reputation and aren't willing to pay top dollar. Either that or they're waiting for Leslie to make the announcement during his press conference after the MNC game. I can totally see him taking off his too-small LSU cap and putting on a too-small Michigan cap right then and there. Or maybe he'll do a Corso and put on the Wolverine head. That would be awesome.

mdklatt
12/14/2007, 09:43 PM

If he leaves then there is no doubt in my mind he was paid off to lose the pitt game.

Wow.

Those people seem to have even bigger delusions of grandeur than Arkie fans. Let this be a lesson to you, boys and girls: Don't let your sister get into the moonshine when she's pregnant with your baby or the kid might be born thinking that West Virginia is an elite football program.

sooneron
12/14/2007, 10:01 PM
They are calling for *ahem* Bowden! :rolleyes:

Ground_Attack
12/14/2007, 10:13 PM
how funny is that. Michigan has been turned down by the RUTGERS coach already and the WVU coach isn't a sure thing either. ouch

MichiganSooner
12/14/2007, 10:17 PM
They already lost one coach to Meatchicken (Beilien)

They lost one other coach to Michigan. Fielding Yost.

soonerboomer93
12/14/2007, 10:25 PM
wow, atleast someone gets it

Look, this is the "Big Time" many have talked about for years. This is the way it goes. If high ranking administrators from another big time school want to discuss their opening, you are at least courteous enough to listen.

According to press releases, they are still talking to Les Miles. Maybe that is just as an alumnus or to get his views. Who knows, maybe they want to talk to Coach Rod about an assistant to move up, or whatever. I'm sure they are not discussing recipes, but it is a business dealing.

wanna be big time, welcome the price you pay

Ruuuuuufus
12/15/2007, 12:25 AM
doesnt Rodriguez do this about every year right before he gets a big raise and contract extension?

EatSchmittOU
12/15/2007, 04:58 AM
I personally don't give a ****. He can do whatever the hell he wants. If he doesn't want to be here then he should leave.

I gotta say I really admire Greg Shiano. Turning down Miami and Michigan to stay with a program like Rutgers. The man's got heart.

badger
12/15/2007, 09:48 AM
I watched the Appy State/Delaware game last night (at least until about the 3rd quarter - next thing I remember was NP waking me up long after it's over). Wow, it was a repeat of the Meatchicken game!

Oh, and we'd probably be going into panic mode too if our hotshot coach left for another seemingly worse program. Sure, we think we are the best in the nation. So does West Virginia. Sweet, little funny shaped state West Virginia :D