PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still without power?

IB4OU2
12/14/2007, 11:16 AM
We're on day 5 without. I think I've mastered showering and shaving in the dark but I do a complete self inspection when I get to work just to make sure I still have everything. I think I can see better at night now too.

GoodLuck.

soonerbrat
12/14/2007, 11:27 AM
my parents don't have electricty yet, I don't think. one of their generators broke and they had to go buy a new one a couple days ago.

IB4OU2
12/14/2007, 11:51 AM
my parents don't have electricty yet, I don't think. one of their generators broke and they had to go buy a new one a couple days ago.

We have a gas log fireplace and hot water heater so it's not totally unbearable.

soonerbrat
12/14/2007, 11:57 AM
they live out in the country and have well water..so no electricity means no water.

sooneron
12/14/2007, 12:06 PM
My Mom lives in the center of Norman and is still without. She is going to have to pay an electrician 1K b/c her power line is loose going into the box on the house. First, she has to have the tree dismantled/removed before he works on it, THEN she can have OGE come restore the juice.
sucks cuz if it's not back before Thurs, she might not make it up here for her first grandkid's Xmas. :(

picasso
12/14/2007, 12:09 PM
we're still out but we have the fireplace (with gas) and hot water. We got to stay at the Doubletree last night. it was nice not wearing a stocking cap to bed.:)

I think we got our mail stolen yesterday. and my neighbor ran off a guy snooping around my car the other morning.

bastards.

IB4OU2
12/14/2007, 12:12 PM
we're still out but we have the fireplace (with gas) and hot water. We got to stay at the Doubletree last night. it was nice not wearing a stocking cap to bed.:)

I think we got our mail stolen yesterday. and my neighbor ran off a guy snooping around my car the other morning.

bastards.

I've got some extra weapons if you need any Pic....We have'nt had any trouble yet.

picasso
12/14/2007, 12:15 PM
well I've got the shotgun and my neighbor was a marine in the 'nam. he's loaded, one of them 2nd amendment types.:D

Mjcpr
12/14/2007, 12:17 PM
well I've got the shotgun and my neighbor was a marine in the 'nam. he's loaded, one of them 2nd amendment types.:D

You live in Wister?

Sooner_Bob
12/14/2007, 12:17 PM
That stinks picasso . . . hopefully the dude won't show up again.

Partial Qualifier
12/14/2007, 12:24 PM
I thought four HOURS was bad. My heart goes out to anyone whose gone this long :(

soonerbrat
12/14/2007, 12:49 PM
My Mom lives in the center of Norman and is still without. She is going to have to pay an electrician 1K b/c her power line is loose going into the box on the house. First, she has to have the tree dismantled/removed before he works on it, THEN she can have OGE come restore the juice.
sucks cuz if it's not back before Thurs, she might not make it up here for her first grandkid's Xmas. :(

that happened to one of my coworkers - her insurance paid for that and for her to stay in a hotel until it's fixed

OUDoc
12/14/2007, 12:54 PM
I thought four HOURS was bad. My heart goes out to anyone whose gone this long :(
Yeah. Mine was out ~16 hours. Seemed longer though.
Hope everyone's power is back soon.

RFH Shakes
12/14/2007, 02:27 PM
We're on day 5 without. I think I've mastered showering and shaving in the dark but I do a complete self inspection when I get to work just to make sure I still have everything. I think I can see better at night now too.

GoodLuck.

I'm right there with you. Mine went out Sunday night. The worst part is everyone on the other side of the street has power.

They are all running their xmas lights just to rub our faces in it.:D

mikeelikee
12/14/2007, 02:30 PM
Ours went out Sunday night as well, in mid-town Tulsa. I sure hope today is the day we get it back, because it's supposed to get down in the teens tomorrow night. Brrrrrrr!!!! :(

soonersweetie
12/14/2007, 04:50 PM
my dad in Sand Springs is still without power. He has a gas stove, and he runs it a couple of times during the day, but not at night. I'm worried about the temps getting so low tonight there.

IB4OU2
12/14/2007, 04:55 PM
Ours went out Sunday night as well, in mid-town Tulsa. I sure hope today is the day we get it back, because it's supposed to get down in the teens tomorrow night. Brrrrrrr!!!! :(

That's around where we live too. Oh well Utica Square still has their Christmas lights....sort of. :D

mdklatt
12/14/2007, 05:10 PM
My Mom lives in the center of Norman and is still without.

Which OU first lady was it that had all the trees planted around town? Bitch. :D

Boarder
12/14/2007, 05:29 PM
$1000 to hook up a new box to the house?

Excuse me, I'm going to go the school so I can get my electrician's license.

soonersweetie
12/14/2007, 05:31 PM
well, i feel a little better. Just talked to dad and he is still without power, but he is over at his mom's (who lives in a retirement community in Tulsa) doing his laundry there and he is just gonna stay the night there since she has power and he can be warm there.

Makes me feel much better.

picasso
12/19/2007, 01:24 PM
got ours back Saturday night!:texan: