PDA

View Full Version : My ESPN rant

pott_2
12/14/2007, 02:43 AM
It pis*es me off that more and more of ESPN's content is for INsiders only. I will not give those (_*_)'s a dime.

ESPN sucks, but I shamefully watch all the time.

Your comments?

walkoffsooner
12/14/2007, 03:14 AM
I feel your pain.

Curly Bill
12/14/2007, 09:19 AM
No dimes from me either.

SoonerGM
12/14/2007, 09:29 AM
exactly. why would i pay for something that use to be free? i will just find something else to do with my time.

Curly Bill
12/14/2007, 09:36 AM
exactly. why would i pay for something that use to be free? i will just find something else to do with my time.

Yep, much like the NFL Network BS.

The_Red_Patriot
12/14/2007, 10:01 AM
Its a waste of money. ESPN's insider stuff is on TV or other websites for free. You just have to search.

MextheBulldog
12/14/2007, 10:15 AM
Eh, c'mon cheap skates - its like 7-8 bucks a month. And you get the magazine (yeah, not that great) as part of the Insider subscription.

Their "advance scouting report" insider pre-game matchup breakdowns are really good though. Lots of extremely detailed information about each part of the teams that goes beyond the basic, talking-head stuff you normally hear.

soonerinabilene
12/14/2007, 10:21 AM
I can see how it would be worth it for the recruiting info and draft stuff, but thats about it. I dont wanna pay extra to read an article about how tom glavine used to be really good at hockey, also.

badger
12/14/2007, 11:44 AM
what do you want to read. we're subscribers to the ESPN magazine, so we have access.

colleyvillesooner
12/14/2007, 11:50 AM
I had an account and cancelled it and my username and password worked for 6 months after.

Now the new guy at work gave me one he and his friends all use, and it's never been turned off since...:D

snp
12/14/2007, 02:49 PM
I can see how it would be worth it for the recruiting info and draft stuff, but thats about it. I dont wanna pay extra to read an article about how tom glavine used to be really good at hockey, also.

ESPN's recruiting service is garbage at the moment. They promised to sink a lot of money into this service but so far there is nothing worthwhile over there. You can find adequate draft information from other mock draft sites around.

My ESPN rant would have been a lot longer and contained the word ****heads a lot more.

badger
12/14/2007, 03:08 PM
ESPN's recruiting service is garbage at the moment. They promised to sink a lot of money into this service but so far there is nothing worthwhile over there. You can find adequate draft information from other mock draft sites around.

My ESPN rant would have been a lot longer and contained the words ****heads a lot more.
To see what most of you (apparently) are missing, the ESPN 150:
Note: The first number is the dude's ranking out of 150 of the best recruits in the country (according ehspen). The last number is the awesomeness rating out of 100. For example:
4 Jermie Calhoun RB TX 92 Oklahoma
Jermie is #4 out of 150 of the best football recruits in the country. He is very awesome, rating 92 out of 100. He is also a running back from Texas that plans to attend Oklahoma :D

More follow...
12 R.J. Washington DE TX 87 Oklahoma
32 Landry Jones QB NM 83 Oklahoma
89 Stephen Good OT TX 82 Oklahoma
94 Daniel Franklin ILB GA 81 Oklahoma
122 Justin Johnson RB TX 81 Oklahoma

I would have to say rivals is still the king of recruitin' :D

snp
12/14/2007, 03:18 PM
To see what most of you (apparently) are missing, the ESPN 150:

I would have to say rivals is still the king of recruitin' :D

:confused: I'm pretty well versed about the ESPN ranking services. It's not that the system confuses me, it's like I said earlier - it's a garbage recruiting service at the moment. The grades vary wildly from Scout and Rivals, the players are often listed at a wrong position, and the lack of content on the player's profile leaves a lot to be desired.

pott_2
12/15/2007, 12:00 AM
My ESPN rant would have been a lot longer and contained the word ****heads a lot more.

My newbism leaves me searching out the limitations of post material. I could go on all day about USCpn. I agree that Rivals is still the best.

Crucifax Autumn
12/15/2007, 03:50 AM
My opinion is best! lmao

EatSchmittOU
12/15/2007, 05:47 AM
It pis*es me off that more and more of ESPN's content is for INsiders only. I will not give those (_*_)'s a dime.

ESPN sucks, but I shamefully watch all the time.

Your comments?

I concur. It seems like everything is "INsider" these days.

badger
12/15/2007, 09:37 AM
My opinion is best! lmao
go run over another mascot!

;)

sanantoniosooner
12/15/2007, 10:41 AM
I'm sorry, but you guys need to grow some nads.

With television evils out there like "We", "Lifetime", "Oxygen" I'll take all the sports information I can get via internet or television. If you don't like a pay service, don't pay for it. It seems like a simple concept to me. I don't like sushi, and, believe it or not, I don't spend any money on it.

I would rather listen to a constant loop of Skip Bayless than to have to watch "The View".

If it's sports, it's better than 70% of what is available, even if you don't like who it is.

Sooner70
12/15/2007, 10:55 AM
My wife bought the ESPN magazine from one of these door to door salespeople. Thought it'd be a nice gift for me. Nice thought, but I'm not gonna reup on the account when it expires. I'd rather spend my money somewhere else.

Stitch Face
12/15/2007, 11:52 AM
I would rather listen to a constant loop of Skip Bayless than to have to watch "The View".

Or you could just not watch TV.

sanantoniosooner
12/15/2007, 12:56 PM
Or you could just not watch TV.
and THAT is another valid choice that is better than watching either and then crying about it.

Crucifax Autumn
12/16/2007, 03:25 AM
and THAT is another valid choice that is better than watching either and then crying about it.

Damn dude...You wanna take away all our bitching priveledges! lol