PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia fans???

Collier11
12/13/2007, 10:32 PM
A couple of questions for you,

1: I know you guys are bummed about missing out on the MNC, but can you seriously not fill the seats for the fricking Fiesta Bowl?

2: What happened to Slaton? I have heard he put on weight and it slowed him down but to me it looks like they stopped using him as much?

3: Do you ever get the feeling that Brown may be a better "QB" than white and white should be used in a way that Mizzou uses Maclin?

85sooners
12/13/2007, 10:42 PM
:pop:

Sonner magic923
12/13/2007, 10:58 PM

1: I know you guys are bummed about missing out on the MNC, but can you seriously not fill the seats for the fricking Fiesta Bowl?

WV having problems selling there tix?

amasooner
12/13/2007, 11:15 PM
So how does the ticket thing work? I know you can buy tickets for a bowl game before the teams are announced. Do the schools get more tickets once they are assigned to a game? So i guess i answered my own question- a certain amount are set aside before and then a certain amount are alloted to each school once they are given the game. Sorry i like to hear myself ramble somtimes and i am slightly retarded.

garland sooner
12/13/2007, 11:31 PM
i thought this was a thread wondering where they are because I have no clue.

soonerloyal
12/14/2007, 12:40 AM
I'm assuming that the majority of WV fans are well-behaved, proud and simply know how to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects well on their University and team.

I have no reason to think otherwise.

Sooner_Havok
12/14/2007, 12:47 AM
WVU=Still in shock

KantoSooner
12/14/2007, 12:52 AM
I've had a bunch email me with friendly harrassment. They seem to be really getting into the game.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/14/2007, 01:10 AM
After beating our overconfident as*es the last time we played them, I can understand why they are feisty.

virginiasooner
12/14/2007, 09:04 AM
Rushbo, that loss was TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO. None of the WVU players were even alive when that game was played. The Sooners are looking for revenge after last year's Fiesta Bowl loss.

sooneron
12/14/2007, 09:09 AM
I heard they are currently dousing their couches with Kerosene in anticipation of a big victory.

hgarmorer
12/14/2007, 09:32 AM
I heard they are currently dousing their couches with Kerosene in anticipation of a big victory.

When I first read this I thought you said "Douching their coaches" I was like WTF :eek:, then I put the bottle down and re-read it. All is ok now

douxpaysan
12/14/2007, 11:25 AM
http://www.veryspatial.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=249&g2_serialNumber=2

fadada1
12/14/2007, 12:28 PM
I'm assuming that the majority of WV fans are well-behaved, proud and simply know how to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects well on their University and team.

I have no reason to think otherwise.
me neither

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9593/couchse9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

OUDoc
12/14/2007, 12:38 PM
My 15yo daughter dates a WV "fan". He was a texas fan, then we (and everyone else) beat texas, they fell out of the top 10, so WV became his "real" favorite team. We've got $5 on that game (just like the OU/texas game).
I suspect he wouldn't have a clue how to answer your questions though.

ADs_Agent
12/14/2007, 02:25 PM
My 15yo daughter dates a WV "fan". He was a texas fan, then we (and everyone else) beat texas, they fell out of the top 10, so WV became his "real" favorite team. We've got $5 on that game (just like the OU/texas game).
I suspect he wouldn't have a clue how to answer your questions though.

kid sounds like a winner.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/14/2007, 03:15 PM
Rushbo, that loss was TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO. None of the WVU players were even alive when that game was played. The Sooners are looking for revenge after last year's Fiesta Bowl loss.I was talking about the WVU fans, not the team. + we all hope you're correct about the Sooners being pumped about this game. We will "pull a Colorado" if we don't respect the WVU team.

jr4ou
12/14/2007, 08:57 PM
:hmfic:

Jacie
12/14/2007, 09:42 PM
Do WV fans travel well, in large numbers that bowl game sponsors like to see? I don't want to tune into the Fiesta Bowl and see more yellow than crimson in the stands.

As a Sooner, you gotta feel better about having played OUr way into the game by winning as opposed to how the Mountaineers got there by losing.

SOONER STEAKER
12/14/2007, 09:43 PM
I remember that game 25 years ago. I was in the Boy Scouts and every home game I bused from the fairgrounds with all the other scouts and we were ushers for the game. I couldn't believe the language I was hearing in the 4th quarter. THat same language was also being used by WV fans when they played Pitt.

OU 45
WV 31

Boomer

Flagstaffsooner
12/14/2007, 09:50 PM
I googled for pics of them. They seem to be no different from oSu fans.

http://www.pinheadnation.com/two-teeth.jpeg
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2005/06/03/fat372.jpg
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/college/_photos/2005-08-09-inside-pittsnogl.jpg

SoonerBorn68
12/14/2007, 10:58 PM
kid sounds like a weiner.

Fixed.

birddog
12/14/2007, 11:25 PM
that dude's gut acne is grossing me out.

birddog
12/14/2007, 11:26 PM
and that man boob acne looks not so good either.

look at my tittays

EatSchmittOU
12/15/2007, 04:28 AM

2: What happened to Slaton? I have heard he put on weight and it slowed him down but to me it looks like they stopped using him as much?

3: Do you ever get the feeling that Brown may be a better "QB" than white and white should be used in a way that Mizzou uses Maclin?

1.) WVU fans actually travel very well. WVU football is all we have. I gotta think after suffering the worst loss in WVU football history a lot fans probably don't feel like going, even if it is a BCS bowl against a great team like Oklahoma. Also, the geograhic location isn't exactly in our favor. That being said, there should still be plenty of gold and blue representin'.

2.) Slaton has gained 10lbs of muscle in both of the last two years and I definitely think he's lost a step because of it. Teams have been keying in on him all year though. His draft stock can't be great, but if he stays another season then he'll be splitting carries with Devine.

3.) White is better for our offense, and the kid is smart and knows how to make plays. When Rich Rod puts Brown in there and tries to run the same plays it just doesn't work. The kid can straight up launch the football yet they never let him air it out. I think Brown makes a lot of mental errors as well. I think he has great potenial but I feel like he's underachieved in the high pressure situations (3 TO in our 2 losses).

Crucifax Autumn
12/16/2007, 03:35 AM
4.) Lick my anus, troll!

KantoSooner
12/16/2007, 06:50 AM
My, my, up on the wrong side of the bed today, eh. Be nice: this guy has been reasonable.

JohnnyMack
12/16/2007, 09:03 AM
I can't wait to play a read option team.

Noel Devine scares me.

That's about it.

Harry Beanbag
12/16/2007, 10:37 AM
My, my, up on the wrong side of the bed today, eh. Be nice: this guy has been reasonable.

I guess, except for when it came time to choose his handle. I neg every post he makes just because of it.

NS5
12/16/2007, 10:40 AM
Rushbo, that loss was TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO. None of the WVU players were even alive when that game was played. The Sooners are looking for revenge after last year's Fiesta Bowl loss.

Yikes, I was at that game in Norman 25 years ago, somebody get me some vitamins.