PDA

View Full Version : A Toast to Joe C. and Bob...

Lott's Bandana
12/13/2007, 11:42 AM
...to Joe for bringing in a man with values, class and integrity.

...to Bob for being that man.

With all the Saban's/Petrinos/Mileseses in the world becoming the prototype for college/nfl coaches, I am glad we have an imperfect yet outstanding leader and representative of/to/for our school, fans, players, state.

Coach may not be here forever, but I cannot comprehend that he would follow the SEC path of deception and deceit if and when he decides to move on.

<Raising a glass of 18 year-old single malt>

AlabamaSooner
12/13/2007, 11:59 AM
Stoops is happy in his position and that's exactly what these other coaches are trying to do. Get out of a position that they are not happy with and find a better one. I can't blame ANYONE for doing that. If you're not happy, why stay there if you're going to be miserable? That being said, Petrino definitely went about it the wrong way. Had he waited until the end of the season, I think that would've been fine. Bottom line, if you're not happy, find something that makes you happy.

OklahomaTuba
12/13/2007, 02:18 PM
Screw the fal cons & the NFL

They drop players this way all the damn time. Finally, their head coach did the same and everyone is ****ed??

Please. Its business.

CORNholio
12/13/2007, 09:20 PM
Stoops is happy in his position and that's exactly what these other coaches are trying to do. Get out of a position that they are not happy with and find a better one. I can't blame ANYONE for doing that. If you're not happy, why stay there if you're going to be miserable? That being said, Petrino definitely went about it the wrong way. Had he waited until the end of the season, I think that would've been fine. Bottom line, if you're not happy, find something that makes you happy.

Some people chase greed and fame and therefore will never be 'happy'. Thus the endless stream of job hoppers in the SEC and NFL. Alot of peoples' "misery" comes from ignorance of what can make them happy. They wind up grasping for the things that are actually bringing them down. Forever to chase their tail.

TUSooner
12/13/2007, 09:25 PM
Not to un-jack the thread or anything, but "Here's to Joe & 'specially to Bob" with a glass of Abita Christmas Ale!

CHEERS, Hillbillies! & Merry Christmas, too.

SoonerLB
12/13/2007, 09:28 PM
"Here's to Joe & 'specially to Bob"

By gawd, I'LL DRINK TO THAT! Cheers! ;)

Charla
12/13/2007, 09:30 PM
yeah my heart bleeds for all these grubs just trying to get by on a couple mil a year.

Breadburner
12/13/2007, 11:29 PM
Mr. Boren deserves an atta boy as well.....

texas bandman
12/14/2007, 12:35 AM
I'll drink to Bob...may he long be a Sooner. Tequila shooters...Woo Hoo!

OUmillenium
12/14/2007, 12:31 PM
TO BILL BRASKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(MUGS CLANG TOGETHER)

MextheBulldog
12/14/2007, 03:34 PM
:pop:

Flying Scotsman
12/14/2007, 11:47 PM
Cheers to the chaps!!