PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for fans of Terry Pratchett...

crawfish
12/12/2007, 10:41 AM
He is in the early stages of Alzheimer's.

http://www.paulkidby.com/news/index.html

Scott D
12/12/2007, 11:43 AM
craw, you're not full of fail, you're full of depressing news about authors.

Frozen Sooner
12/12/2007, 11:48 AM
:sad:

Howzit
12/12/2007, 12:21 PM
:(

PS I would just like to draw attention to everyone reading the above that this should
be interpreted as 'I am not dead'. I will, of course, be dead at some future point, as
will everybody else. For me, this maybe further off than you think - it's too soon to tell.
I know it's a very human thing to say "Is there anything I can do", but in this case I
would only entertain offers from very high-end experts in brain chemistry.

:)

proud gonzo
12/12/2007, 02:39 PM
I better hurry up and meet the bugger, then.

Frozen Sooner
12/12/2007, 02:51 PM
I better hurry up and meet the bugger, then.

I'm sure it would be a very memorable experience for one of you...

I'm going to hell.

:(

Grandpa had very advanced Alzheimer's when he passed. I mention this because he shared many qualities with Terry Pratchett, and it's damn unfair.

Rogue
12/12/2007, 09:51 PM
Watching HOGFATHER now...just can't get into this.
Love the books though. Great satire.

GottaHavePride
12/12/2007, 11:46 PM
Dammit all to hell. I do like how he calls it "An Embuggerance". It'll be a sad day when he goes.

and on the film, it's like I said in the other thread. It's great to see it brought to life. Many aspects are done very well. The look of it all is great, although Death seems a bit stiff (hahaha). But it just feels like the actors don't quite get TP's characters.

proud gonzo
12/13/2007, 12:05 AM
i've always wanted to write an adaptation of Soul Music or THUD!

GottaHavePride
12/13/2007, 12:47 AM
I can't even imagine the difficulty of trying to cast Vimes. The chick in Hogfather might make a good Susan Death if you got a director that could really get the right vibe out of her.