PDA

View Full Version : Who is OU's next line of Stars?

Collier11
12/12/2007, 12:23 AM
Those of you who follow the goings on inside the OU program or have sources, what is the word?

Bumpus
Stradford
Box
Franks
Frank Anderson
Fleming
Desmond Jackson
Travis Lewis
Proctor

Anyone I missed, I know some of you hear stuff out of practice...itd be nice to chew on who has a shot at big time PT next year and could be a big playmaker for us in the coming years?

Will
12/12/2007, 12:49 AM
julio jones?

adoniijahsooner
12/12/2007, 01:32 AM
College Kids are always growing and getting stronger, so who knows who will rise to the occassion, but if I had to choose i would put my money on Franks and Box.

snp
12/12/2007, 01:50 AM
Coaches love Stardford's speed and if Broyles wouldn't have messed up he probably would be getting PT right now since Tennel and Caleb are out. I imagine we're going to see several fly routes being called to Stradford's side in the future. Haven't heard much about Wilson since the summer.

Franks will be a solid DB, already showing it. Right now I'm guessing he'll be the NB with Lendy and Reggie manning the corners and Nic and Quinton Carter(?) taking care of the safety positions. But then again that could change if Reggie declares.

Take your pick between Lewis and Box as to who will likely replace Baker next year. Both are picking up praises. Lewis is the faster of the two but Box the bigger hitter.

Donald Stephenson and Proctor have been great.

I don't see any of the DE's emerging for a while though. A couple need to add weight and they're stuck behind a logjam at DE. English, Williams, Beal, and Davis are going to dominate the snaps (and olines) next year.

Soonerfan1993
12/12/2007, 02:05 AM
You don't think R.J. Washington gets any PT?

snp
12/12/2007, 02:27 AM
I have no clue if he's physically ready to handle the college game but I'm inclined to doubt he is at such a demanding position. Maybe he can be used on pass rush situations but I doubt he'll be up to par in run support.

If Williams doesn't get his 6th year and he can pass up Davis and the other freshman on the depth chart, cool. I just don't see it happening.

swardboy
12/12/2007, 11:38 AM
I thought Franks was a positive factor at punt returning from what little I saw on my tv box.....

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/12/2007, 01:23 PM
I think Franks is probably the safeest bet of the bunch to step in and star but I think Tennell should recover nicely and will have a large jump in production presuming Kelly goes pro.

If John Williams doesn't get an addiational year it sure looks like Beal is ready to be a star.

The thing is, unless a number of people declare for the draft, next years stars will mostly be this years stars so I'm not sure if the question is who are the stars of 2008 or of 2009. There really aren't many spots for players to break through next year...

Curly Bill
12/12/2007, 03:13 PM
I think Tennell should recover nicely and will have a large jump in production presuming Kelly goes pro.

Assuming he's able to bounce back from his injury in time, Tennell would be my answer as well.

Desert Sapper
12/12/2007, 03:55 PM
The Will backer has traditionally been one of our better positions. If Curtis returns for his senior year at MLB, I expect the guy that steps in at Will to have a monster year.

CtheB
12/12/2007, 05:16 PM
It would be remiss if I did not add the name Jitter Fields to your list.

goingoneight
12/12/2007, 09:16 PM
No one going out on a limb and predicting Tress Way and/or Jimmy Stevenson? :D

Curly Bill
12/12/2007, 10:32 PM
No one going out on a limb and predicting Tress Way and/or Jimmy Stevenson? :D

Someone has to kick huh?