PDA

View Full Version : Lamont Robinson

MamaMia
12/10/2007, 01:11 PM
Whats the deal on this guy? Wasn't he a very sought after 4 or 5 start recruit? I think hes out of New Jersey. Why hasn't he been playing?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2007, 01:38 PM
Not sure if he still has negative effects from car accident in high school, or if its just one of those guys who fits in that Mike Reed, Quentin Chaney(who has earned himself some PT as of late) mold of guys who just doesnt perform as advertised....Plus the LBs playing are doing a pretty good job and its hard to get on the field.

kevpks
12/10/2007, 02:31 PM
He'll get his chance in the spring. I'll bet we bring in one or two late JC linebacks too. I wouldn't mind finding another Pasha Jackson type guy who can step right in and play well.

Desert Sapper
12/10/2007, 04:40 PM
Had an INT against North Texas and a sack against Utah State. Those are the only games he played in. Too many ahead of him in the depth.

TripleOption14
12/10/2007, 05:08 PM
Not sure if he still has negative effects from car accident in high school, or if its just one of those guys who fits in that Mike Reed, Quentin Chaney(who has earned himself some PT as of late) mold of guys who just doesnt perform as advertised....Plus the LBs playing are doing a pretty good job and its hard to get on the field.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing about Mike Reed. Is this a defensive scheme that doesn't fit his game or is he just not "OU" good? I was thinking that since he has some pretty good size that the coaching may try playing him at DE. I mean he's pretty much the same size as English right? Try to find a spot for him you would think.

Or better yet let him play DE standing up like Cody use to do. Just rush the passer from a standing up position. He's gotta be used to that right?

Desert Sapper
12/10/2007, 05:10 PM
Didn't Reed redshirt this year?

MojoRisen
12/10/2007, 05:26 PM
Dude Reed is good- He will be good next year. He got off in the spring game all over the place.

Lamont is said to know all the LB positions so he will definitely find the field next year and I am sure will be sound.

ArkanSooner
12/10/2007, 09:18 PM
One of those two guys will definitely get a chance if Curtis decides to leave.

snp
12/10/2007, 09:34 PM
Reed's wife had a heart surgery and he had to take care of their kid while she was recovering. He's got his priorities in order and will hopefully get another shot in the spring. He's still got to improve his work ethic and understanding of the schemes. May be able to apply for an extra year of eligibility.

Robinson is probably depth chart fodder/special teamer.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2007, 11:08 PM
Reed's wife had a heart surgery and he had to take care of their kid while she was recovering. He's got his priorities in order and will hopefully get another shot in the spring. He's still got to improve his work ethic and understanding of the schemes. May be able to apply for an extra year of eligibility.

Robinson is probably depth chart fodder/special teamer.

Kind of a wait and see on both of them..I did not know about the heart surgery thing. All I had heard was just a little disappointment in the things you mentioned.