PDA

View Full Version : Sooner commit changes to texas a&m

SOONER STEAKER
12/9/2007, 11:43 PM
Jeff Fuller, WR out of McKinney Boyd HS has changed his commitment from the Sooners to the a&m aggies. Sorry for the headline mistake.

Read this on rivals.com but don't know how to post a link.

soonerdave79
12/9/2007, 11:49 PM
That's too bad. He'll miss out on a few big 12 trophys.

goingoneight
12/10/2007, 12:00 AM
Best of luck, and many arse whoopins to him by the hand of Stoops. :D

Rhino
12/10/2007, 01:20 AM
Guess he really wants to block.

insuranceman_22
12/10/2007, 01:24 AM
http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=2&c=709950&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2foklahoma.scout.com%2fa.z %3fs%3d146%26p%3d2%26c%3d709950

Here's the only link I can find, but it's an abbreviation since I don't pay for any services. That kind of sux. Does this effect Jones or the in-stater from Musk. decision?

Octavian
12/10/2007, 01:27 AM
Hope he has fun in Collective Station.

Whatever, his choice.

Desert Sapper
12/10/2007, 07:24 AM
I guess Sherman has some pull. It would have been nice to have him, but I really hope now that Julio Jones and Jameel Owens have us up at the top. Getting both of those guys would really help fill the void we'll be feeling when MK leaves. All is not lost. I think Chris Tolliver (LA) and Josh Jarboe (GA) are also possibilities. No matter how it shakes out (so far Dejuan Miller is still hanging with us), we will still be winning championships while everybody else watches.

SOONER STEAKER
12/10/2007, 09:04 AM
DeJuan should be solid. Seems like I read that his parents are from OKC? Am i right or did a frozen tree limb just fall on my head?

Boomer

SOONERKAT
12/10/2007, 10:35 AM
One of the ags in the office here stated that this kid is an eATMe legacy, but did not want to play for Fran.

I have a feeling that Sherman will have this effect on more than a few kids in Texas.

Curly Bill
12/10/2007, 12:08 PM
Guess he really wants to block.

These were my exact thoughts, but with a new HC I'm sure they told him they are going to open things up. No matter, they are still atm. :D

Scott D
12/10/2007, 12:15 PM
I guess Sherman has some pull. It would have been nice to have him, but I really hope now that Julio Jones and Jameel Owens have us up at the top. Getting both of those guys would really help fill the void we'll be feeling when MK leaves. All is not lost. I think Chris Tolliver (LA) and Josh Jarboe (GA) are also possibilities. No matter how it shakes out (so far Dejuan Miller is still hanging with us), we will still be winning championships while everybody else watches.

I'd say it's highly unlikely we get Tolliver, especially with as hard as Leslie is going after him.

EstablishedSooner1967
12/10/2007, 12:35 PM
His dad played at A&M so the kool-Aid has not worn off... the funny thing is he was at the OU games talking up OU telling kids to come play with him at OU... loved Landry Jones and wanted to play with him...
And personally I dont care where a kid goes OU will win with or without him. But dont spend 6 months as a loyal OU kid and turn in one trip... hell he does not even know who is WR coach is going to be at A&M and I am sure they are telling him the Sumlin is leaving and thats not official as of yet...
Sherman's offense did not look all that hot at Green Bay or Houston. The A&M kool-aid must be some powerfull stuff. Good luck to the young man he is the one that has to spend 4 years in College Station with an ugly campus, no good looking college girls and male cheerleaders and a mediocre football team with no QB to throw balls to him.

stoopified
12/10/2007, 04:54 PM
Come to OU and win championships or go to aTm and watch OU win titles.

MojoRisen
12/10/2007, 05:45 PM
Sucks- Fuller was good - now he will never break 500 yards recieving at A&M

Watch Me Stride
12/10/2007, 07:14 PM
It looked like he had great potential, now he going to be blocking like crazy. Hope he has a nice time at A&M.

yermom
12/10/2007, 07:25 PM
who?

trwxxa
12/10/2007, 09:32 PM
The battle for the Texas kids will be a bit tougher unless Sherman ends up as the wrong person for the job.

Right now, he can tell kids three things:

1. The option as the base offense is gone. This should get some WRs and OLs to take another look.

2. The wacky 4-2-5 defense is gone. This should get some LBs to take another look. The aTm LB corp is also very thin and any kid with some talent can be shown he can step in next year

3. I know exactly how to get you ready for the NFL. Franchione was not capable of this and it turned alot of kids off. aTm had zero kids drafted last year and may only have a couple this year, none on the first day.

It seems the rest of the kids we have committed are solid so I am not too worried.

snp
12/10/2007, 09:48 PM
Eh, plenty of other big time targets left at WR. Think we'll be all right if not this year then definitely next year.

DeJuan should be solid. Seems like I read that his parents are from OKC? Am i right or did a frozen tree limb just fall on my head?

Boomer

His parents might have originally been from okc, I can't remember. But I do know he has other relatives around the area. DeJuan is solid, Stoops stopped by on his way back from NY.

PLaw
12/11/2007, 08:33 PM

How much does this decommit have to do with the potential of Sumlin leaving??

Anybody think that Sherman sold the kid that Sumlin was headed to eATme if he doesn't get a HC gig (no pun intended)?? Sounds like negative recruiting to me and somebody (DMN / WFAA) should investigate.

Or maybe, the kid just sees more talented players (J. Jones) committing and is jumping ship because playing time will be sparse.

BOOMER :mad:

Curly Bill
12/11/2007, 08:37 PM
How much does this decommit have to do with the potential of Sumlin leaving??

Anybody think that Sherman sold the kid that Sumlin was headed to eATme if he doesn't get a HC gig (no pun intended)?? Sounds like negative recruiting to me and somebody (DMN / WFAA) should investigate.

BOOMER :mad:

I think we should just get Jones, Owens, or Jarboe and wish Mr Fuller all the luck in the world at atm. :D

...kid doesn't want to play for a winner, why would we want him? ;)

Scott D
12/15/2007, 04:40 PM
Oh, and via some family connections, Miller is considered the #2 player in the state of NJ.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/16/2007, 12:16 AM
we always lose one kid every year to aTm, can you name some of them?

Widescreen
12/16/2007, 12:22 AM
Well, we got Runnels from them so that certainly worked out.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/16/2007, 12:24 AM
off the top of my head, we've lost dominique steamer and pierre brown. i think we've lost 2 or 3 more...

Curly Bill
12/16/2007, 12:26 AM
I was trying to think of anyone they've had that we would have wanted in the first place. Besides Martellus Bennett, and Goodson.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/16/2007, 12:45 AM
most of our decommits, outside of maclin, have been duds. of course, i can say the same about most of our 'best prospect i've ever seen targets' too.