PDA

View Full Version : Pics from my x-country to Kahlifownia.

SoonerStormchaser
12/9/2007, 08:27 PM
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2181182&l=d0d80&id=9604874

And here's the fun part:
My wife and stepdaughter are currently having the time of their lives trying to get back to Oklahoma from Sacramento.
I had them booked on the first n/s from SMF to OKC this morning...that plane was coming in from Tulsa...guess what? It cancelled cause Tulsa got caught with their pants down and didn't have de-icing fluid, so the plane never got off the ground. So they send my wife and stepdaughter to Albuquerque with the intention of connecting them there to OKC. They're currently there now. Guess what? Flight is cancelled cause OKC is closing down. And they're saying that there's no way in hell they're getting anywhere near OKC til tomorrow night...but if they want to take a late morning departure to Tulsa, that's fine...and no hotel from the airline (cause it's a weather delay). Soooooooo...I have instructed my wife to get on a n/s to Asstin, where I will now drive to pick them up around 9:30 and take them to my parents' house in San Marcos. I'll get them outta San Antonio on Southwest sometime either later tomorrow, or more likely, Tuesday...cause let's face it, the weather isn't gonna get any better til Tuesday anyways. As long as they're safe, I'm good.

Other than this snag, the trip totally kicked ***!

Curly Bill
12/9/2007, 08:37 PM
Once spent a week in San Fancisco (Treasure Island Naval Base to be exact) out-processing from the Navy. I don't approve of their politics there, but it is a beautiful area.

SoonerStormchaser
12/9/2007, 08:42 PM
Yah I know, whenever anyone asks for ID, I almost always instictively whip out my military ID...not there. But man, Chinatown alone is reason to go back. That area was absolutely fascinating.

Harry Beanbag
12/9/2007, 10:42 PM
Once spent a week in San Fancisco (Treasure Island Naval Base to be exact) out-processing from the Navy. I don't approve of their politics there, but it is a beautiful area.

I attended an Advanced Firefighting School at Treasure Island. Interesting spot.

Curly Bill
12/9/2007, 11:21 PM
I attended an Advanced Firefighting School at Treasure Island. Interesting spot.

Yeah, the place was pretty dead when I was there (1994). I think outprocessing being mostly all they did there at the time, or if they did other things it didn't come to my attention. I remember that even though it was June that wind coming in off the bay could downright chill you to the bone.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/10/2007, 06:44 AM

Yep, spent 3 weeks on Coast Guard Island doing a research project when I was at the USCG R&D Center. Drove every night into SF for dinner. Great times, wacko politics...

SoonerStormchaser
12/10/2007, 12:06 PM
They got into Austin ok at 2200 last night. They're staying with my folks til at least tomorrow, possibly later if this thing doesn't clear up.

soonerinabilene
12/10/2007, 02:29 PM
at least they will be used to the whack jobs in austin after being in San Fran.