PDA

View Full Version : Will you vote for who Oprah tells you to vote for?

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2007, 11:45 AM
Whats the deal with this?

Jerk
12/9/2007, 11:51 AM
There is a reason why Rush Limbaugh calls her "The Oprah."

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 11:52 AM
What about Barbara Striesand? She's for Billery.

jk the sooner fan
12/9/2007, 12:07 PM
you think its coincidence she had a show dedicated to the country music stars this past week?

VeeJay
12/9/2007, 12:11 PM
"Oprahpolooza" is the best term I have seen befitting this mandate.

What's really good is that Hillary has rolled out her mom and her daughter, the ravishing Chelsea, in support of her WH bid. Mrs. Rodham, you're no Oprah.

Oprah is the shizzle, fo sho. Hillary is going to have a tough time taking her loyalists away from the Bamster. This will get good.

Now...if Obama can bring on Dr. Phil, Carlton Sheets and Hannah Montana, he's pure gold.

Flagstaffsooner
12/9/2007, 12:15 PM
God forbid that either one of those dems is elected president.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 12:23 PM
Am I the only one that has a wee bit of a problem with a President named Barrack Hussein Obama.

Is that wrong? His father is a Muslim, he wasn't born in North America and Islam has clearly stated they want to control the world in the name of Allah.

Anyone read Revelations??? How about Nostradamus???

I just can't believe this will happen.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 12:46 PM
heh,

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gifWill you vote for who Op... (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2150742#post2150742)12/9/2007 11:37 AM f***ing idiotThe scent of truth...

RacerX
12/9/2007, 12:48 PM
Who is Oprah?

Tailwind
12/9/2007, 12:52 PM
What is an Oprah? I hate that music. Bah

Curly Bill
12/9/2007, 12:54 PM
Not just no, but hellz no! :eek:

limey_sooner
12/9/2007, 12:55 PM
No I won't. I also won't vote for who Chuck Norris tells me to vote for.

Curly Bill
12/9/2007, 12:57 PM
Am I the only one that has a wee bit of a problem with a President named Barrack Hussein Obama.

Is that wrong? His father is a Muslim, he wasn't born in North America and Islam has clearly stated they want to control the world in the name of Allah.

Second!

Jerk
12/9/2007, 01:12 PM
heh,

The scent of truth...

I made up for it, so you have a net loss of zero on your rep.

Pricetag
12/9/2007, 01:16 PM
His father is a Muslim
His father is Muslim. He is not a Muslim.

King Crimson
12/9/2007, 01:19 PM

the Big O sucks out loud, but

do you shop at Walmarts, too?

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 01:21 PM
His father is Muslim. He is not a Muslim.http://www.yankeessuck.com/blog/archives/images/liar-liar.jpg

Yeeeaaaahhhh, that's the ticket.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/9/2007, 01:23 PM
YES! As long as it's Ubama.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 01:25 PM
the Big O sucks out loud, but

do you shop at Walmarts, too?Walmarts? :confused: What are you a Target type? :O What that has to do with the price of tea in China, I have no idea.

You Democrats are sure touchy. I would be too if my top two contenders were Billary and Hussein Obama.

:D

12/9/2007, 01:37 PM
You Democrats are sure touchy. I would be too if my top two contenders were Billary and Hussein Ubama.

:DDon't forget to honor their other possibilities: the Breck Girl, the wise Gov. Richardson, and the amazing Dennis Kusinich. An impressive lot of take-away/give-away artists!

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 01:40 PM
The only one I'm worried about is John Edwards. Ironically, out of that lot he's most likely to be a pretty darn good Prez.

12/9/2007, 01:44 PM
The only one I'm worried about is John Edwards. Ironically, out of that lot he's most likely to be a pretty darn good Prez.He's openly for most big govt. social programs. Is that something you want? Wait, you ARE joking, aren't you?

SanJoaquinSooner
12/9/2007, 01:47 PM
The only one I'm worried about is John Edwards. Ironically, out of that lot he's most likely to be a pretty darn good Prez.

I prefer Senator Clinton to Edwards. He's a lap dog for the protectionist liberal unions. He's the Democrat who's the biggest threat to global free markets.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 01:52 PM
He's openly for most big govt. social programs. Is that something you want? Wait, you ARE joking, aren't you?Considering the lot of Dems, he's the only one that could really be competative with Rudy, McCain, Thompson and Huckabee.

12/9/2007, 01:59 PM
Considering the lot of Dems, he's the only one that could really be competative with Rudy, McCain, Thompson and Huckabee.??? Huh, eh?

SanJoaquinSooner
12/9/2007, 02:12 PM
Considering the lot of Dems, he's the only one that could really be competative with Rudy, McCain, Thompson and Huckabee.

It's the Democrats to lose. They just need to carry the same states Gore carried in 2000 plus one more - likely Ohio. Maybe Florida, Nevada, Arizona, and/or Missouri as well.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 02:16 PM
It's the Democrats to lose. They just need to carry the same states Gore carried in 2000 plus one more - likely Ohio. Maybe Florida, Nevada, Arizona, and/or Missouri as well.Good luck with that. If Hillary is your nominee you'll lose 40 plus states. Obama would be even worse.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/9/2007, 02:55 PM
Good luck with that. If Hillary is your nominee you'll lose 40 plus states. Obama would be even worse.

Obama might lose 40 states. Clinton won't. Other than Iowa, I don't think she would lose a single state that Gore carried in 2000.

The pubs are salivating at the thought of Obama grabbing the nomination. It would be a Mondale style whipping.

But they understand Senator Clinton will be tough to defeat. She can grab a sizable share of swing voters in the swing states.

KaiserSooner
12/9/2007, 03:06 PM

Quite frankly BRR, it's pretty damn racist to have a "wee bit of a problem" with somebody because of their name.

Just sayin'.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 03:16 PM
Quite frankly BRR, it's pretty damn racist to have a "wee bit of a problem" with somebody because of their name.

Just sayin'.When it comes to Muslims, yeah, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Ever see the documentary "The Obsession?"

Did you see Rick Santorum lecture at OU recently about the subject?

There were 20 "peaceful" Muslims there on hand to ask the Sen. questions. Every single one believes America is evil, AND THEY'RE HERE, enjoying our free speech.

Racist or not, in your estimation, Islam has a lot to prove to this agnostic before I support one to be president of the Good ol' US of A.

SOONER STEAKER
12/9/2007, 03:21 PM
I would if she gave me a car. Wait, HELL NO I won't vote for Barak Hussein Obama.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 03:24 PM
Obama might lose 40 states. Clinton won't. Other than Iowa, I don't think she would lose a single state that Gore carried in 2000.

The pubs are salivating at the thought of Obama grabbing the nomination. It would be a Mondale style whipping.

But they understand Senator Clinton will be tough to defeat. She can grab a sizable share of swing voters in the swing states.There has never been a Presidential candidate with negative name ID as high as she has get elected. 42% of all Americans have a negative opinion of Hillary.

You really think America is going to vote to have Bill back in the White house?

Frozen Sooner
12/9/2007, 03:30 PM

His father was a Muslim. His father is an atheist now.

Barack Obama is a Christian.

And no, I don't have a problem with someone's name and I think voting against someone based solely on their name is possibly the worst method of selecting a president I've ever heard of.

12/9/2007, 03:34 PM
There has never been a Presidential candidate with negative name ID as high as she has get elected. 42% of all Americans have a negative opinion of Hillary.

You really think America is going to vote to have Bill back in the White house?I think most dems love Bill Clinton, even to the point of disregarding his treasonous behaviour, and that's the only reason Hillary is a candidate. IMO, she will get nearly 100% of the democrat vote, in the general election.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/9/2007, 03:38 PM
There has never been a Presidential candidate with negative name ID as high as she has get elected. 42% of all Americans have a negative opinion of Hillary.

You really think America is going to vote to have Bill back in the White house?

Minus the pu$$iemongering, Bill Clinton was a very good president and was very popular, even after the impeachment.

High negatives in the red states are irrelevant.

If the Republicans were all united, they would have a very good chance of defeating her. But they are all violating Reagan's 11th commandment - and a sizable number will ultimately either not vote at all or perhpas vote 3rd party. Some cultural conservatives would refuse to vote for Giuliani or Romney or McCain. THompson's campaign is being sucked out by Huckabee.

And now that Huckabee is gaining attention - he's being blasted by fellow pubs - "never met a tax increase he didn't love", instate tuition for illegals, etc.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 03:39 PM
His father was a Muslim. His father is an atheist now.

Barack Obama is a Christian.

And no, I don't have a problem with someone's name and I think voting against someone based solely on their name is possibly the worst method of selecting a president I've ever heard of.Comprehension is a good thing. I am obviously not selecting a President solely by name.

I don't trust him and his tale of his religiosity, or lack there of.

He is a sliver tounged devil though.:O

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 03:44 PM
.Unfortunately for you and her followers her negs are high in blue states. The swing voters are exactly the ones that are sick the most of the Clintons.

If the Dem's don't nominate someone other that Hillary or Obama, they have no shot. It could be as bad as Mondale-Ferarro or even Dukakis-Bentsen.

Frozen Sooner
12/9/2007, 03:45 PM
Ah. You're selecting a president based on half-truths and name. Much better.

I thought that I Heart Huckabee's was an awesome film, but I wouldn't want any of those people running the country, so Huckabee is ruled completely out. I heard that movie was based on his family.

Italians have stated before that they want to dominate the world and actually conquered a fair piece of it. It doesn't concern you at all that there's a Republican front-runner named "Guiliani"?

Mitt Romney sounds kind of like "Rom, the Space Knight." Plus, Mormons have a lot of wives. Can't vote for him! He might be an alien bigamist!

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 03:52 PM
Ah. You're selecting a president based on half-truths and name. Much better.

I thought that I Heart Huckabee's was an awesome film, but I wouldn't want any of those people running the country, so Huckabee is ruled completely out. I heard that movie was based on his family.Hey Rich, I can respect the fact that you are a bleeding heart liberal with little to no political sense ;) but that attack is just plain silly.

Huckabee is no Hussein Obama, that's clear but it certainly would eliminate the disdain I have for the "Peaceful Muslims" I've been running into access the country.

Frozen Sooner
12/9/2007, 03:56 PM
Hey Rich, I can respect the fact that you are a bleeding heart liberal with little to no political sense but that attack is just plain silly.

Huckabee is no Hussein Obama, that's clear but it certainly would eliminate the disdain I have for the "Peaceful Muslims" I've been running into access the country.

Hey, Ron, I can appreciate that you're blatantly bigoted, but that sort of attack is just plain silly.

It's FUN to call names!

And no, I don't really believe you're bigoted-but your line of reasoning in this thread is ridiculous. You're trying to play to people fears about Muslims when discussing a guy who regularly attends a CHRISTIAN church and was baptized! Why? Because his father used to be a Muslim?

There's plenty of great reasons to not vote for Barack Obama.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 03:58 PM
Hey, Ron, I can appreciate that you're blatantly bigoted, but that sort of attack is just plain silly.

It's FUN to call names!

And no, I don't really believe you're bigoted-but your line of reasoning in this thread is ridiculous. You're trying to play to people fears about Muslims when discussing a guy who regularly attends a CHRISTIAN church and was baptized! Why? Because his father used to be a Muslim?

There's plenty of great reasons to not vote for Barack Obama.Agreed and in all honesty, I forgot the ;) next to that first comment.

Frozen Sooner
12/9/2007, 04:02 PM
Fair enough, and peace. :D

I like a lot of what comes out of Barack Obama's mouth, but I don't know how much of it I really believe. He's very...chameleonic. He tends to say things that can be interpreted however the hearer wants to hear them.

I also don't think he has anywhere near the amount of experience needed to run the country-I think he might develop Jimmy Carter Syndrome: a really really smart guy who fails miserably because he thinks he can run everything himself without any kind of effective delegation.

If Bill Richardson doesn't get the Democratic nomination, I don't know that there's anyone in the field I'd vote for, and Richardson is pretty close to losing my vote as well.

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2007, 04:12 PM
I do everything that Oprah tells me to do.

Frozen Sooner
12/9/2007, 04:15 PM
I've read something on her book list before. It was so terrible I was nervous about No Country for Old Men simply because the same author wrote it.

jk the sooner fan
12/9/2007, 04:21 PM
I think voting against someone based solely on their name is possibly the worst method of selecting a president I've ever heard of.

what if his last name was Hitler? you know, not related, but still born with that unfortunate last name?

Frozen Sooner
12/9/2007, 04:32 PM
I'd even vote for someone named "Bush" if their platform was something I believed in. ;)

I was considering throwing out the name "Joo-hater Bigklan" earlier in the thread.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 04:37 PM
what if his last name was Hitler? you know, not related, but still born with that unfortunate last name?You know it's interesting that you would choose Hitler...

That's right: There was an elite SS brigade made up of Arab Muslims:

http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com/gallery/thumbnails/4-Husseini-nazi_jpg_jpg_jpg.jpg

The Grand Mufti meets Heinrich Himmler:

http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com/gallery/thumbnails/5-himmler_jpg_jpg_jpg.jpg

Chillin' with his homey, Adolph:

http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com/gallery/thumbnails/Husseini-Hilter-Berlin.jpg

They even had a cute little flag:

http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com/gallery/thumbnails/1-flag_jpg_jpg_jpg.jpg

Ever seen Storm Troopers bowing to Mecca? Now you have:

http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com/gallery/thumbnails/prayer_jpg_jpg_jpg.jpg

There's more under this scab than most Americans wish to believe.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 04:44 PM
Definitely for real.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 04:47 PM
http://www.tellchildrenthetruth.com/gallery/

http://stosstruppen39-45.tripod.com/id10.html

http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/2543

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 04:48 PM
Minutes of the meeting with Hitler and Husseini.

Source: Documents on German Foreign Policy 1918-1945, Series D, Vol XIII, London, 1964, pp.881 ff.

German Chancellor Adolf Hitler and Grand Mufti Haj Amin al-Husseini:
Zionism and the Arab Cause (November 28, 1941)

Haj Amin al-Husseini, the most influential leader of Palestinian Arabs, lived in Germany during the Second World War. He met Hitler, Ribbentrop and other Nazi leaders on various occasions and attempted to coordinate Nazi and Arab policies in the Middle East.
Record of the Conversation between the Fuhrer and the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem on November 28, 1941, in the Presence of Reich Foreign Minister and Minister Grobba in Berlin.

The Grand Mufti began by thanking the Fuhrer for the great honor he had bestowed by receiving him. He wished to seize the opportunity to convey to the Fuhrer of the Greater German Reich, admired by the entire Arab world, his thanks of the sympathy which he had always shown for the Arab and especially the Palestinian cause, and to which he had given clear expression in his public speeches. The Arab countries were firmly convinced that Germany would win the war and that the Arab cause would then prosper. The Arabs were Germany's natural friends because they had the same enemies as had Germany, namely the English, the Jews, and the Communists. Therefore they were prepared to cooperate with Germany with all their hearts and stood ready to participate in the war, not only negatively by the commission of acts of sabotage and the instigation of revolutions, but also positively by the formation of an Arab Legion. The Arabs could be more useful to Germany as allies than might be apparent at first glance, both for geographical reasons and because of the suffering inflicted upon them by the English and the Jews. Furthermore, they had had close relations with all Moslem nations, of which they could make use in behalf of the common cause. The Arab Legion would be quite easy to raise. An appeal by the Mufti to the Arab countries and the prisoners of Arab, Algerian, Tunisian, and Moroccan nationality in Germany would produce a great number of volunteers eager to fight. Of Germany's victory the Arab world was firmly convinced, not only because the Reich possessed a large army, brave soldiers, and military leaders of genius, but also because the Almighty could never award the victory to an unjust cause.
In this struggle, the Arabs were striving for the independence and unity of Palestine, Syria, and Iraq. They had the fullest confidence in the Fuhrer and looked to his hand for the balm on their wounds, which had been inflicted upon them by the enemies of Germany.
The Mufti then mentioned the letter he had received from Germany, which stated that Germany was holding no Arab territories and understood and recognized the aspirations to independence and freedom of the Arabs, just as she supported the elimination of the Jewish national home.
A public declaration in this sense would be very useful for its propagandistic effect on the Arab peoples at this moment. It would rouse the Arabs from their momentary lethargy and give them new courage. It would also ease the Mufti's work of secretly organizing the Arabs against the moment when they could strike. At the same time, he could give the assurance that the Arabs would in strict discipline patiently wait for the right moment and only strike upon an order form Berlin.
With regard to the events in Iraq, the Mufti observed that the Arabs in that country certainly had by no means been incited by Germany to attack England, but solely had acted in reaction to a direct English assault upon their honor.
The Turks, he believed, would welcome the establishment of an Arab government in the neighboring territories because they would prefer weaker Arab to strong European governments in the neighboring countries and, being themselves a nations of 7 million, they had moreover nothing to fear from the 1,700,000 Arabs inhabiting Syria, Transjordan, Iraq, and Palestine.
France likewise would have no objections to the unification plan because she had conceded independence to Syria as early as 1936 and had given her approval to the unification of Iraq and Syria under King Faisal as early as 1933.
In these circumstances he was renewing his request that the Fuhrer make a public declaration so that the Arabs would not lose hope, which is so powerful a force in the life of nations. With such hope in their hearts the Arabs, as he had said, were willing to wait. They were not pressing for immediate realization for their aspirations; they could easily wait half a year or a whole year. But if they were not inspired with such a hope by a declaration of this sort, it could be expected that the English would be the gainers from it.
The Fuhrer replied that Germany's fundamental attitude on these questions, as the Mufti himself had already stated, was clear. Germany stood for uncompromising war against the Jews. That naturally included active opposition to the Jewish national home in Palestine, which was nothing other than a center, in the form of a state, for the exercise of destructive influence by Jewish interests. Germany was also aware that the assertion that the Jews were carrying out the functions of economic pioneers in Palestine was a lie. The work there was done only by the Arabs, not by the Jews. Germany was resolved, step by step, to ask one European nation after the other to solve its Jewish problem, and at the proper time to direct a similar appeal to non-European nations as well.
Germany was at the present time engaged in a life and death struggle with two citadels of Jewish power: Great Britain and Soviet Russia. Theoretically there was a difference between England's capitalism and Soviet Russia's communism; actually, however, the Jews in both countries were pursuing a common goal. This was the decisive struggle; on the political plane, it presented itself in the main as a conflict between Germany and England, but ideologically it was a battle between National Socialism and the Jews. It went without saying that Germany would furnish positive and practical aid to the Arabs involved in the same struggle, because platonic promises were useless in a war for survival or destruction in which the Jews were able to mobilize all of England's power for their ends.
The aid to the Arabs would have to be material aid. Of how little help sympathies alone were in such a battle had been demonstrated plainly by the operation in Iraq, where circumstances had not permitted the rendering of really effective, practical aid. In spite of all the sympathies, German aid had not been sufficient and Iraq was overcome by the power of Britain, that is, the guardian of the Jews.
The Mufti could not but be aware, however, that the outcome of the struggle going on at present would also decide the fate of the Arab world. The Fuhrer therefore had to think and speak coolly and deliberately, as a rational man and primarily as a soldier, as the leader of the German and allied armies. Everything of a nature to help in this titanic battle for the common cause, and thus also for the Arabs, would have to be done. Anything however, that might contribute to weakening the military situation must be put aside, no matter how unpopular this move might be.
Germany was now engaged in very severe battles to force the gateway to the northern Caucasus region. The difficulties were mainly with regard to maintaining the supply, which was most difficult as a result of the destruction of railroads and highways as well as the oncoming winter. If at such a moment, the Fuhrer were to raise the problem of Syria in a declaration, those elements in France which were under de Gaulle's influence would receive new strength. They would interpret the Fuhrer's declaration as an intention to break up France's colonial empire and appeal to their fellow countrymen that they should rather make common cause with the English to try to save what still could be saved. A German declaration regarding Syria would in France be understood to refer to the French colonies in general, and that would at the present time create new troubles in western Europe, which means that a portion of the German armed forces would be immobilized in the west and no longer be available for the campaign in the east.
The Fuhrer then made the following statement to the Mufti, enjoining him to lock it in the uttermost depths of his heart:
1. He (the Fuhrer) would carry on the battle to the total destruction of the Judeo-Communist empire in Europe.
2. At some moment which was impossible to set exactly today but which in any event was not distant, the German armies would in the course of this struggle reach the southern exit from Caucasia.
3. As soon as this had happened, the Fuhrer would on his own give the Arab world the assurance that its hour of liberation had arrived. Germany's objective would then be solely the destruction of the Jewish element residing in the Arab sphere under the protection of British power. In that hour the Mufti would be the most authoritative spokesman for the Arab world. It would then be his task to set off the Arab operations, which he had secretly prepared. When that time had come, Germany could also be indifferent to French reaction to such a declaration.
Once Germany had forced open the road to Iran and Iraq through Rostov; it would be also the beginning of the end of the British World Empire. He (the Fuhrer) hoped that the coming year would make it possible for Germany to thrust open the Caucasian gate to the Middle East. For the good of their common cause, it would be better if the Arab proclamation were put off for a few more months than if Germany were to create difficulties for herself without being able thereby to help the Arabs.
He (the Fuhrer) fully appreciated the eagerness of the Arabs for a public declaration of the sort requested by the Grand Mufti. But he would beg him to consider that he (the Fuhrer) himself was the Chief of State of the German Reich for five long years during which he was unable to make to his own homeland the announcement of its liberation. He had to wait with that until the announcement could be made on the basis of a situation brought about by the force of arms that the Anschluss had been carried out.
The moment that Germany's tank divisions and air squadrons had made their appearance south of the Caucasus, the public appeal requested by the Grand Mufti could go out to the Arab world.
The Grand Mufti replied that it was his view that everything would come to pass just as the Fuhrer had indicated. He was fully reassured and satisfied by the words which he had heard form the Chief of the German State. He asked, however, whether it would not be possible, secretly at least, to enter into an agreement with Germany of the kind he had just outlined for the Fuhrer.
The Fuhrer replied that he had just now given the Grand Mufti precisely that confidential declaration.
The Grand Mufti thanked him for it and stated in conclusion that he was taking his leave from the Fuhrer in full confidence and with reiterated thanks for the interest shown in the Arab cause.
SCHMIDT

SoonerBOI
12/9/2007, 04:49 PM
No but it is hard for me to imagine that there are people whose political decisions would be informed by what Oprah thinks. Nevertheless, it is thus, and it is just one more reminder of how shallow and enamored of celebrity culture our country is. One's choice to support--or oppose-Mr. Obama should result from a careful analysis of his political positions, his actions as a legislator, and his character, to the extent that the final factor can ever truly be known. Like anyone else in the U.S., Oprah Winfrey has a constitutional and natural right to express her political views and campaign for a candidate whom she happens to admire. But it should be remembered that her opinions, ultimately, merit no greater deference or regard than anyone else's. She is a talk-show host, and presumably good at what she does. But she is not an intellectual, a policy scholar, or an accomplished public servant of any kind. If her public show of support for Obama awakens additional people to the merits of this man's candidacy (and there are many), so much the better. But the next step must be to then sit down and read about the man and learn what he stands for. It is the analytical aspect of political engagement that American voters prefer to skip. If we want to elect better leaders, we should set aside what celebrities think and try to do some thinking for ourselves.

Tailwind
12/9/2007, 04:52 PM
We're allowed to do that?

mdklatt
12/9/2007, 05:00 PM
That's right: There was an elite SS brigade made up of Arab Muslims

But the rest of them were Christian, right?

:pop:

King Crimson
12/9/2007, 05:03 PM
Walmarts? :confused: What are you a Target type? :O What that has to do with the price of tea in China, I have no idea.

You Democrats are sure touchy. I would be too if my top two contenders were Billary and Hussein Obama.

i'm not a democrat. never have been, never will be.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 05:05 PM
i'm not a democrat. never have been, never will be.Whatever dude.:rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 05:08 PM
But the rest of them were Christian, right?

:pop:Actually, Hitler was an atheist. He just used whatever propaganda fit to his goals.

If he was meeting with and planning world domination with the Pope, I'd be just as concerned.

If you look at the anti-American stuff being produced by the Muslims now and compare them to anti-Jewish stuff Hitler put out. They're almost identical.

King Crimson
12/9/2007, 05:11 PM
Whatever dude.:rolleyes:

maybe you should try harder.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 05:14 PM
maybe you should try harder.For what? Your input thus far isn't really worthy of comment. You just addressed me directly so I responded, as the proper course would be. I'll refrain from now on.

Cheers

mdklatt
12/9/2007, 05:15 PM
Actually, Hitler was an atheist.

So, all Muslims are to blame for an Arab SS brigade but a lone atheist is to blame for all the Christian Nazis. Got it.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 05:18 PM
So, all Muslims are to blame for an Arab SS brigade but a lone atheist is to blame for all the Christian Nazis. Got it.Very cute. There is a direct link to radical Islam and the previously mentioned Muslim SS unit. Bury your head or do some Reading' pal.

Frozen Sooner
Hitler was not an atheist and in fact condemned atheism.

Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith ...we need believing people.

- Adolf Hitler, April 26, 1933, speech made during negotiations leading to the Nazi-Vatican Concordant

We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.

- Adolf Hitler, Speech in Berlin, October 24, 1933

"In Freethinkers Hall, which before the Nazi resurgence was the national headquarters of the German Freethinkers League, the Berlin Protestant church authorities have opened a bureau for advice to the public in church matters. Its chief object is to win back former churchgoers and assist those who have not previously belonged to any religious congregation in obtaining church membership. The German Freethinkers League, which was swept away by the national revolution, was the largest of such organizations in Germany. It had about 500,000 members..."

- The New York Times, May 14, 1933, page 2, on Hitler's outlawing atheistic and freethinking groups in the Spring of 1933, after the Enabling Act authorizing Hitler to rule by decree

King Crimson
For what? Your input thus far isn't really worthy of comment. You just addressed me directly so I responded, as the proper course would be. I'll refrain from now on.

Cheers

you called me something i'm not as a dismissive "argument" that allows you to hold a very simplistic, reductive black/white view of politics.

when someone disagrees with you, they are clearly irrational.

happy trails.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 05:19 PM
You know it's interesting that you would choose Hitler...

http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com/gallery/thumbnails/4-Husseini-nazi_jpg_jpg_jpg.jpg

The Grand Mufti meets Heinrich Himmler:

http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com/gallery/thumbnails/5-himmler_jpg_jpg_jpg.jpg

Chillin' with his homey, Adolph:

http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com/gallery/thumbnails/Husseini-Hilter-Berlin.jpg

They even had a cute little flag:

http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com/gallery/thumbnails/1-flag_jpg_jpg_jpg.jpg

Ever seen Storm Troopers bowing to Mecca? Now you have:

http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com/gallery/thumbnails/prayer_jpg_jpg_jpg.jpg

There's more under this scab than most Americans wish to believe.There is a direct link to this, now. History tends to repeat itself.

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 05:21 PM
you called me something i'm not as a dismissive "argument" that allows you to hold a very simplistic, reductive black/white view of politics.

when someone disagrees with you, they are clearly irrational.

happy trails.Or simply, not as educated. Either way, I'm glad to part ways here.

Jerk
12/9/2007, 05:22 PM
i'm not a democrat. never have been, never will be.

Green Party?

CPUSA?

Whig Party?

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 05:23 PM
Green Party?

CPUSA?

Whig Party?RINO (Republican In Name Only), or Libertarian?:D

Curly Bill
12/9/2007, 05:27 PM
Can I vote against Obama because he's a liberal democrat...or would that make me bigoted against liberal democrats?

Jerk
12/9/2007, 05:44 PM
Can I vote against Obama because he's a liberal democrat...or would that make me bigoted against liberal democrats?

It makes you a racist, homophobic, bigoted unenlightened pinhead who can't see glories of the Socialist Revolution.

Power to the people!!!

Curly Bill
12/9/2007, 05:46 PM
It makes you a racist, homophobic, bigoted unenlightened pinhead who can't see glories of the Socialist Revolution.

Power to the people!!!

Yeah, I knew it before I even asked. ;) ;)

Jimminy Crimson
12/9/2007, 05:47 PM
Oprah gave me a free humpback whale.

Bless her!

Kels
12/9/2007, 05:52 PM
Hitler was Catholic in his upbringing, but decidedly anti-Christian in his beliefs by the time he entered politics. There has been quite a lot of scholarly examination of his religious perspective in the last 25 years. From all accounts, he was a classical Pagan who leaned heavily on spiritism for guidance. A real nut-job.

By the way, I've got The Underground coming this week from Netflix. Has anyone seen it?

Frozen Sooner
12/9/2007, 06:47 PM
He was un-Christian in his beliefs while tailoring his message to appeal to Catholics and Lutherans. However, yeah, I'd agree that he doesn't meet any good definition of a Christian, either. He definitely borrowed heavily from paganism and may have even been a practicing pagan at the time of his death.

He was, however, not an atheist. :D

1stTimeCaller
12/9/2007, 06:50 PM
from Oprah to Hitler, good job guys.

OCUDad
12/9/2007, 06:52 PM
Things you learn on the South Oval:

1. Obama would not make a good president because he's a Muslim and not Christian.
2. Romney would not make a good president because he's a Mormon and not Christian.
3. Huckabee would not make a good president because he's a nutjob for being TOO Christian.
4. Hitler would not make a good president because (a) he's a pagan and/or (b) he's dead.

Who needs a formal education when you have the South Oval? :D

jk the sooner fan
12/9/2007, 06:55 PM

spek

(do they even do that here anymore?)

Dio
12/9/2007, 06:57 PM
But they understand Senator Clinton will be tough to defeat. She can grab a sizable share of swing voters in the swing states.

Well, she is married to an expert on swinging

Big Red Ron
12/9/2007, 07:17 PM
Well, she is married to an expert on swingingBada Bing!

KaiserSooner
12/10/2007, 10:04 PM
When it comes to Muslims, yeah, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Replace "Muslims" with Japanese, and you have the government's excuse for throwing Japanese Americans into concentration camps in WW2.

Did you see Rick Santorum lecture at OU recently about the subject?

No. I trust Santorum's "knowledge" and opinion on Islam just as much as I trust his "knowledge" and opnion on Christianity. So glad to see the people of Pennsylvania throw that quack out of office last year.

Racist or not, in your estimation, Islam has a lot to prove to this agnostic before I support one to be president of the Good ol' US of A.

As a good agnostic, you should be distrustful of all organized religions, not just Islam.

Even so. As Mike has said...Obama isn't even a Muslim.

KaiserSooner
12/10/2007, 10:22 PM
You know it's interesting that you would choose Hitler...

There's more under this scab than most Americans wish to believe.

No there's not. How ridiculous, BRR. The Nazis had quite a bit of support in the Middle East, not because of some terrorist jihad against the U.S., but because of neo-colonial antipathy, to put it lightly, toward the British, French, & Russians. In other words, towards those who colonized the region, and who continued to exert undue influence in the region's economy. So it's no mind-bending jump for many in the region to want to support their enemy's enemy.

No conspiracy here, Islamic or otherwise. Perhaps we should set you on the trail of JFK's other assassin instead ;)

SoonerGirl06
12/10/2007, 10:26 PM
I think it's actually great that Oprah is supporting Obama. She's very influential among the female and black voters, which are two sections of the population that Hillary is trying to get.

Anything to make sure Hillary isn't elected President is okay in my book.

Curly Bill
12/10/2007, 10:33 PM
Anything to make sure Hillary isn't elected President is okay in my book.

...but you're a girl, and aren't all the girls supposed to support Hillary? ;)

SoonerGirl06
12/10/2007, 10:44 PM
Uh no. At least not THIS girl.

I will tell you this. There ain't enough valium in the world for me if Hillary makes it into the WH. Which is why I am perfectly fine with Oprah supporting Obama.

Curly Bill
12/10/2007, 10:48 PM
Uh no. At least not THIS girl.

I will tell you this. There ain't enough valium in the world for me if Hillary makes it into the WH. Which is why I am perfectly fine with Oprah supporting Obama.

I don't know many Hillary backers of either gender...course I don't hang out with people like that to start with. ;)

SoonerGirl06
12/10/2007, 10:53 PM
If it weren't for the MSM I don't think Hillary would have the spotlight she has now.

Obama is positioning himself pretty good right now with the right section of the population to get him the votes.

I honestly believe Hillary's flipflopping and Billary's checkered Presidency is eventually going to cost Hillary the Dem nomination.

Curly Bill
12/10/2007, 10:57 PM
If it weren't for the MSM I don't think Hillary would have the spotlight she has now.

Obama is positioning himself pretty good right now with the right section of the population to get him the votes.

I honestly believe Hillary's flipflopping and Billary's checkered Presidency is eventually going to cost Hillary the Dem nomination.

I think you could very well be right. It would give me great joy to see Hillary's run go up in flames, or down in flames...as long as there are flames involved. :P

SanJoaquinSooner
12/10/2007, 11:46 PM
you guys are crazy, wanting a liberal cokehead to get votes. the guy is not qualified to be president - I don't care what Oprah says.

SoonerGirl06
12/10/2007, 11:48 PM
I didn't say he was qualified to be President. I just said I want him to win the Democratic Nomination.

MamaMia
12/11/2007, 12:49 AM
I might have voted for her person but I just bought the Josh Groban's NOEL CD from a list of her favorites. It was just 'okay', so that proves that her picks may need some improvement. ;)

SoonerGirl06
12/11/2007, 07:40 AM
Really? I'm glad you said that Mama. I was planning to go buy it, but now that you've given me your opinion I don't think I will.

limey_sooner
12/11/2007, 08:02 AM
you guys are crazy, wanting a liberal cokehead to get votes. the guy is not qualified to be president - I don't care what Oprah says.

LOL. That's absolutely classic stuff considering the substance abuse history of our current commander and chief.

Jerk
12/11/2007, 08:53 AM
LOL. That's absolutely classic stuff considering the substance abuse history of our current commander and chief.
It's the 'liberal' part we have a problem with, not the 'cokehead' part :)

Curly Bill
12/11/2007, 08:55 AM
It's the 'liberal' part we have a problem with, not the 'cokehead' part :)

heh

SanJoaquinSooner
12/11/2007, 09:36 AM

I didn't vote for that cokehead either.:)

The Maestro
12/11/2007, 10:22 AM
Who is Ricki Lake backing? That's what I wanna know...

C&CDean
12/11/2007, 10:50 AM
Finally. A good old-fashioned, down to earth political thread on the SO. What makes it good is that there's none of the regular prime time players like Tuba and his lefty bookend scuba.

For the record, I wouldn't vote for Osama for a lot of reasons - his name and religious background being part of them. I wouldn't vote for Hillary for obvious reasons, and I honestly think that anybody who would needs an immediate pre-frontal lobotomy. Actually, I take that back. I think they've already had one. Richardson? Please. Edwards? Surely you jest.

I'll end up voting for one of the guys on the right side, but none of them are giving me wood either. Romney? That mormon **** scares me damn near as much as that muslim **** does. Gooliani? He shot his wad in NYC (and some other places I've heard). Thompson? Meh. Huckabee? Don't know enough about him to say.

There is a new candidate on the right side by the name of Curry. Black dude who went from a private to a general. He will be staying with some friends of ours in Norman while he tests the waters in Oklahoma and Tennessee. Check him out.

r5TPsooner
12/11/2007, 10:53 AM
I won't won't for him solely based on his alliance with Harpo.

soonerscuba
12/11/2007, 12:20 PM
Elections are gearing up: we have Dean calling me bizarro Tuba, comparisons to Hitler, Clinton committed treason, and people being related to terrorists on flimsy reasons. Where are the pictures of the WTC?

SleestakSooner
12/11/2007, 12:38 PM
Walmarts? :confused: What are you a Target type? :O What that has to do with the price of tea in China, I have no idea.

And the republicans have what? A practicing Mormon, a filandering "war hero" and a washed up actor. Oh and that baptist preacher from Arkie...

That doesn't even touch the public toilet loitering senators and reps that keep getting kicked out of the closet on the pubes side.

This election is going to be very interesting for sure. Neither side has a decent candidate AFAICT.

POT meet KETTLE :rolleyes:

SleestakSooner
12/11/2007, 12:48 PM
Actually, Hitler was an atheist. He just used whatever propaganda fit to his goals.

If he was meeting with and planning world domination with the Pope, I'd be just as concerned.

If you look at the anti-American stuff being produced by the Muslims now and compare them to anti-Jewish stuff Hitler put out. They're almost identical.

Well propaganda looks the same no matter what the source...

Sooner_Bob
12/11/2007, 01:18 PM
Many people actually give too much credence to what Oprah says . . . and that freakin' scares me.

soonerinabilene
12/11/2007, 01:19 PM
Google. Ron. Paul.

And with that, I have said all I want about this topic.

SleestakSooner
12/11/2007, 02:01 PM
Google. Ron. Paul.

And with that, I have said all I want about this topic.

ChildrenRonald "Ronnie" Paul, Jr.
Lori Paul Pyeatt
Randall "Rand" Paul
Robert Paul
Joy Paul-LeBlanc

looks like both of his daughters married Frenchmen... NEXT! ;)

MamaMia
12/11/2007, 03:24 PM
Really? I'm glad you said that Mama. I was planning to go buy it, but now that you've given me your opinion I don't think I will.
Would you like a list of my favorites? :D

MojoRisen
12/11/2007, 03:30 PM

Obama refused to respect the pledge of allegiance openly - how and why do people think they can be anti American and yet American leaders. I want you folks to know that Obama must think he is above the Flag that liberated this country to begin with and gives him the freedom to even run for President.

No muslims needed in the white house- and I don't care if that sounded anti semetric...

mdklatt
12/11/2007, 03:33 PM
This thread makes me weep that we have universal suffrage.

Curly Bill
12/11/2007, 03:34 PM

:pop: :D

Civicus_Sooner
12/11/2007, 04:25 PM
Me too. Imagine how many uneducated sheep are going to vote for Obama based entirely on Oprah's "endorsement?"

Civicus_Sooner
12/11/2007, 04:37 PM
Well propaganda looks the same no matter what the source...
Well to some degree I suppose but I've looked at some of the Muslim stuff and the whole octopus engulfing the world stuff looks like they just changed the name on the photo from Nazi to Jihad.

Ron's on to something here. I've been reading up on the connection of radical Islam and the Nazi party. Believe me, there are roots there. It's more than anti freedom stuff to. It's American support for Israel, something the Nazi's and the Muslims can agree on.

Those people (radical Islam) are bent on ending the world as we know it. Not just tinkering with the system to bring about change. They want us all to die.

Obama, all but admitted he's a sleeper cell to me when he refused to participate in the Pledge of Allegiance.

I'm a Thompson guy, maybe McCain or Rudy.

Frozen Sooner
12/11/2007, 04:59 PM
Anyone have a credible link to this story about Barack Obama refusing to join in the pledge of allegiance, or is this just another e-mail deal?

And for the love of Pete, Barack Obama is not now nor has he ever been a practicing Muslim. Not that it would necessarily disqualify someone from holding office (you might want to look up the Bill of Rights as how it pertains to religious tests for holding office) but if you're going to decide not to vote for someone, you might as well as do it for actual reasons intead of fabricated ones.

You know, like someone improperly leaking information to the Nixon defense team.

SoonerProphet
12/11/2007, 05:01 PM
http://pictures.deadlycomputer.com/d/16690-2/tinfoil.jpg

Civicus_Sooner
12/11/2007, 05:07 PM
http://albanysinsanity.wnymedia.net/blogs/files/2007/10/obama-no-patriot.jpg

Pricetag
12/11/2007, 05:08 PM
What makes it good is that there's none of the regular prime time players like Tuba
I thought BRR was doing his best Tuba impression what with the posting of the photos and then quoting of his own photos later in the thread.

Civicus_Sooner
12/11/2007, 05:13 PM
I thought BRR was doing his best Tuba impression what with the posting of the photos and then quoting of his own photos later in the thread.
Maybe he thought the band was incomplete without a Tuba.

;)

Frozen Sooner
12/11/2007, 05:40 PM
http://albanysinsanity.wnymedia.net/blogs/files/2007/10/obama-no-patriot.jpg

Awesome picture. Of course, there's no caption or context, so I have no idea what it's supposed to be of.

Credible news link stating that Barack Obama refused to make the pledge of allegiance, please.

And no, a picture from "Albany Insanity" doesn't really cut it. Hell, Czar could make that same picture with you in it in about five secons.

Civicus_Sooner
12/11/2007, 05:45 PM
Awesome picture. Of course, there's no caption or context, so I have no idea what it's supposed to be of.

Credible news link stating that Barack Obama refused to make the pledge of allegiance, please.

And no, a picture from "Albany Insanity" doesn't really cut it. Hell, Czar could make that same picture with you in it in about five secons.It's authentic but it turns out it's during the national anthem, which of course is still bad form for a Presidential candidate.

I'm sure you research it and find out it's no fark.

soonerscuba
12/11/2007, 05:47 PM
Mike, this one is actually true.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

mdklatt
12/11/2007, 05:48 PM

What I heard was that he doesn't think you're supposed to put your hand to your heart during the pledge of allegiance; that is, that's not how he was taught to do it. Isn't he also the one who didn't want to wear a flag pin on his lapel? I'm sure the majority of people in the Fock that scream "home of the SOONERS" are completely bent out of shape by all this. :rolleyes:

Civicus_Sooner
12/11/2007, 05:50 PM
"During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart." — United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171

Since they all have their backs to the flag, they're all commies. ;)

Frozen Sooner
12/11/2007, 05:51 PM
Actually, that was the way I was taught to stand during the National Anthem as well and tht you only held your hand over your heart if you uncovered. I was recently informed otherwise and began standing with my hand over my heart.

Kels
12/11/2007, 05:52 PM
Or maybe there is something more troubling here that should be examined more closely. Why so quick to write this off? If there's nothing to it, fine.

Civicus_Sooner
12/11/2007, 05:53 PM
Actually, that was the way I was taught to stand during the National Anthem as well and tht you only held your hand over your heart if you uncovered. I was recently informed otherwise and began standing with my hand over my heart.
You crazy Alaskans.

The Maestro
12/11/2007, 06:09 PM
What I heard was that he doesn't think you're supposed to put your hand to your heart during the pledge of allegiance; that is, that's not how he was taught to do it.

Well, considering his name and heritage, he should be doing everything in the world to look as patriotic as heck...just from a P.R. standpoint. To simply say, "That's not how I was taught" knowing his dad has a past that leaves some uneasy means he should not be trying to swing American voters his way, but he should swing there way. What if he had been taught to pick his nose during the anthem? Does the excuse work then...or just make him a Missouri quarterback candidate?

mdklatt
12/11/2007, 06:10 PM
Actually, that was the way I was taught to stand during the National Anthem as well and tht you only held your hand over your heart if you uncovered.

But you're always supposed to take your hat off during the national anthem (civilians), so....

mdklatt
12/11/2007, 06:16 PM
Well, considering his name and heritage, he should be doing everything in the world to look as patriotic as heck...just from a P.R. standpoint.

The people that are going to make the biggest deal out of this aren't going vote for him no matter what, so maybe he's trying to worry about stuff that really matters. Putting your hand over your heart isn't going to fix Iraq or the health care system. I'm sure there are better reasons to not vote for him than this. Tempest in a teapot, but that's what politics is about anymore.

Frozen Sooner
12/11/2007, 06:21 PM
But you're always supposed to take your hat off during the national anthem (civilians), so....

Contrary to 1930's Emily Post books, it is now considered proper for a man to go out in public without wearing a hat. ;)

I worded what I said poorly: it was my understanding that you only covered your heart if you removed your hat. No hat, then stand attentively.

MojoRisen
12/11/2007, 07:18 PM
I am just really growing tired of all the Politics in Public Schools and the melting Pot - BS about not having to say the pledge of allegiance because it is under GOD and or suspending kids because they talk about Jesus as a leader etc- but we can talk about Mohomed and anyone else- why the attack on American Christians these days....

BS - anti American Nazi - Muslims ....

Pricetag
12/11/2007, 07:28 PM
Maybe Obama was just trying to cover a massive erection or something.

SoonerGirl06
12/11/2007, 08:35 PM
Would you like a list of my favorites? :D

I would actually, because anyone who has Mickey and Minnie Mouse as their avatar has to be someone with good taste. :D

SoonerGirl06
12/11/2007, 08:38 PM
Me too. Imagine how many uneducated sheep are going to vote for Obama based entirely on Oprah's "endorsement?"

Hopefully more than the ones voting for Hillary. ;)

SoonerGirl06
12/11/2007, 08:40 PM
but if you're going to decide not to vote for someone, you might as well as do it for actual reasons intead of fabricated ones.

You know, like someone improperly leaking information to the Nixon defense team.

... or illegally obtaining FBI files.

Jerk
12/11/2007, 08:43 PM
...or trading rocket and GPS technology to China in exchange for campaign cash.

Curly Bill
12/11/2007, 08:47 PM
I kind of liked the pardoning of long-time fugitive Marc Rich due to his wife's monetary contributions.

Frozen Sooner
12/11/2007, 08:49 PM
... or illegally obtaining FBI files.

Or refusing to properly equip first responders, sending them into harm's way, then taking credit for being there and on the scene helping when you actually weren't.

Unrelated to SG06's post:

Seriously, there's plenty of reasons to not vote for Barack Obama. I'd have serious reservations about voting for him in the general election and I certainly wouldn't in the primary. That being said, the accusations people make against him are boderline hysterical.

Does anyone SERIOUSLY believe that a candidate for President would intentionally do something that they felt the vast majority of people would find unpatriotic? I'm not talking about refusing to wear a trite little lapel pin, I'm talking about intentional disrespect for our national anthem. You SERIOUSLY believe that someone who's viably running for president would be that clueless about what it takes to get elected?

I don't know what else the guy has to do to convince people he's not Muslim (though that he SHOULD have to isn't something I really agree with anyhow.) The guy goes to a Christian church. He's said that the most inspirational person in his life is his pastor. It's not like he changed his name from Todd Smith to Barack Obama-that's the name he was given when he was born. Hell, he went by Barry for most of his formative years!

Frozen Sooner
12/11/2007, 08:50 PM
I kind of liked the pardoning of long-time fugitive Mark Rich due to his wife's monetary contributions.

Or pardoning a guy who raped Bill Clinton's cousin so he could go out and kill a couple of people.

Though I am confused-which one of the current field of candidate pardoned Mark Rich?

And no, he's no relation. My name is an anglicized version of Reich. He's from an offshoot of the Woolrich family, I believe.

SoonerGirl06
12/11/2007, 08:57 PM
Can any one legitimately say that there's a candidate on either side of the political spectrum that truly stands out?

As a conservative voter, I have to say that I am disappointed with the choice of candidates the Republican party is offering at this time and will probably end up voting for the candidate most likely to beat the Democratic nominee.

As a conservative voter I am going to hope and pray that any one but Hillary gets the Democratic nomination because I'm not sure if any of our candidates could beat her in the general election. At least not at the rate they're going now.

Who knows what the next few months will bring.

Curly Bill
12/11/2007, 09:02 PM
Though I am confused-which one of the current field of candidate pardoned Mark Rich?

This would be Hillary when she was co-president with Bill. ;)

Frozen Sooner
12/11/2007, 09:02 PM
Actually, I think the latest Zogby shows Obama beating any of the Republicans and Hillary losing to any of them, but I could be mistaken on that.

But yeah, I have to say that as someone who's becoming more liberal over time that the Dem field is kind of disappointing. The only guy who I think is qualified is a serious underdog who can't seem to project any charisma. The Republican field is a big bag of "meh." I guess Romney is the one I'd go with on that side-any Republican who can effectively govern Massachusetts has got to have SOMETHING right. Plus, he actually figured out a way to make universal health insurance workable for the time being.

Curly Bill
12/11/2007, 09:11 PM

Denise Rich, the ex-wife, donated $450,000 to the Clinton presidential library fund, and $70,000 to the Senate campaign of Hillary Clinton. I'm sure those donations, including the $70,000 to Hillary's senate race, had nothing to do with the ex-hubby being pardoned though. :rolleyes:

SoonerGirl06
12/11/2007, 09:27 PM
Actually, I think the latest Zogby shows Obama beating any of the Republicans and Hillary losing to any of them, but I could be mistaken on that.

But yeah, I have to say that as someone who's becoming more liberal over time that the Dem field is kind of disappointing. The only guy who I think is qualified is a serious underdog who can't seem to project any charisma. The Republican field is a big bag of "meh." I guess Romney is the one I'd go with on that side-any Republican who can effectively govern Massachusetts has got to have SOMETHING right. Plus, he actually figured out a way to make universal health insurance workable for the time being.

To be quite honest, I'd rather have Obama in the WH than Hillary.

I don't think the country can withstand 4 years of her and Billary in the Oval Office again.

I'm very disappointed in Thompson. I had hoped he'd come out full throttle, but his campaign has been nothing but lack luster and blah.

Guiliani - I haven't quite figured out. There's just something about his constant comparison of what he did for NYC he can do for the US that just grates on my nerves and quite honestly doesn't provide me with the information that I want to hear from a Presidential candidate.

Ron Paul is just plain out there and how he's even still in the race let alone the debates is beyond me.

McCain is the same ol' same ol'.

Romney is too busy pointing fingers IMO.

Huckabee believe it or not has my ears perked. However I do have my hesitations about him as well.

Tancredo can't seem to get his message out there enough which I feel is hurting his campaign, otherwise I think he'd have a slight chance.

MojoRisen
12/11/2007, 09:29 PM
Gulianni or Mccain - I guess

Or both vs

Obama "I don't say the pledge of allegiance" and Hillary I will change health care as the first wife- because I am right and you are wrong.

It tis a boring race this term-