PDA

View Full Version : Jayhawkers vs. Hookies

CORNholio
12/8/2007, 11:45 PM
Does KU have a chance? Would love to see Mandingo represent with a KU upset but don't think it is possible. Jayhawks have to much ground to make up in the talent department IMHO. Thoughts.....

sooner59
12/9/2007, 12:23 AM
I think they do have a chance. KU has a very good defense. VT has an average offense. KU has the advantage. VT has the advantage on defense against KU's offense. I cant go with Beamer ball after the BC game, that was horrible. I just think that KU plays inspired since they have not been in a game this big.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/9/2007, 01:16 AM
Kansas is a sentimental favorite for me (watched their starting tight end, Derek Fine, play high school ball in Sallisaw), but you have to wonder how they can do in a game of this magnitude. They can't afford to dig an early hole like they did against Mizzou.

Crucifax Autumn
12/9/2007, 03:19 AM
I think Kansas is gonna take 'em. They'll be pretty motivated to prove they deserve to be there and besides...VT is extremely overrated and I personally think they'll implode in the game as they discover that 3rd best in the Big 12 is better than anyone else they've faced.

yermom
12/9/2007, 07:50 AM
i don't think i'd compare KU to LSU

but i think they have a chance, they will have to play better than they did against Mizzou in the first half though...

boomersooner28
12/9/2007, 08:58 AM
With the way this season has played out, Kansas by 30. Take it to the bank.

RedstickSooner
12/9/2007, 09:02 AM
I'm favoring Kansas, mostly because Virginia Tech has looked like absolute *** in every game I've watched them play, other than the Virginia game. Now, admittedly, I haven't watched 'em play a *ton* of games... And I haven't really watched Kansas at all.

So my confidence is low on this one. I just think VaTech is awful this year -- and way overrated. While Kansas is really mostly a dark horse. Could be great, could be awful. Who knows?

85sooners
12/9/2007, 10:44 AM
I cant go with Beamer ball after the BC game, that was horrible. . thats right **** beamer ball its a joke!!

OU-HSV
12/9/2007, 10:50 AM
They definitely have a chance. I won't be surprised at all to see them win.

Blues1
12/9/2007, 12:14 PM
Going With Kansas all the way - Make The Big 8 Proud -- Even the Big 12.... :)
Let all the eastern teams Go Down....!!!

Blitzkrieg
12/9/2007, 01:54 PM
Venables says he tivos every Va tech game because he like to copy their bloitzes, claims Bud Foster is the best in the game at scheming.

I think if Reesing doesn't implode early like he did against MU, he can gets his seas legs under him and take on the Va tech blitz and start burning them.

I'd have loved a MU/Va tech KU/ArkNsaw matchup instead. That would have been more intriguing.

BTW, the Big 12 looks like they could roll this year in bowl games, I like almost all the matchups, aTm, Ku, Texas and MU have the toughest draws in that order. I like us, Okie Lite, and Tech to roll big.

AlbqSooner
12/9/2007, 05:00 PM
If Mandingo gives 'em all he's got they will scream for mercy. I saw a couple of his films. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
12/9/2007, 05:20 PM
I dont see any reason why KU can't win..

KantoSooner
12/10/2007, 12:09 AM
The Fightin' Manginos will win by 2 tds.

tulsaoilerfan
12/10/2007, 12:31 AM
I have seen Va Tech several times, and i'm not impressed with them; KU should win by at least 10 points if they play like they are capable of playing

insuranceman_22
12/10/2007, 01:43 AM
VT has a very athletic defense. Offense is sporadic, but their D is good. Kansas will have to play well to win......that said, I'm pulling hard for the Mangino's and think they'll win a close game......something like 20-17.