PDA

View Full Version : The Heisman Trophy Presentation

Octavian
12/8/2007, 08:07 PM
ESPN has already shown Sims and Owens along with many former winners...they're on the stage with the four finalists.

Good to see an OU presence at the Presentation even though we don't have a finalist.

Looks like its gonna be a close call between Tebow and McFadden. Both had excellent years.

Octavian
12/8/2007, 08:15 PM
Too bad its not still at the Downtown Athletic Club, but they've made the stage look very sharp.

bluedogok
12/8/2007, 08:20 PM
I am watching the 2007 Isle of Man TT in Review, much better than watching them blow Tebow for 2 hours.

SoonerBOI
12/8/2007, 08:23 PM
Chase Daniel looked stiff in his suit.:D

Reggie Bush, booooooooooo.

85sooners
12/8/2007, 08:28 PM
billy sims will yell booooooooooooooomer!!!!!!!!!

outuba
12/8/2007, 08:28 PM
It is sad to see all of these stats (Passing Efficiency) they show for Tebow, Brennan and Daniel and know that Sam Bradford is higher than all of them. Corso oogled over Daniel and his stats (33 TD's and 10 INT) but Bradford had 34 TD and 7 INT. What gives?

47Wins
12/8/2007, 08:34 PM
Proud to say that my son (OU grad) is there, he was shown coming in with Tebow on Sports center and at the first of the show. Hopefully we'll see him some more tonight. We're all lifelong OU fans but tonight we cheer for Tebow.

KHS Sooner
12/8/2007, 08:37 PM
Tebow has it won.

Boomer.....
12/8/2007, 08:38 PM
I hope not. Give it to D Mac.

ratherthanlater
12/8/2007, 08:43 PM
A six pack says the controller Chase was using has a booger on it.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/8/2007, 08:43 PM
(yawn)Tebow is getting old, like Notre Dame. Give it to D Mac already.

sooner59
12/8/2007, 08:46 PM
Im still holding out hoping that they retroactively give it to Adrian Peterson. Then they announce that the trophy handed to Peterson previously belonged to Reggie Bush and that Adrian deserved it more. I know that Leinart got it when AD finished second, but it would be sweeter if they gave him Bush's. I would LOL and make a t-shirt.

Fiatil
12/8/2007, 08:53 PM

He did it! Wooh!

Newbomb Turk

gotta give ya spek.

SoonerBOI

Indeed!

ratherthanlater
12/8/2007, 08:56 PM
Did he just say he loves being gayer?

BudSooner
12/8/2007, 08:57 PM
Yawn, like we didn't see this coming.

Tiptonsooner
12/8/2007, 08:58 PM
Did he even breathe once during that speech?

He needs to slow down.

47Wins
12/8/2007, 08:58 PM
I know everyone is a little, or a lot, tired of Tebow but I'm pleased for him. I know how much work went on behind the scenes to help.

sooner59
12/8/2007, 09:14 PM
They both deserved it. I kinda wish run-dmc could have won it b/c he is a SR. but im not going to hate on Tebow for being a SOPH. AD should have won is has a FRESH. Anytime people vote for who they think is the best player and not just for the upper classman, it is fine with me.

outuba
12/8/2007, 09:20 PM
McFadden is a Junior.

Widescreen
12/8/2007, 09:31 PM
I wish Billy would keep his yap shut. He was the only one that felt the need to draw attention to himself.

Soonerfan88
12/8/2007, 09:38 PM
I'm a big fan of McFadden but the only reason I would have voted him #1 this season is because he was cheated out of it last season. The Troy Smith win last year was a complete joke. And it's hard to win any award standing on the sideline so Nutt can take the blame for any lack McFadden had this year.

At some point, the idiotic pattern has to be broken and finally a deserving soph won it. Maybe in the future, guys like McFadden won't be forced to hope for a "body of work" vote to make up for truly great seasons as an underclassman.

sooner59
12/8/2007, 10:00 PM
McFadden is a Junior.

True. Good call.....bad call on my part. But he's pretty much a senior since he is leaving early.

SteelClip49
12/8/2007, 10:34 PM
Paul Smith of Tulsa had better numbers than Tebow.

Petro-Sooner
12/8/2007, 11:37 PM
I wish Billy would keep his yap shut. He was the only one that felt the need to draw attention to himself.

I could expand on this post but I'll let it be. :cool: :texan: ;)

Flagstaffsooner
12/8/2007, 11:50 PM
Nobody should make fun of Jason White's suit or Gundy's hair after that speed freek's acceptance speach.

Big Red Ron
12/8/2007, 11:56 PM
so, who won?

BudSooner
12/8/2007, 11:59 PM
Wasn't Caught thats for sure.

SoonerObsession
12/9/2007, 12:15 AM
It's easy to not want Tebow to win because ESPN is constantly sniffing his jock strap, but he really does seem to be genuinely nice kid with major talent. I'm glad he won.

Breadburner
12/9/2007, 12:17 AM
Paul Smith of Tulsa had better numbers than Tebow.

What do you think Tebows numbers would be in the WAC.......

goingoneight
12/9/2007, 12:44 AM
Better a Gator than some whorn, domer, condom or aggy of any sort. Congrats to TT, but we all know who the best QB in the nation was this year, and he's in teh OKC, enjoying his conference championship. How many of those guys have one of those again?

Octavian
12/9/2007, 12:57 AM
I would've voted for McFadden. He carried Arkansas on his back again and got them to the Cotton Bowl....and they definitely wouldn't have made it to a Jan. 1 bowl without him. IMO he's just been another level than everyone else.

But the Tebow vote is completely understandable. He didn't have the signature victory I'd like to see in a Heisman winning quarterback.....but the 20/20 stat is very impressive and if he was playing for OU, I'd be arguing his case.

Close race....congrats to Tebow.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/9/2007, 01:07 AM
I would've voted for McFadden. He carried Arkansas on his back again and got them to the Cotton Bowl....and they definitely wouldn't have made it to a Jan. 1 bowl without him. IMO he's just been another level than everyone else.

But the Tebow vote is completely understandable. He didn't have the signature victory I'd like to see in a Heisman winning quarterback.....but the 20/20 stat is very impressive and if he was playing for OU, I'd be arguing his case.

Close race....congrats to Tebow.
Agreed, and watch as McFadden becomes the next Marshall Faulk and Tebow becomes the next Geno Torretta.

Crucifax Autumn
12/9/2007, 03:28 AM
I just think it's sad that actual ability and results seem to have so little to do with who wins. When we have guys that are better year in and year out than the winner it just proves that the Heisman has become pretty dumb.

I will say this though, at least this year they decided to go with someone who isn't a "sure" NFL star the way they have done a lot recently. This IS supposed to award the BEST COLLEGE PLAYER.

Too bad Sam doesn't run really fast and have a terrible offensive line, he'd have been the front runner!

pott_2
12/9/2007, 03:50 AM
Agreed, and watch as McFadden becomes the next Marshall Faulk and Tebow becomes the next Geno Torretta.

...or the next Ryan Leaf.

colleyvillesooner
12/9/2007, 03:57 AM
It's easy to not want Tebow to win because ESPN is constantly sniffing his jock strap, but he really does seem to be genuinely nice kid with major talent. I'm glad he won.

I agree. I liked the way he put God first when he spoke. He was obviously nervous the way he sped through his speech.

boomersooner28
12/9/2007, 04:12 AM
Chase Daniel got 25 1st place votes!?!? :eek:

Crap, wonder if I got a vote somewhere?

yermom
12/9/2007, 07:42 AM
I just think it's sad that actual ability and results seem to have so little to do with who wins. When we have guys that are better year in and year out than the winner it just proves that the Heisman has become pretty dumb.

I will say this though, at least this year they decided to go with someone who isn't a "sure" NFL star the way they have done a lot recently. This IS supposed to award the BEST COLLEGE PLAYER.

Too bad Sam doesn't run really fast and have a terrible offensive line, he'd have been the front runner!

you mean like Troy Smith or Eric Crouch?

if you guys think Bradford's stats are better than Tebow's then you are on something, btw

sure, his passing stats are better, but only marginally. but when you combine that with him setting the record for rushing TD's in the SEC (including RBs such as Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Emmit Smith, etc...) he had an amazing season.

Sam Bradford did have better stats in in the W-L column though. and certainly deserved to be there over Chase

oh, and Run DMC? that's awesome :D

RedstickSooner
12/9/2007, 07:53 AM
I still don't see how the QB on a 3 loss team deserves the Heisman.

QB is the team's leader. Leaders don't lose 3 games -- not if they're the best in the land.

Just my humble opinion.

But, at least they didn't award it to that gimpy defensive lineman at LSU that decided to forego a top-10 draft day to come drink the Les Miles kool-aid. I hope Dorsey's draft stock plummets on injury concerns.

Any coach that talks a first-round junior into sticking around for his senior year is a bastage who doesn't care one whit about his players. Who only cares about winning.

Man, I hate Miles.

OU-HSV
12/9/2007, 08:13 AM
I agree. I liked the way he put God first when he spoke. He was obviously nervous the way he sped through his speech.
It was a crazy fast speech, he started out about normal talking speed...but it was like a few sentences into it....he lost control and was talking 1000 m.p.h., it was kind of entertaining.
But he seems like a good respectable guy and if you look past the speedy style of his speech, he gave a good speech. Congrats to Tebow.
Now here's to Sam winning it next year!

goingoneight
12/9/2007, 10:53 PM
The thing I tell everyone about Tebow is that the biggest difference between him and everyone else out there is he is a "run-first" stereotyped guy. Everyone loads up to stop him and tried to make him beat them throwing. This year, he did that. Most of his great throws were when he did that little lean thingy or play-fakes some kind of run in which the defense always bit on.

Now, am I saying he's not good? Hell, no. But, as long as you can complete a pass, you can run that "wild hawg" or whatever it is they call it. Tebow throws the ball like a quarterback should, therefore the "wild hawg" works better for him. It's a triple option play if you watch it. Any quarterback who is an established running threat can do it. Some of course, better than others. Vince Young, Ryan Perriloux, Tebow, Michael Vick and to a certain extent Eric Crounch (though his was more of a traditional option-based offense) all ran that formation. There's a big play "option" on every snap if your defense isn't at it's best. The better the bootleg (play-fake), the better the oppurtunity to make a big play most of the time.

Now... let's take a pole... who here thinks ESPN has a major hard-on for making Tebow a two-time winnar ala Archie Griffin next year? Hell, I'll bet they even bring up Billy just to poke fun at us for not getting two-in-a-row.