PDA

View Full Version : Hey Rhino...

Collier11
12/8/2007, 04:57 PM
...or anyone else with good insight, how will our seniors do in the draft? I am certainly no expert but this is what I see happening, what do you think?

Lewis Baker- his versatility gives him a shot with a good workout 6th, 7th, or FA

Walker- If the shoulders test Ok, he should get drafterd 5th-7th

JJ Finley- 7th to FA

D. Williams- FA

Patrick- Kiper loves the guy, if he has a good workout he could be 2nd-3rd.

anyone else have a shot?

sooner2b09
12/8/2007, 04:59 PM
Your forgetting that Bradford will be the first pick. Oh what? oh yeah he just plays like a 5th year senior :D

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2007, 06:07 PM
D J may get a free agent try...little small for safety but may get a look anyway

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2007, 06:08 PM
If LB runs a good 40 then he ll be a late rounder as well as Marcus...Marcus needs to run a sub 4.5

I should have the info on who will be a combine invite soon

Crucifax Autumn
12/9/2007, 06:19 AM
DJ will go high....he's a lock to be a big NFL star, only question being what position they'll use him. He's a great athlete and great tem player and NFL teams need guys that will do whatever is asked to better the team.

boomersooner28
12/9/2007, 07:07 AM
DJ will go high....he's a lock to be a big NFL star, only question being what position they'll use him. He's a great athlete and great tem player and NFL teams need guys that will do whatever is asked to better the team.

Is my sarcasm detector broken or did I miss the crack sale at Walgreens? :D ;)

RedstickSooner
12/9/2007, 07:46 AM
What about Lofton?

Do we know how seriously, if at all, he's considering declaring as a Junior?

I mean, I know the post starting this thread specified seniors... But I'm still curious what everyone else thinks.

I'd hate to see him leave early, but if it's in his best interest, then I'll support him in it.

Shneeg11
12/9/2007, 02:25 PM
What about Lofton?

Do we know how seriously, if at all, he's considering declaring as a Junior?

I mean, I know the post starting this thread specified seniors... But I'm still curious what everyone else thinks.

I'd hate to see him leave early, but if it's in his best interest, then I'll support him in it.

Lofton's quote was something along the lines of, I'm just putting my name in to see if I am a first round pick (may have said second too), and if I am not where I want to be, then I'll be back for my senior year. He said some other stuff, and then said, so I'll probably be back next year

85sooners
12/9/2007, 02:41 PM
:(

Curly Bill
12/9/2007, 02:47 PM
Lofton's quote was something along the lines of, I'm just putting my name in to see if I am a first round pick (may have said second too), and if I am not where I want to be, then I'll be back for my senior year. He said some other stuff, and then said, so I'll probably be back next year

I got no problem with this. If someone has the real possibility of being a 1st round pick I think they owe it to themselves to see if it's true. That being said I don't know if Lofton's body of work is enough to guarantee a 1st round selection...meaning he was awesome this year, but this is the first year he's been that, the NFL may need to see him do it for more then one year to earn himself a high draft pick.

Collier11
12/9/2007, 03:19 PM
I got no problem with this. If someone has the real possibility of being a 1st round pick I think they owe it to themselves to see if it's true. That being said I don't know if Lofton's body of work is enough to guarantee a 1st round selection...meaning he was awesome this year, but this is the first year he's been that, the NFL may need to see him do it for more then one year to earn himself a high draft pick.

this is what most juniors do, because this allows them to know what they need to work on as well

Rhino
12/9/2007, 04:37 PM
Patrick - late 2nd / early 3rd
M.Walker - 5th - 7th
Wolfe - 7th or undrafted
Finley - 7th or undrafted
Hartley - 7th or undrafted

D.Williams - undrafted
Coleman - undrafted
Baker - undrafted
Dotson - undrafted
D.Pleasant - undrafted
Gutierrez - undrafted
Zaslaw - undrafted

If they come out early:
Kelly - late 1st
Robinson - early / mid 2nd
Smith - early / mid 2nd
Lofton - early / mid 2nd
Loadholt - late 2nd / early 3rd
Harris - mid 3rd

stoops the eternal pimp
12/9/2007, 04:40 PM
Lofton has stated he s only coming out for a top 15 pick which means he's more than likely gonna be back...

Collier11
12/9/2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks and thanks guys! Keep the updates coming as we get closer to the draft!

KantoSooner
12/9/2007, 07:36 PM
I don't think Patrick goes before the fifth. Too many good rbs this year for him to crack higher. Wish him well, though.

Collier11
12/9/2007, 08:03 PM
considering he was the #1 senior rb preseason and has had a pretty good year considering he has shared carries 3 ways on a passing team. I think he could be 2nd-3rd but we will see.

Curly Bill
12/9/2007, 08:05 PM
I'd say the 2nd or 3rd for AP. JMO

...if it's the 2nd I'm saying late 2nd.

Boomer.....
12/9/2007, 08:40 PM
I was thinking that Lofton would go mid to late 1st round.

XingTheRubicon
12/9/2007, 08:51 PM
AP reminds me a lot of Garrison Hearst out of Georgia. He could be a steal for someone.

Rhino
12/9/2007, 11:18 PM
I don't think Patrick goes before the fifth. Too many good rbs this year for him to crack higher. Wish him well, though. More then likely, he's a third rounder. But scouts will love that he's a maniac on special teams. That'll give him an edge over similar RBs with little to no special team experience.

I was thinking that Lofton would go mid to late 1st round. Lofton is anywhere from the 6th to 9th best ILB in the draft, assuming Laurinaitis, Maualuga, Beckwith and Mayo come out. If Laurinaitis and/or Maualuga don't come out, then I'll be scared of losing him early. But, Laurinaitis is a top five guy and Maualuga is a top 15 guy - so I doubt either stays.

goingoneight
12/9/2007, 11:40 PM
Hartley may have struggled this year (early), but he's got a killer leg on his kickoffs, and we all know about his 70-yarders and the big numbers he's put up throughout his time here. He'll make big kicker cash, and he's not afraid to cover the KO, too like a lot of other pansy kickers who whiff intentionally "to stay healthy."

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2007, 11:19 AM
There are a couple of scouts I talked to over the weekend that say Patrick may get drafted and moved back to a DB..They feel like as a RB he's JAG (Just a Guy) and would be a better DB than RB.

Curly Bill
12/10/2007, 12:17 PM
Hartley may have struggled this year (early), but he's got a killer leg on his kickoffs, and we all know about his 70-yarders and the big numbers he's put up throughout his time here. He'll make big kicker cash, and he's not afraid to cover the KO, too like a lot of other pansy kickers who whiff intentionally "to stay healthy."

I think Hartley has an excellent shot at making it in the league...and even a shot at being drafted late.

PLaw
12/10/2007, 10:59 PM

Ditto. Besides, kids come to OU to prepare for that next step.

OU could break new ground with a new degree plan with a BA in Professional Sports Management. Curriculum would center on public relations, business law and management.

BOOMER