PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 title game outdraws Sec game in ratings

Blitzkrieg
12/8/2007, 01:39 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jeffrey_flanagan/story/393570.html

But of course, the SEc is better, at everything, in the world.

85sooners
12/8/2007, 01:58 PM
:texan:

sooner2b09
12/8/2007, 02:20 PM
But of course, the SEc is better, at everything, in the world.

Well of course, I mean if ESPN says they are the best then they HAVE to be. :rolleyes:

jage
12/8/2007, 03:14 PM
but...but...kirk herbsh!t told me that the Michigan v. Ohio State game was the best matchup of the year! :confused:

:rolleyes:

CORNholio
12/8/2007, 11:38 PM
Who wouldn't want to see a team that got stroked by a 6-loss Cal team versus a team that should've lost 4 games this season for all the marbles in the "World's greatest conference"?:rolleyes:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/8/2007, 11:48 PM
Who wouldn't want to see a team that got stroked by a 6-loss Cal team versus a team that should've lost 4 games this season for all the marbles in the "World's greatest conference"?:rolleyes:Hear Hear-Beautifully said!

RedstickSooner
12/9/2007, 08:17 AM
C'mon - a lot of years, our Big-12 championship game sucks serious eggs.

The north hasn't produced a quality opponent in years, until now. Doesn't mean they haven't snuck in a win or two -- but most years, the North has been a team that didn't come close to deserving to be in the game. SEC *usually* is more competitive in their championship game than we are.

Ain't no big thang. No reason to really care, IMHO.

OUMonster
12/9/2007, 09:04 AM
The SEC players are so fast that no one's eyes can keep up with them on the tube.

StormySooner-IN
12/9/2007, 09:10 AM
Well come on, the SEC could take down most of the NFL teams.....:rolleyes:

Okay, just the dolphins.:D;)

OU-HSV
12/9/2007, 09:12 AM
Well, it's quite obvious that less people watched the SEC title game simply because they didn't want to watch one power house SEC team beat up on another power house SEC team. After all, that's what makes their conference the best in the nation...right? They all beat up on eachother week in and week out. ;) :rolleyes: At least that's what everyone says to make them think their conference is way above all other conferences. In fact, I'd say any team out there that has a bowl matchup vs. and SEC team should simply not even show up. The game is already over...the SEC is that good! :rolleyes:

Outopia
12/9/2007, 05:07 PM
The SEC could beat-up Chuck Norris, and it wouldn't even be close.

KantoSooner
12/9/2007, 07:45 PM
Plus Arnold.

And the Predator, too!

Sooner_Havok
12/9/2007, 08:44 PM
Actually, the main reason for ESPN et. all stroking the SEC ego is fear. Some Gator fans send a tow truck company owner death threats, that is just those SEC boys showing how fiercely they love their team.

Someone on air has the balls to question the SEC supremacy, and they get death threats, again, this just shows how deeply these people care about their football in SEC country.

I am telling you, the people at ESPN know by now that the SEC is over hyped year-in and year-out, but they keep stroking away for fear that if they stop, they may wind up tied to some fence in the middle of no where with their wrists slit.

OU-HSV
12/9/2007, 08:47 PM
Actually, the main reason for ESPN et. all stroking the SEC ego is fear. Some Gator fans send a tow truck company owner death threats, that is just those SEC boys showing how fiercely they love their team.

Someone on air has the balls to question the SEC supremacy, and they get death threats, again, this just shows how deeply these people care about their football in SEC country.

I am telling you, the people at ESPN know by now that the SEC is over hyped year-in and year-out, but they keep stroking away for fear that if they stop, they may wind up tied to some fence in the middle of no where with their wrists slit.
I understand what you're saying.
But I just thought of this....didn't Mark May say last week that the big12 is the strongest conference this year?

garland sooner
12/9/2007, 10:15 PM
"get to the chopper!" ~ Ahnold.

Paperclip
12/9/2007, 10:20 PM
In other news, the Oklahoma 6A title game outdrew the ACC Championship Game.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a233/GatorJ/accchampionshipgame.jpg

Outopia
12/9/2007, 10:36 PM

They were all in the bathroom when that picture was taken:D

Earickson
12/9/2007, 10:37 PM
Can we please not talk about the SEC so much, it reminds me of the Independence Bowl vs Ol' Miss. Some friends and I got tired of our endzone seats, so we got up and basically squatted on some empty seats next to some friends that were on the 40yd line about 2 rows up. Unfortunately for us, we were surrounded by Ol' Miss fans, the one right behind me stank of cheap gin and loved telling me about how he was a part time high school football referee,(as opposed to a full time high school football referee), and ever stinking time Ol' Miss did something good or OU did something bad, he would tap me on the shoulder and scream into my ear,

"Sooners are not SEC compliant!!!" (if you don't recall, this game was on New Years 1999, so that stupid y2k "compliance" thingy was a big deal) Really, how clever was this guy? I guess he was only a part time ref because he was also a part time writer for Leno.

Now, whenever I hear the letters SEC, even if it's the Securities and Exchange Commission, I get the willies in my cockles, and I hear that dude's voice.

"Sooners are not SEC compliant!!!! Bwaahahahahaha"

Lucky for him, his children were there, you can't stomp a guy in front of his children.

goingoneight
12/9/2007, 10:57 PM
Well come on, the SEC could take down most of the NFL teams.....:rolleyes:
Okay, just the dolphins.:D;)

No way New England is the best team ever!!! They'd have at least four losses if they played in the SEC.

CORNholio
12/10/2007, 01:25 AM

Uhhhm. Dr Pepper is a two-timing whore. WTF DP. How could you?

insuranceman_22
12/10/2007, 01:29 AM

Although the stadium is different, the attendance kind of reminds me of a Northern in-state schoo'sl (using the term school very loosely) attendance.....

FaninAma
12/10/2007, 12:03 PM
Anybody think the attendance at the ACC CCG would have been higher had there been a playoff berth on the line? Nah!

RedstickSooner
12/10/2007, 01:47 PM
If you asked every student enrolled at an ACC school the following question:

"Does the ACC have a conference championship game in football? If so, how many teams play in the championship?"

I guarantee you at least 60% of the students would get at least part of the answer wrong.

Blitzkrieg
12/10/2007, 02:14 PM
I also like how announcers call them the SEC confernce. Like the southeastern conference conference?

Did anyone know that James Carville (maybe the biggest idiot on this entire planet -- I'm not exaggerating either), was a rabid LSU fan BEFORE the 2003 title game? Kinda like the way you don't see Matthew McConahay (sp) on the Texass sideline anymore. At least Toby is there win or lose.

Scott D
12/10/2007, 06:02 PM
Anybody think the attendance at the ACC CCG would have been higher had there been a playoff berth on the line? Nah!

not really. It likely would have been higher had it been Florida State, Miami, or Clemson in the ACC Title game over either one of the teams involved (especially BC)

It's the equivalent of holding the Big 12 CCG in Wyoming.

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2007, 12:51 AM
Personally I think it's more like playing the big 12 championship game in Wyoming with the Baylor Lacrosse team and the Missouri fishing team taking to the football field.

Earickson
12/11/2007, 03:39 AM
Is there really NCAA fishing?

If so, that's another reason to re-enroll in college, the other being, the entire female student body at Florida State.