PDA

View Full Version : Putting up the Christmas tree

SOONER STEAKER
12/8/2007, 11:42 AM
I'm in the process of putting up the Christmas tree over at mother's house, this is the 2nd year of putting the tree up without dad who passed away in 2006. The memories are flooding back of how dad would spend many hours placing the lights in the perfect location, putting mom's favorite ornaments where she could admire them from her front room chair. I never realized how meiculous dad was in taking care of the small details that made our tree so special for my mother.

The holiday season was dad's favorite time o the year it gave dad an excuse to call his old HS class mates and wish them a Merry Christamas or give the girls at the bank an ornament or some cookies he picked up at the store in which he would re-wrap them and he'd tell the girls he made them especially for them.

Here's to our family who isn't here this christmas, may we all remember how generous they were with ther time, their kind words and generosity during this time of year.

Merry Christmas to all!!

StoopTroup
12/8/2007, 12:07 PM
Yeah...

My Mom and Dad have made an attempt to get some stuff up on the house and the tree was up last night but no ornaments yet.

We're heading over to help in a little while.

Merry Christams back at ya!

ST

85Sooner
12/8/2007, 04:12 PM
I'm in the process of putting up the Christmas tree over at mother's house, this is the 2nd year of putting the tree up without dad who passed away in 2006. The memories are flooding back of how dad would spend many hours placing the lights in the perfect location, putting mom's favorite ornaments where she could admire them from her front room chair. I never realized how meiculous dad was in taking care of the small details that made our tree so special for my mother.

The holiday season was dad's favorite time o the year it gave dad an excuse to call his old HS class mates and wish them a Merry Christamas or give the girls at the bank an ornament or some cookies he picked up at the store in which he would re-wrap them and he'd tell the girls he made them especially for them.

Here's to our family who isn't here this christmas, may we all remember how generous they were with ther time, their kind words and generosity during this time of year.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Nice sentiment and Merry KISSMAS to all