PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Billy Joel concert on Tues.

SeattleOUstudent
12/8/2007, 09:09 AM
The man can still put on a concert. American Airlines Center was sold out. We were on the second level and our tickets were $95/ea. That dude is rollin in the poon and money.

There were a lot of silver-backs but there were also a bunch of people my age, mid 20s. I guess I grew up listening to his Greatest Hits albums.

BTW, his Christmas in Falujah song that he wrote (and a kid performs) is absolutely horrible. You can check out a clip on Itunes if you like.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/8/2007, 02:16 PM
Saw him in what, '84? At the Myriad. I was just a kid, but he STILL blew my shorts off.

My old man saw him this last time he came to town and told me that show back then wasn't a fluke. He still comes out both barrels and puts on a hell of a show.

SeattleOUstudent
12/8/2007, 03:05 PM
Kinda surprised that he rocked quite as much as he did. He started off with his older stuff from the 70s, then it ramped way up with him jamming on a guitar. he was pretty funny too when he told stories.

King Crimson
12/8/2007, 05:18 PM
i used to like 52nd street and glass houses and the stranger as a kid. playing them on my fisher turntable. but, we didn't start the fire is one of the dumbest songs ever recroded. ever.

jr4ou
12/8/2007, 09:40 PM
how old is he now???

Boomer.....
12/8/2007, 10:48 PM
Was he drunk?