PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever beat okie state again?

Ardmore_Sooner
12/7/2007, 05:54 PM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=45615

Gawly I'm skeered! :rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
12/7/2007, 05:58 PM
Soon, oh so very soon.I wont sleep for weeks.

KHS Sooner
12/7/2007, 06:01 PM
I just read on there that they lost there OC Larry Fedora to Southern Miss.

Looks like Southern Miss. is going to have the Most Powerful Offense In The World now. :D

OklahomaTuba
12/7/2007, 06:02 PM
I bet Southern Miss attracts more people to their games.

Chrisrokc
12/7/2007, 06:04 PM
Haha, just because Okie State gets a few bricks, some seats, and some more weight lifting gear they think they can beat us. ROFL

RedstickSooner
12/7/2007, 06:08 PM
During Stoops tenure, we have *always* had close games playing in the Rustoleum stadium.

That doesn't mean we can't blow 'em out next season. But I see no reason to talk smack about a team that we have a COMBINED four point advantage on, playing in their stadium, under Stoops.

(We've won 3 times by low margins, lost once by ten)

picasso
12/7/2007, 06:10 PM
This was the year for oSu if they were ever going to make a run at a league title under Gundy. Gone is the RB and WR for next season.

I still say they were no better than they were in '03, '04.

Burp.

Remembering Tom Stidham
12/7/2007, 06:17 PM
If Fedora is really gone, that is a huge loss. I knew Larry when he was playing at Austin College under Larry Kramer. Sharp sharp guy and class.

Crimsontothecore
12/7/2007, 06:17 PM
I don't know why this surprises anyone. This IS the time of year osu starts fantasizing about how good they are going to be in the future.
Must be discouraging to get beat 49-17 in spite of billionaires money and baby rapers on scholarship:O

Civicus_Sooner
12/7/2007, 06:26 PM
tards

lilvato33
12/7/2007, 06:33 PM
OMG that is the dumbest thing i have ever seen. They could spend 500 million at boone state and they still wont get the caliber of players The REAL big red has. Call me crazy but i wish i had some osu TP right know.

Widescreen
12/7/2007, 06:38 PM
As our program continues to rise the seating will not be an issue.
:stunned:

They keep saying that. I don't think it means what they think it means.

Ardmore_Sooner
12/7/2007, 06:44 PM
I like the thread making fun of OU's promotional video. Gotta find something to bash I guess.

DenverSooner751
12/7/2007, 07:09 PM
:stunned:

They keep saying that. I don't think it means what they think it means.

I was about to post the same thing.

The whole "we're on the rise" thing just cracks me up. I find it funny that they continue to say it but to be on the rise, don't you have to elevate yourself at some point? You know, see your performance results rise?

I guess in the world of little brother, you take what you can get, and if facilities are your way of telling the world you have arrived, then go right ahead. The rest of us will continue to do it by actually playing the game.

G H E Y

Lott's Bandana
12/7/2007, 07:26 PM
Referring to the HBO piece on Boooone and claiming to have the best facilities in America is an oxy-moron. Didn't they see what Nike has built for the tree huggers? Waterfalls and juice bars...etc.

I have had to work on the project known as BP3. Frankly, and without bias, it ain't nuttin special. They weren't even going to build out the suites because they aren't sold yet....until Mr Wallet told them to.
It's simply a closed-in end zone with a locker room in the basement.

The next project (I'm also working on) is the Indoor Practice Facility. Big hangar with turf...(they tried to install a sprinkler system)

Favorite moment in the HBO vignette:

-"Boone, when OSU is looking for a new President, do you expect to have input?"
-"You bet."

sooner518
12/7/2007, 07:57 PM
oh damn. They are going to have "Glass Embossed Nameplates" on their lockers. This used to be just fun and games but they are getting serious and bringing out the big guns here!

OKLA21FAN
12/7/2007, 08:20 PM
we're doomed!!!! DOOMED I say!!!!!!!

birddog
12/7/2007, 08:30 PM
yeah, they'll definitely sell out those hundred suites.

tommieharris91
12/7/2007, 08:44 PM
Their promo video looks like it was made for fans, not recruits. The video shows all of these things that fans and students will use a lot more than the athletes, IMO. I've been on a football facility tour at OU, and all of the things that the aggies advertise in the video, OU either already has on campus or doesn't need. So basically, we need to tell them welcome to the 21st century.

LSUdeek
12/7/2007, 08:45 PM
If Fedora is really gone, that is a huge loss. I knew Larry when he was playing at Austin College under Larry Kramer. Sharp sharp guy and class.

He will forever be associated with the Zookerator though. Bad karma 4 life.

silverwheels
12/7/2007, 08:52 PM
I can't believe we only lead the series by 63 games as it is.

Stitch Face
12/7/2007, 08:55 PM
I wish NYC Poke would use a different handle on here. It just feels icky seeing anything the same on the two boards.

soonerboomer93
12/7/2007, 09:22 PM
Haha, just because Okie State gets a few bricks, some seats, and some more weight lifting gear they think they can beat us. ROFL

oh ****, they're gonna start lifting weights?

we are screwed

tommieharris91
12/7/2007, 09:50 PM
They're building a movie theater and meeting rooms with projector HD screens, FOR WATCHING FILM!!!!!!

tomtom
12/7/2007, 10:18 PM
wonderful....more empty seats

MissouriSooner
12/7/2007, 10:23 PM
"I have had to work on the project known as BP3."

Hey, Bandana, think you could sneak the OU logo into the decor like someone did last time they did new brickwork on the Pokes' stadium?

Lott's Bandana
12/8/2007, 12:13 AM
"I have had to work on the project known as BP3."

Hey, Bandana, think you could sneak the OU logo into the decor like someone did last time they did new brickwork on the Pokes' stadium?

Nah I wish, that was priceless.

So funny that in the suites, the windows open by pushing a button. They just think that's the sauce...automatic winders!

I kept thinking they're happy to not have bars on them.

SoonerBacker
12/8/2007, 12:20 AM
I have this image of a bunch of ags sitting around pushing the buttons to make the windows open and close. "Hey MIIIIIIKEY[hairGel] ! Looook at THAT! Can ewe beleeeeve that?"

Leroy Lizard
12/8/2007, 01:42 AM
For decades, they have enjoyed being the big dog in the state - dominating ****** in football (and because of that, football is the only sport they consider important)...

Isn't that crazy how we think football is the only important sport? But wait...

... and having the lion's share of state press and TV coverage.

Looks like we are not alone in our thoughts. :D

mdklatt
12/8/2007, 01:48 AM
Isn't that crazy how we think football is the only important sport?

I can understand their thinking. With all those empty seats in an already small stadium I don't think football technically counts as a "revenue sport" for them. :D

Ardmore_Sooner
12/8/2007, 02:14 AM
I just realized... That video has the same music from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Is it just me or am I crazy?

Leroy Lizard
12/8/2007, 05:10 AM
Is it just me or am I crazy?

You would be crazy if it was just you.

roostercogburn
12/8/2007, 09:21 AM
You can paint a turd but it's still a turd.

OUstud
12/8/2007, 11:31 AM
Four hydrotherapy pools...a model of efficiency and organization...for players, coaches...AND CHAMPIONS

So we get to use their hydrotherapy pools? :pop:

MextheBulldog
12/8/2007, 11:46 AM
The facilities look nice. Now does it translate into a winner on the field?

fadada1
12/8/2007, 12:16 PM
The facilities look nice. Now does it translate into a winner on the field?
alex, i'll take "not a chance in hell" for $1000.

NYC Poke
12/8/2007, 01:21 PM
I wish NYC Poke would use a different handle on here. It just feels icky seeing anything the same on the two boards.

I'd ask for suggestions, but I'm afraid that would become its own thread.

RedstickSooner
12/8/2007, 03:43 PM
yeah, they'll definitely sell out those hundred suites.

On a per-game, rental basis, when Texas and OU visit. Provided the price is low enough.

lilvato33
12/8/2007, 04:06 PM
next thing ya know Boone state will be on the cover of Ncaa 2008 football playstation cover.:D

SleestakSooner
12/8/2007, 04:21 PM
paulpoke

People, about the seating increase...

Kaje's right and remember Lewis Field used to seat approximately 52,500 give or take a bleacher or two. After the renovation we will seat approximately 60K maybe less after the ADA requirements are met and with the re-seating to enlarge the width of ALL the seats to meet Robert Allen's current buttocks. We are only adding around 7500 seats, again maybe less due to the ADA lawsuit, etc. What we have added is all the amenities such as suites, training facilities, offices, etc. At times the suite level looks less than full because the suite folk are indoors sipping on a cold one and watching a nice fat plasma monitor instead of sitting outdoors.

Being a fossil, I remember 52,000 "sellouts" for Nebraska and OU. As our program continues to rise the seating will not be an issue. But whatever happens, I will be in Stillwater on Saturdays, enjoying the prettiest campus in America, ringing my cowbell, welcoming visitors, and watching the Pokes play ball.

Fixed :D

Chrisrokc
12/8/2007, 04:29 PM
Since they are putting more empty seats out there I expect every sooner fan to fill those up come next season. Make that big new pimp OSU stadium into a OU homefield advantage on game day.

Lott's Bandana
12/8/2007, 04:51 PM
Since they are putting more empty seats out there I expect every sooner fan to fill those up come next season. Make that big new pimp OSU stadium into a OU homefield advantage on game day.

I appreciate the sentiment but I'm out. In fact, I'll have two tix available when the time comes.

I hate that place and their manufactured traditions, homer announcer and fans that look at you like a dog that hopes you're carrying a steak but knows you're carrying a rolled-up newspaper.

Crucifax Autumn
12/9/2007, 06:40 AM
I gotta say...I'm not surprised the seats are being widened!

RedstickSooner
12/9/2007, 07:50 AM
Okay, couple things:

First, while they will always be our kid brother, if they improve their facilities, it's gonna help with recruiting. It won't make them out-recruit us, obviously -- but it'll mean they'll attract some better players. Nobody wants to play at a school that doesn't even have decent athletic facilities.

Second, I know I harp on this, but during Stoops tenure they have played us very close in Stoolwater. Since we play 'em in Stoolwater next year, I'd rather we not talk too much trash towards 'em. Hell, they might win. And that'd suck arse, particularly if we've been putting 'em down all year leading up to the game.

During years when we play 'em in their lame-assed, directionally-challenged stadium, I'd just as soon we don't talk about 'em at all. I mean, it isn't like they're really worth our time anyhow, is it?

Pigface1
12/9/2007, 12:28 PM
Okay, couple things:

First, while they will always be our kid brother, if they improve their facilities, it's gonna help with recruiting. It won't make them out-recruit us, obviously -- but it'll mean they'll attract some better players. Nobody wants to play at a school that doesn't even have decent athletic facilities.

Second, I know I harp on this, but during Stoops tenure they have played us very close in Stoolwater. Since we play 'em in Stoolwater next year, I'd rather we not talk too much trash towards 'em. Hell, they might win. And that'd suck arse, particularly if we've been putting 'em down all year leading up to the game.

During years when we play 'em in their lame-assed, directionally-challenged stadium, I'd just as soon we don't talk about 'em at all. I mean, it isn't like they're really worth our time anyhow, is it?

I don't know, but OU will be absolutely loaded next year.

tulsaoilerfan
12/9/2007, 01:37 PM
Assuming everyone comes back, we will be loaded

85sooners
12/9/2007, 02:40 PM
yes!!

MWC_Sooner
12/9/2007, 08:00 PM
Finally! We'll get to whoop thier asses in style!!

Earickson
12/9/2007, 10:52 PM
It was Boone's money, and his right to give it to OSU athletics. It is OSU athletics right to build the best athletics center in the country regardless of past or present success on the field and in the stands.

What's an athletics center? Geez, I hate this, "lets make it sound fancier with a different name" stuff. It's a stadium! Sure, it has other facilities attached to it, but it's a stadium, a kinda not so big, mostly empty stadium. It's like a guy with no friends buying the biggest, fanciest truck he can find, and actually thinking that it's gonna make people like him.

Well, no sir, it won't happen. Also, I too did notice the comment about making the seats W I D E R. Well, how much wider, because I've seen some BIG poke fans, .....BIG. You know.

DenverSooner751
12/9/2007, 11:04 PM
What's an athletics center? Geez, I hate this, "lets make it sound fancier with a different name" stuff. It's a stadium! Sure, it has other facilities attached to it, but it's a stadium, a kinda not so big, mostly empty stadium. It's like a guy with no friends buying the biggest, fanciest truck he can find, and actually thinking that it's gonna make people like him.

Well, no sir, it won't happen. Also, I too did notice the comment about making the seats W I D E R. Well, how much wider, because I've seen some BIG poke fans, .....BIG. You know.

That's exactly right!

The nicer stadium and facilities will be attractive to recruits, but those who are the real difference makers will still want to go somewhere they know they can win.

To borrow the analogy mentioned in the previous post, it's like the ugly guy with the cool sports car. Will he get tail because of the car? More than likely. Is it going to be the 5 star smoking tight body tail though? NO! It's going to be hood rat tail!!!

So to say it again, yes, it will help with recruiting, but are you really going to get the hot ones because of it? Doubtful.

You will get recruits that are "on the rise."

goingoneight
12/9/2007, 11:51 PM
The seats got bigger for the same reason the Cotton Bowl seats got bigger, and the same reason OUrs may get bigger when the day comes that we expand (again). There was a lawsuit by the ADA (disability). Yeah... in short it means people are getting wider.

Anyone who went to this year's RRS will agree that it was awesome, though. There is more room so you don't have to stand on the bench in order to let people through constantly for bathroom breaks and whatnot. Or if you're a true aggy, you can pile out at halftime with ease.

tulsaoilerfan
12/10/2007, 12:28 AM

I saw me one of them there big OSU fans tonight at my local wally world; she had on gray sweat pants, a black OSU t-shirt and had an *** almost as wide as my camaro

Leroy Lizard
12/10/2007, 02:18 PM
"You should see our new library. It has granite floors, cathedral ceilings, and the latest computer networking system."

"How many books does it have?"

"Books? I knew we were forgetting something..."

LSUdeek
12/11/2007, 08:58 PM
"You should see our new library. It has granite floors, cathedral ceilings, and the latest computer networking system."

"How many books does it have?"

"Books? I knew we were forgetting something..."

This would be great on BooneState.com

KantoSooner
12/11/2007, 10:47 PM
Assuming everyone comes back, we will be loaded

Careful there.When I commented last summer that we looked loaded at qb I got half the world telling me what a fool I was.

Now you're saying the whole team is loaded? ! ? God help you.

HateTheWhorns
12/12/2007, 10:45 AM
He will forever be associated with the Zookerator though. Bad karma 4 life.

First of all, Zook was not given much of a chance at UF as the bar was raised pretty high following the Spurrier years. If you will remember correctly, Fedora was hired from Middle TN State to get the Chris Leak offense going. When he took over as OC at UF, their offense was MUCH better than in previous years. The problem for Zook was that Florida could not play defense during that period. When Zook went to Illinois, Fedora accepted the OC position (for one day) and then accepted Gundy's offer at OSU the following day.

When Fedora was the OC at Middle TN State, they led the country in total offense. He is an excellent OC and has backed it up by what he did at UF and OSU (8th and 9th in total offense nationally, respectively).

Just so you know, Larry and I were in the same class at Austin College and we were teammates on the 1981 national championship team. Yes I am biased, but I think his results back up what I am saying. Trivia: Austin College only has 1,200 students but is the home of former coaches that include Donnie Duncan (OU asst, ISU head coach, and OU AD), Warren Harper (OU asst), Bill Snyder (KSU head coach), Larry Kramer (NU all-american, KSU asst coach under Bill Snyder).