PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Lofton -Named All-American

boomersooner28
12/7/2007, 04:28 PM
And I heard on the radio that he will "test" the NFL waters.

PLease come back Curtis.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120707aah.html

Suerreal
12/7/2007, 04:31 PM
He's a man. He's 40.

SoonerBOI
12/7/2007, 04:48 PM
Way to go Curtis! 144th All American and counting. Boomer!

Widescreen
12/7/2007, 04:57 PM
It's really funny how people were a little concerned about our LB corp going into the season - myself included. Who'd have thought Lofton would blow up like he did? Wow!

Civicus_Sooner
12/7/2007, 05:00 PM
Sadly, I think Curtis may be at his peak of NFL credibility. Meaning he might be one of those guys that loses money by coming back. Anything short of 100 tackles next year would likely be considered a step back.

It doesn't seem like there's a lot of LB's in this year's draft either. Maybe I'm wrong.

SeattleOUstudent
12/7/2007, 05:05 PM
....or be a Dallas Cowboy.

Civicus_Sooner
12/7/2007, 05:09 PM
....or be a Dallas Cowboy.Boooo

stoops the eternal pimp
12/7/2007, 05:33 PM
Said he'll only go as a top 15 pick...I m gonna get some info and see what he would be projected at...

illinisooner
12/7/2007, 07:56 PM
I think he's got the same deal as Malcom and Reggie: Come out this year and be a mid-late 1st rounder (or early 2nd), or stay another year, play like they know they can, and be early-mid first round. Oh, and another shot at that national title. IMO, they all come back.

KHS Sooner
12/7/2007, 08:17 PM
I think he's got the same deal as Malcom and Reggie: Come out this year and be a mid-late 1st rounder (or early 2nd), or stay another year, play like they know they can, and be early-mid first round. Oh, and another shot at that national title. IMO, they all come back.

In a perfect world. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
12/7/2007, 08:22 PM
Looking at teams with Top 15 picks, Carolina, Denver, and possibly New England are teams that are looking for a LB...New England has some aging LBs but if they get the 2nd pick which they probably will, it won't be at linebacker. Denver tends to go with the quick LBs, so I m not sure what kinda fit he would be there...Carolina is probably his best best within the top 15..if they would even look his way

silverwheels
12/7/2007, 08:36 PM
He's a Sooner so he'll go Top 15. Maybe top 10.

illinisooner
12/7/2007, 08:39 PM
The only reason I say they all come back is the desire to win a national title. Kelly could help his draft status with a monster senior year (which he should have, if he returns), and I can't see Reggie or Curtis not improving on what they've done this year. Maybe Curtis' stats won't be as good, but that's not the only thing scouts look at.

PLaw
12/7/2007, 10:31 PM
Curtis comes back to win the Butkus and a National Championship.

Collier11
12/7/2007, 10:40 PM
Lofton will come back IMO! He is not a top 15 pick and can only make more $ by proving himself one more year.

sooner59
12/7/2007, 10:45 PM
Yeah I agree. He is not top 15, and this is not because of talent, but because of name recognition. This year is the only year he has been a full time starter with national recognition. Sad, but true. I expect him to return. If Stoops has anything to say about it, he will. Did you hear his spill on leaving early to the NFL today in his press conference? He is totally against it and has a very good argument. I bet in his eyes, MK is the only one who might benefit.

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2007, 11:06 PM
I don't see Lofton top 15 because of position. NFL teams look for game breaking receivers, dominant O-linemen and pass rushers. I see DUKE and MK as the highest potential picks. I hope they all stay because a championship level college team is special. You see retired players visit their college teams all the time, but no so much their pro teams. Pro is just business.

sooner59
12/7/2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I could see Duke leaving, too. But I honestly dont think he is 1st round quality yet. Ive watched him all year and im not sold. He has potential, though. If he could 1st round, go for it, but there is no sure thing. If he sticks around, 1st round for sure. Plus...more $$$.

JohnnyMack
12/7/2007, 11:54 PM
Looking at teams with Top 15 picks, Carolina, Denver, and possibly New England are teams that are looking for a LB...New England has some aging LBs but if they get the 2nd pick which they probably will, it won't be at linebacker. Denver tends to go with the quick LBs, so I m not sure what kinda fit he would be there...Carolina is probably his best best within the top 15..if they would even look his way

NE is certainly in the catbird seat. Take McFadden at #2 or trade down and get a bunch of picks.

Think they're upset at giving up pick #32 in this draft? :D

MichiganSooner
12/8/2007, 09:37 AM
When do they paint the new number of OU All-Americans on the press box?

soonersn2007
12/8/2007, 09:49 AM
I really hope all these guys get together and say, let's do it one more time and win a national championship. They got to know if they stay that they would have a good shot at it.

Big Red Ron
12/8/2007, 12:17 PM
NE is certainly in the catbird seat. Take McFadden at #2 or trade down and get a bunch of picks.

Think they're upset at giving up pick #32 in this draft? :DI'm just not sold on McFaddin. Something makes me wonder if he'll be an NFL stud. I tthink it's his little chicken legs.