PDA

View Full Version : Seems Meatchicken is having problems finding a coach too

Flagstaffsooner
12/7/2007, 02:03 PM
R-kansas aint the only pig without lipstick (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Atj975JwSbgSL5lp4xi79DY5nYcB?slug=ap-michigan-schiano&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Jason White's Third Knee
12/7/2007, 02:08 PM
"I was contacted earlier this week about the Michigan coaching vacancy, but I have decided to remove my name from consideration," Schiano said in a statement. "I look forward to our third straight bowl game and to bringing a national championship to Rutgers and the state of New Jersey. I will have no further comment."

Did he just say Rutgers and national championship in the same sentence? Greg Schiano=Crackhead.

Blues1
12/7/2007, 02:10 PM
I guess Living in Cold Country is not all that great......!!!!

Desert Sapper
12/7/2007, 02:14 PM
I'm hoping he realizes that the 'International Bowl' is not for the National Championship, even if it does have 'national' in it and is played after the new year.

Whet
12/7/2007, 02:18 PM
Would definitely be the "Mythical" National Championship, that's for sure! Must be those sugar plum fairies dancing in his head.

Flagstaffsooner
12/7/2007, 02:19 PM
I'm hoping he realizes that the 'International Bowl' is not for the National Championship, even if it does have 'national' in it and is played after the new year.But it gets you out of Jersey and those 'nappy headed ho's' for a while.

FlatheadSooner
12/7/2007, 02:25 PM
But it gets you out of Jersey and those 'nappy headed ho's' for a while.

Call-ins for Flag to resign his post in 3, 2, 1...............
:D

Flagstaffsooner
12/7/2007, 02:30 PM
Call-ins for Flag to resign his post in 3, 2, 1...............
:DI'm negotiating with Phil right now for my severance package.;)

The Maestro
12/7/2007, 02:34 PM
I think Gandolfini showed up with Paulie Walnuts and the boys and told him they thought it best if he stick around with that sly smile on his face...and then gave him a bag of oranges.

Meanwhile, the Michigan AD is out yachting with Judge Smails while his football program is getting laughed at. How long before the Wolverines hire some NFL has been?

Flagstaffsooner
12/7/2007, 02:42 PM
How long before the Wolverines hire some NFL has been?Ka-Boooom, we have a winner folks!

Scott D
12/7/2007, 02:48 PM
"I was contacted earlier this week about the Michigan coaching vacancy, but I have decided to remove my name from consideration," Schiano said in a statement. "I look forward to our third straight bowl game and to bringing a national championship to Rutgers and the state of New Jersey. I will have no further comment."

Did he just say Rutgers and national championship in the same sentence? Greg Schiano=Crackhead.

Wow, gauging interest now = offering the job. Supposedly to a guy who is rumored to be heading to State College, PA when the bespectacled one dies during an offseason since he'll never retire.

The list of names coming out on the 'list' via the media are downright hilarious. Tony Dungy? gimme a break, Sean Payton? more likely but come on, Bill Cowher? he'd take NC State before Michigan..and the NFL before NC State.

The amount of panic up here is pretty amusing also. Michigan fan is worried about Ohio State fan laughing at them. Lo and behold they all seem to have forgotten that if Ohio State had gotten their way originally, the Buckeyes would be running a Spread Offense and Mike Belloti's wife would have been getting drunk like everyone else in Columbus and nobody would hear a peep about it. Tressel wasn't even a top 3 'candidate' for that job when they fired Cooper.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/7/2007, 03:02 PM
They called me but I m busy

TripleOption14
12/7/2007, 03:10 PM
I think the main problem is that they want a big time coach but don't wanna pay a big time salary. They better just bite the bullet and anni-up before they lose out on some big time recruits. If Michigan is such a great job and a historic power they should be willing to do whatever it takes at this point.

fadada1
12/7/2007, 03:10 PM
i'll do it for $100K a year and office near the golf course.

royalfan5
12/7/2007, 03:12 PM
I think Bill Callahan would be the idea fit for the Wolverines.

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2007, 03:21 PM
I'm hoping he realizes that the 'International Bowl' is not for the National Championship, even if it does have 'national' in it and is played after the new year.

You don't understand. The International Bowl>National Championship. The MNC is only national but the IB is WORLD WIDE!

Scott D
12/7/2007, 04:03 PM
I think the main problem is that they want a big time coach but don't wanna pay a big time salary. They better just bite the bullet and anni-up before they lose out on some big time recruits. If Michigan is such a great job and a historic power they should be willing to do whatever it takes at this point.

depends on who you listen to really. Seems the new game now is for 'big name' coaches who have jobs to use the threat of other jobs to increase their or their staff's salaries. Michigan knows they'll have to fork over big bucks to any big name coach. And as one person who is following the chase has said. Until Michigan introduces someone as the head coach, don't listen to a single word coming from Les Miles about his contract. Personally I think they're better off looking at younger coaches who have been successful in a mid-major or D-1AA or D-II

OULenexaman
12/7/2007, 04:35 PM
like the coach at Appalacian State......just hire that dude. He knew more about the Wolverines weakness's than Lloyd did...

Civicus_Sooner
12/7/2007, 05:21 PM
like the coach at Appalacian State......just hire that dude. He knew more about the Wolverines weakness's than Lloyd did...Perfect!

Civicus_Sooner
12/7/2007, 05:22 PM
Did he just say Rutgers and national championship in the same sentence? Greg Schiano=Crackhead.He's going to have to chop a lot of wood to pull that one off.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/7/2007, 05:27 PM
Maybe he's gonna schedule a NC winner to play them at Rutgers..

Or maybe he's gonna go Major Payne style and have his players steal the trophy

toast
12/7/2007, 05:27 PM
every time a situation like this comes up it makes me appreciate Joe C. that much more.

Civicus_Sooner
12/7/2007, 05:32 PM
I would think about Mangino if I were them. He'd be dangerous with a real school.