PDA

View Full Version : Grey Uniforms

tru2ou
12/7/2007, 10:28 AM
At what point did grey become part of our school colors? The girls have it on their uniforms and now the guys go to all grey uniforms?

No offense to OU but this is one more reason for me not to watch the basketball team. If they are going to wear grey uniforms all year instead of white, I'm out.

I know cream is our official color but at least white is close.

If someone can elighten me on the reasoning behind it, I'm all ears.

- tru

SoonerBBall
12/7/2007, 10:31 AM
Seriously?

What is wrong with trying out some different colors? I like the grey unis. They were cool and kinda throwback.

JohnnyMack
12/7/2007, 10:37 AM
**** the grey uniforms.

badger
12/7/2007, 10:45 AM
Ok, don't give up watching OU just because Nike screwed with our unis.

Better idea: BOYCOTT NIKE.

They have been ruining uniforms nationwide. Duke? They now have grey in their unis. Florida? Yeah, them too. Oregon? Well, it's hard to tell what their traditional uniforms looked like, seeing how often Nike's f**ked with them.

In conclusion, don't blame our hard working players for the fault of the uniform supplier. THEY JUST NEED TO BE TOLD THEY SERIOUSLY MESSED UP AND IT NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED IMMEDIATELY.

I don't mind gray trim - it looks kind of like silver. However, all gray needs to go.

say it with me now: ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!

soonerboy_odanorth
12/7/2007, 10:58 AM
Seriously?

What is wrong with trying out some different colors? I like the grey unis. They were cool and kinda throwback.

They can't be "throwback" if they were never worn as colors before.

Memo to Joe C., Nike, an whomever else:

WE'RE NOT OHIO STATE, DAMMIT!

cdlbdd
12/7/2007, 11:01 AM
The grey is ghey.

Boomer.....
12/7/2007, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the grey.

OUmillenium
12/7/2007, 11:20 AM
I might learn to like them if we score 80+ a game and keep winning.

Otherwise, the ghey grey must go.

JohnnyMack
12/7/2007, 11:33 AM
Ok, don't give up watching OU just because Nike screwed with our unis.

Better idea: BOYCOTT NIKE.

They have been ruining uniforms nationwide. Duke? They now have grey in their unis. Florida? Yeah, them too. Oregon? Well, it's hard to tell what their traditional uniforms looked like, seeing how often Nike's f**ked with them.

In conclusion, don't blame our hard working players for the fault of the uniform supplier. THEY JUST NEED TO BE TOLD THEY SERIOUSLY MESSED UP AND IT NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED IMMEDIATELY.

I don't mind gray trim - it looks kind of like silver. However, all gray needs to go.

say it with me now: ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!ALL GRAY NEEDS TO GO!

Capel & Joe C. had to green light these uni's. I blame them.

Ash
12/7/2007, 11:44 AM
Not supporting the team because of an alternate home uni is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Talk about fickle fans.

sooner518
12/7/2007, 12:37 PM
i kinda like em.....

dont neg me into oblivion. :D

SoonerAcesUp
12/7/2007, 12:38 PM
I like a little change now and then. I'm a fan of them.

MextheBulldog
12/7/2007, 12:38 PM
No kidding. What's wrong with a little innovation. To suggest you will not support a team because of uniform color is ghey. (here comes the neg spek)

boomersooner82
12/7/2007, 12:55 PM
Not supporting the team because of an alternate home uni is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Talk about fickle fans.

Agreed.

I prefer we stick with white and crimson, but if we have to have an alternate jersey, I think the gray was a decent way to go.

I'm not too big on the new design this year period though. It's that new Nike look with the extra tight top (which seems to show sweat more), even baggier shorts, and no trim. That, along with no names on the back makes them look like practice jerseys IMO.

OU James
12/7/2007, 01:08 PM
I've seen other teams do it as well....Mich State, Kentucky, and grey is not one of their colors....who cares? It's basketball, we change our uni's every other year anyway. plus the players/recruits like the strange 3rd uni's.

SoonerBOI
12/7/2007, 01:23 PM
I like it very much!:D

tru2ou
12/7/2007, 01:29 PM
So I guess you people that dont have a problm with them wouldnt have a problem with the football team coming out in grey pants or adding a grey stripe or trim to the football uniforms? You would throw an absolute fit and you know it. Hell, people got upset not having the names on the unforms last year.

Our colors are are crimson and cream, not grey, crimson and cream. It looks hideous and only teams/colleges that suck change their uniforms and designs. See OSU for example...

- tru

NorthernIowaSooner
12/7/2007, 01:48 PM
i dont like them but i dont mind, and yes i would complain if there was grey on the football uni's

SeattleOUstudent
12/7/2007, 01:48 PM
With basketball, who cares? ....just dont touch the football unis.

silverwheels
12/7/2007, 03:35 PM
Not a fan of any gray on the uniforms (men and women), but as long as they win that's all that matters.

SOONER STEAKER
12/7/2007, 03:43 PM
Didn't like the basketball grey's and didn't like the baseball blacks. Heck, why don't we put the gymnastics team in clears o the wrestlers in clear as well.. Better yet, why don't we just wear crimson at home and white at away games.

Boomer

SoonerSinger3
12/7/2007, 04:18 PM
To the person who started this thread: you are a moron sir. You're going to stop watching because they might wear gray uniforms every once in awhile? Well, I liked them for a change and I'm glad to see OU change up their uni's a little bit.

soonersweetie
12/7/2007, 05:00 PM
I won't stop watching them, but I hate the gray uni's. Makes us look like ohio st in my opinion.

As said in a post above, our colors are crimson and cream, not gray.

Jimminy Crimson
12/7/2007, 05:08 PM
If our colors are crimson and cream, the sticklers should boycott all the crimson and white uniforms.

Civicus_Sooner
12/7/2007, 05:43 PM
They are actually pretty cool.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/8/2007, 01:14 AM
Seeing those gray uniforms makes me wish OU was an Adidas school instead.

NorthernIowaSooner
12/8/2007, 01:29 AM
Seeing those gray uniforms makes me wish OU was an Adidas school instead.

i hope to god were never an Adidas school

birddog
12/8/2007, 01:41 AM
At what point did grey become part of our school colors? The girls have it on their uniforms and now the guys go to all grey uniforms?

No offense to OU but this is one more reason for me not to watch the basketball team. If they are going to wear grey uniforms all year instead of white, I'm out.

I know cream is our official color but at least white is close.

If someone can elighten me on the reasoning behind it, I'm all ears.

- tru

you're not going to watch them play if they wear gray uniforms?

how tru2ou are you?

birddog
12/8/2007, 01:45 AM
So I guess you people that dont have a problm with them wouldnt have a problem with the football team coming out in grey pants or adding a grey stripe or trim to the football uniforms? You would throw an absolute fit and you know it. Hell, people got upset not having the names on the unforms last year.

Our colors are are crimson and cream, not grey, crimson and cream. It looks hideous and only teams/colleges that suck change their uniforms and designs. See OSU for example...

- tru

you're really comparing our basketball program to our football program? :rolleyes:

silverwheels
12/8/2007, 03:35 AM
i hope to god were never an Adidas school

Why is that?

SoonerBBall
12/8/2007, 10:39 AM
They can't be "throwback" if they were never worn as colors before.

Well, seeing as I said "They were cool and kinda throwback," I was obviously talking about the overall look of the grey uniforms, as in the topic of the thread, and not just their color.

But seriously, lets keep b*tching about this meaningless topic. AMIRITE?

SoonerBBall
12/8/2007, 10:41 AM

- tru

Do me a favor. Go watch any OU game from the 70's or 80's and then go watch one from this season. Now tell me that the design hasn't changed....

Exactly.

OUstud
12/8/2007, 11:19 AM
OU's unis in 01-02 (final four) looked different from the ones since then.

Remind me again why people are actually saying they won't watch OU if they decide to wear alternate unis for a game?

birddog
12/8/2007, 12:42 PM
remember the tire tread on the shorts a few years back?

Jimminy Crimson
12/8/2007, 12:44 PM
remember the tire tread on the shorts a few years back?

Ahh, the 'roadkill' unis. :eek:

Big Red Ron
12/8/2007, 01:18 PM
The Grey's are cool.

There Cool has spoken, you weenies.

tru2ou
12/8/2007, 03:22 PM
As I stated in my original thread, this is not the only reason I wont be watching the team, its just one more reason for me not to watch.

Right now they are boring as hell to watch play the game and this just adds to my lack of interest. I have no desire to watch an OU team score 20-25 points in a half against quality teams and wear grey uniforms while they are doing it. I might be more inclined to tune in if I saw any progress being made.

I wasnt comparing OU football to basketball, just the uniforms. If Nike gets away with it on the basketbal court, don't think for a minute they arent going to push for something different on the football field. If you accept it now, accept it later too.

- tru

SleestakSooner
12/8/2007, 04:04 PM
Can't most major universities afford to develop and pay for their own teams uniforms? Why does everyone keep blaming Nike? I would hope that our AD would not allow the huge allure of free uniforms to cause him to choose ****ty looking ones!

Eielson
12/8/2007, 04:09 PM
I'd have much rather seen some black uniforms.

Big Red Ron
12/8/2007, 04:30 PM
I'd have much rather seen some black uniforms.Grey is the new black...keep up dude.

bstuff1979
12/8/2007, 05:36 PM
In and of itself, the grey isn't bad. But, when you stop and think for a second...it gets away from being okay (at least for me). Having gone to a small college in Ohio and having "the bucks" rammed down my face 24-7 kinda puts a downer on these uni's. Rather than grey, why not creme/off-white for the alt's? A very dull light-gold. It would take a lot of getting used to, even more than the grey, but at least it's traditional (and not "the" ohio school.).

tru2ou
12/8/2007, 06:35 PM
Actually, I think the cream idea is a good one. Wear some dirty whites and I'd be a lot more acceptable of them. In fact, I wish the football team would have broke those out when they did the throwbacks. Since it was all black and white back then, who knows. And I doubt the washers were great so I would guess the white was really close to cream back then.

Nice idea...

- tru

NorthernIowaSooner
12/8/2007, 06:59 PM
Why is that?

i just honestly dont care for their stuff and i dont want to walk around in a bunch of adidas stuff, i wish i had a better answer but i dont

bluedogok
12/9/2007, 01:03 PM
Can't most major universities afford to develop and pay for their own teams uniforms? Why does everyone keep blaming Nike? I would hope that our AD would not allow the huge allure of free uniforms to cause him to choose ****ty looking ones!
The shoe and clothing companies PAY the school to wear uniforms, big money for the big schools, it isn't just "free uniforms".

I have no problem with the basketball uniforms changing, there is no tradition within the basketball program like there is with the football program. Most schools change their basketball uniforms around except for the Kentucky or Dukes of the world, even Kansas and North Carolina has had subtle changes over the years. I know the uniforms have changed a bunch at OU since I started school there in 1982, they were really red back then. As long as they say with crimson as the dominant color, it is fine with me. I do wish they would come out with a cream home uni, even if it is an alternate. Gray, I don't have much of a problem with it as an alternate but I wouldn't want it to be the standard home uni.

birddog
12/9/2007, 01:49 PM
duke wears black uni's from time to time.

bluedogok
12/9/2007, 01:53 PM
I forgot about that, I was mainly thinking of their home whites but there have even been subtle changes to those over the years as well.

richsooner
12/9/2007, 08:36 PM
Seriously?

Ever hear of tradition????? It's part of our tradition. Try out the grey's, how bout throwing them out. Can anyone here imagine if the football team showed up in the fiesta bowl with grey trimmed in white uniforms? Maybe we could paint the helmets black......Ugh.............................

Octavian
12/9/2007, 08:51 PM
BOOOOO!!!

OSUAggie
12/9/2007, 09:51 PM
Which is better:

The grey uni's or the converse uni's that looked like they had been run over?

bstuff1979
12/9/2007, 11:06 PM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n172/wbennettberry/longarlongarwhoa.jpg

I still prefer the white's for home and crimson on the road, but off-white/creme is better than "happy halloween, I've dressed up like a buckeye!"

OUstud
12/10/2007, 12:24 AM
As I stated in my original thread, this is not the only reason I wont be watching the team, its just one more reason for me not to watch.

Right now they are boring as hell to watch play the game and this just adds to my lack of interest. I have no desire to watch an OU team score 20-25 points in a half against quality teams and wear grey uniforms while they are doing it. I might be more inclined to tune in if I saw any progress being made.

I wasnt comparing OU football to basketball, just the uniforms. If Nike gets away with it on the basketbal court, don't think for a minute they arent going to push for something different on the football field. If you accept it now, accept it later too.

- tru

I see where you're coming from. Going beyond the uniform issue for a second, has our offense really changed at all from KS's? Yeah, they may run up the court faster, but other than that it seems all too familiar right now.

That said, when you were watching OU in the grays, they were dominating a somewhat respected Tulsa team (and by respected, I mean "their coach once worked for Tom Izzo, he's special").

As for the football uniforms, apparently Nike has tried their piping and swooshes crap on us, and we're not biting. Yet.

tru2ou
12/10/2007, 04:43 PM
I see where you're coming from. Going beyond the uniform issue for a second, has our offense really changed at all from KS's? Yeah, they may run up the court faster, but other than that it seems all too familiar right now.

That said, when you were watching OU in the grays, they were dominating a somewhat respected Tulsa team (and by respected, I mean "their coach once worked for Tom Izzo, he's special").

As for the football uniforms, apparently Nike has tried their piping and swooshes crap on us, and we're not biting. Yet.

Anyone who knows me, knows how disgusted I was with KS's offense too. I hated the things he did to the program and I hated his attitude toward the fans (i.e. dont say Texas sucks or OSU sucks). I admit it, I went to OU during the Tubbs era and I loved that style. I'd rather lose 90-84 than 60-54. Maybe its just me but I enjoy basketball when I see guys run up and down the court a little. I really don't enjoy watching what they are doing right now and seeing them in grey uniforms adds to the disgust.

The most I ever had at a game was when OU beat U.S. International 173 -101. This was on my birthday and I'll never forget guys jacking up three's at the end of the first half trying to score 100 points. What a great time!

BTW, I like the cream unis as an alternate, somebody make it happen.

- tru

stoopified
12/10/2007, 04:49 PM
Gray as an accent is one thing but as a primary uniform clor?HELL NO!

richsooner
12/14/2007, 08:47 PM

Noone is saying to not support the team because of the stupid gray color. Change them BACK. We're not aggies, we should not change uniforms for any reason.What would be the response if stoops guys showed up on saturday in gray??? It will never happen, never......... Tradition, Tradition, tradition.................Some of you are saying this is not football so it does'nt matter, Yes it does, Sooner athletics are Sooner athletics. Get them back in uniform!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ash
12/14/2007, 09:03 PM
Noone is saying to not support the team because of the stupid gray color.

Actually, yes they are:

The first post in the thread.

I hate the grey uni's but won't give a crap if they wear them as I watch them beat the crap out of the sister lovin' hawgs tomorrow.

bluedogok
12/15/2007, 09:21 PM
Today was the first game that I have seen this season, the horrible officiating that ALL basketball has just drives me nuts so I have pretty much quit watching for my blood pressures sake...but that's another thread I am sure.

Were the uniforms they were wearing today the "gray" uniforms that caused such a stir among a few people or do they have an all gray uniform?

bstuff1979
12/15/2007, 10:08 PM
Today was the first game that I have seen this season, the horrible officiating that ALL basketball has just drives me nuts so I have pretty much quit watching for my blood pressures sake...but that's another thread I am sure.

Were the uniforms they were wearing today the "gray" uniforms that caused such a stir among a few people or do they have an all gray uniform?

http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/images/admin/grayjerseys.jpg

Today's weren't the "grey". Above is. Redundant as it may be, I say that the above comes off as OU trying to be The Oklahoma University.

bluedogok
12/15/2007, 10:37 PM
Yeah, those are not a good look. Nothing to get all wound up about but they really don't need to get those out again. I still haven't seen tOSU in gray unis, just whites so they don't even do it.

Thanks for the pic.

SeattleOUstudent
12/19/2007, 05:24 PM
okay, so who is the lame-*** who has to neg spek peeps for not caring what the basketball uniforms look like?

CtheB
12/19/2007, 06:20 PM

Stud....give it some time. This team is devoid of a reliable scorer. Especially from the perimeter. When Willie Warren gets on campus, with everything else JC has brought in the past two years, the offense will greatly improve.

OUstud
12/19/2007, 06:37 PM
Stud....give it some time. This team is devoid of a reliable scorer. Especially from the perimeter. When Willie Warren gets on campus, with everything else JC has brought in the past two years, the offense will greatly improve.

I know man. The Arky game was hopefully a sign of things to come. We need that same energy both in the stands and on the court tomorrow for Gonzaga. Anyone heard anything about how ticket sales were going, like will we have a good crowd or a mostly-Aggy crowd that turns it into a Gonzaga home game?

SeattleOUstudent
12/28/2007, 08:42 AM
okay, so who is the lame-*** who has to neg spek peeps for not caring what the basketball uniforms look like?

and didnt even have the balls to include their name.

birddog
12/28/2007, 11:00 AM
and didnt even have the balls to include their name.

must be a woman.:D

colleyvillesooner
12/29/2007, 06:26 PM
They're baaaaaaaaack...

soonermeteor
12/29/2007, 06:32 PM
God... I turned on the game and didn't even recognize the sooners.... i think people will have to adjust their sets to make sure they are watching Oklahoma:rolleyes:

Dear OU Basketball,

OUr colOUrs are CRIMSON and CREME....

thank yOU,

sooner fans

NorthernIowaSooner
12/29/2007, 07:47 PM
ive gone from ok with them to just thinking their kinda ugly and would rather see the crimson jerseys

SleestakSooner
12/29/2007, 08:51 PM
They might just be a good luck charm. Undefeated in the thunderstorm grey and crimson unis now.

soonersmith
12/29/2007, 09:05 PM
I think I'm one of the few that actually likes them. Now, I still prefer the Crimson and the Cream uniforms over the grey. But I don't think it hurts to have a third uniform and I think grey is a good choice.

tulsaoilerfan
12/29/2007, 09:07 PM
I kinda like the grey also, but only as an alternate uni

GrapevineSooner
12/30/2007, 01:57 AM
I'm of the opinion that scarlet and gray looks nice.

Crimson and gray?

Ehhhh, notsomuch. :(

bstuff1979
12/31/2007, 02:45 AM
I'm still of the belief that the grey is something that makes the Sooners look a little bit like they are "buckeye" wanna-be's. BUT, (and that's a big but) if it continues to support the kind of play that won against the flaming torch of furniture that is West by-gosh Virnginy...be ugly and be ugly and grey often. To be completely honest, I'm much more a football fan (and x's and o's junkie) than b-ball guy. I love to play the pickup game, but don't have the slightest clue as far as the mechanics of it all. If an ugly arse ohio state look-a-like uni can pull off that kind of game (the first that I've recorded -t'vod after it was obvious that this game was WOW- since the '87-88 'zona final four game) ...then by all means, go for it.

stoopified
12/31/2007, 10:02 AM
As long as they ain't adding orange OR black to the unis I can live with it.The worst were Galloways black baseball jerseys.

hellogoodbye
12/31/2007, 11:44 AM
Its a curious phenomena - watching and cheering for a bball team that I love, yet being totally p*ssed all during the game because it's not OUr color.

Personally I think the solid crimson is cool. You can do a lot of design with C&C (or white) on unis, but leave the color scheme alone please.

GrapevineSooner
12/31/2007, 12:34 PM
Well, the Dallas Stars used to wear what some of us unaffectionately referred to as a Mooterus jersey.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/2/2e/150px-Stars_secondary_bull_logo.jpg

And we still cheered them on. :D

Pigface1
12/31/2007, 12:39 PM
Eh, it could be a lot worse. OSU's bike short uniforms w/ Byron Houston come to mind. Holy ****. lol

cheezyq
12/31/2007, 02:58 PM
I like what they did with accenting the white unis with the gray stripe, but the gray uniforms are just plain ugly. Go back to the crimson/creme, please.

OUmillenium
1/1/2008, 02:21 PM
I will not officially come out against the gray until we lose in them. Right now I kinda get fired up when I see them just because we have played so well in them.

The_Red_Patriot
1/2/2008, 10:02 AM
Grey uniforms========

http://www.rudebritain.co.uk/images/puke.jpg

OUmillenium
1/5/2008, 02:45 PM
As long as they ain't adding orange OR black to the unis I can live with it.The worst were Galloways black baseball jerseys.

I agree, talk about a Red Raider nightmare!

rubyspirit
1/6/2008, 01:57 PM
The unis are cool. Good change. There might be something new for the football team next year. Might change their BCS bowl record. LOL!

I noticed a lot of the Sooners fan gear has grey, and for us ladies, pink available now.

Its a new millennium. Get with the times.

Chuck Bao
1/6/2008, 04:06 PM
This thread would be so at home at Baylorfans.

Honestly, the color of the unis didn't bother me at all.

If the team likes it, I'm all for it. If they win, like at WVU, I'm going to have to buy one, even if it's pink.

CNCSooner
1/6/2008, 09:41 PM
Color doesn't matter as long as they are winning.

OUmillenium
1/7/2008, 12:28 PM
Becoming a fan of gray = undefeated in em