PDA

View Full Version : R.J. Washington

KHS Sooner
12/6/2007, 10:41 PM
I'm talking to him on myspace, he didn't get to see the game, because he had a game. :D

When and where is the replay?

Frozen Sooner
12/6/2007, 10:49 PM
Heh.

Erm. Be careful. You fall under the NCAA definition of a booster.

Just sayin'. Kentucky got into trouble last year over booster contacts with a recruit on MySpace.

KHS Sooner
12/6/2007, 10:52 PM
I'm in high school...so i cant be a booster ;)

mrjeffmaxwell
12/7/2007, 06:34 PM
I made him a OU sooner background and it's his profile pic! Woo!

KHS Sooner
12/7/2007, 06:41 PM
I saw that, nice.

mrjeffmaxwell
12/7/2007, 07:42 PM
I take it you're Mr.Holmes?

KHS Sooner
12/7/2007, 08:16 PM
I take it you're Mr.Holmes?

Yep.

PLaw
12/7/2007, 08:58 PM
I'm in high school...so i cant be a booster ;)

hmmm, just don't be a knucklehead. I'm pretty confident the NCAA would figure a way to turn any relationship with a recruit on us no matter how innocent.

We all have a responsibilty to abide by the rules.

BOOMER

Ash
12/7/2007, 09:05 PM
Anyone with more info correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that there's quite a bit of gray area in this rule and technically if you buy tickets to go to games you qualify as a "booster" for the athletic program under this rule.

Any fan contacting recruits via myspace are playing with fire. I'd just leave it alone...just my two bits.

sooner59
12/7/2007, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I say just leave it alone and leave him to his business. He is going to be a sooner next season anyway, so theres no reason to compromise that.

Frozen Sooner
12/8/2007, 03:21 PM
Anyone with more info correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that there's quite a bit of gray area in this rule and technically if you buy tickets to go to games you qualify as a "booster" for the athletic program under this rule.

Any fan contacting recruits via myspace are playing with fire. I'd just leave it alone...just my two bits.

By the strict letter of the law, registering for this site makes you a booster.

fadada1
12/8/2007, 03:28 PM
if you give him $300,000 and a house for his folks to live in, 5 years from now you can write a book about and make millions.

Ardmore_Sooner
12/8/2007, 04:10 PM
So could I pose as a Texas fan and get UT in trouble with recruits? It just seems stupid that anyone could get in trouble for talking to people. I guess I was a booster for telling Gresham to come to OU.

usmc-sooner
12/8/2007, 05:09 PM
I've been making illegal payments to players for years. Bring it on NCAA

Stitch Face
12/8/2007, 05:11 PM
I bought the dude a Bentley, so what?

Big Red Ron
12/8/2007, 05:22 PM
:D
I've been making illegal payments to players for years. Bring it on NCAAI'm not sure they count massages.

Frozen Sooner
12/8/2007, 05:28 PM
So could I pose as a Texas fan and get UT in trouble with recruits? It just seems stupid that anyone could get in trouble for talking to people. I guess I was a booster for telling Gresham to come to OU.

By the strict letter of the law, yes. If you were registered on LHFZ or whatever, you could be considered a booster for UT. That being said, the NCAA would likely uncover that you were actually an OU fan and simply penalize you by barring you from participation in any booster activities for ANY member university-and make sure that member universities knew it was their job to monitor that.

I assume you knew Jermaine Gresham before he was a recruitable athlete or knew him from some venue outside of athletics, since you're both from Ardmore. So long as you didn't offer any inducement, telling a friend that where he should go to school is OK.

The NCAA enforcement of booster violations is kind of like the Supreme Court's opinion on obscenity: can't really define it that well, but you know it when you see it.

colinreturn
12/8/2007, 10:05 PM
i talk to RJ all the time on myspace. big freaking deal. im not representing anybody but me.