PDA

View Full Version : If the Heisman was really for the Best CFB Player, IMO!

Collier11
12/6/2007, 03:51 PM
Tim Tebow
Kevin Smith
Sam Bradford
Darren Mcfadden
Michael Crabtree
Matt Forte-look up his stats

Left OUt:

Daniels-two worst games against same team, lost both
Brennan- has had bad games against bad teams

Civicus_Sooner
12/6/2007, 03:53 PM
I would vote for Kevin Smith. That is an incedible amount of yards. Plus, he's AD's size and will likely play on Sundays.

bstuff1979
12/6/2007, 05:26 PM
I'd put McFadden first with Tebow second. Crabtree at a distant third.

soonerinabilene
12/6/2007, 05:29 PM
I'd put McFadden first with Tebow second. Crabtree at a distant third.

Not bashing your opinion at all, just wondering why you would put McFadden over Tebow.

Collier11
12/6/2007, 05:59 PM
Not bashing your opinion at all, just wondering why you would put McFadden over Tebow.

yea, I dont quite get that? Mcfadden took games off, Tebow never did, Tebow set records, Mcfadden also fumbles alot. Both are great, just saying that Tebow is better IMHO!

TUSooner
12/6/2007, 06:23 PM
About Matt Forte - he played for a miserable team (my own Tulane), but had more than 2000 yards and other amazing stats as the only weapon of a weak and inconsistent offense.
I'd trade him for Reggie Bush today, because he actually KNOWS how to run to the hole and to use his blocking.
He'd certainly no AD physically, but he runs intelligently (and hard) like AD does.

bstuff1979
12/6/2007, 07:01 PM

On the whole, I think McFadden is a better player. Tebow is very good, if not excellent, at a number of things while McFadden is almost (and I emphasize almost) "AD" good at what he does. In addition, Tebow has a team around him (aside from a runningback) to help him look good. Obviously, that isn't to say that Tebow wouldn't be phenomenal with lesser personel. The only other "elite"/AA player at Arkansas is McFadden's backup. If I had to be honest, for me it almost comes down to a preference towards runningback as opposed to qb. That and McFadden's nickname, "Humanity Advanced", is far cooler than whatever Tebow's is (if he has one). Throw in that McFadden's coach, at times, comes/came off like a total lunatic and it's no contest. To sum up, it's apples and oranges. They're about even, in all honesty.

Crucifax Autumn
12/7/2007, 02:07 AM
Screw it...Cancel the Heisman this year!