PDA

View Full Version : "For One More Day" movie

The Maestro
12/6/2007, 02:38 PM
Interested to see this Sunday night. It is based on the Mitch Albom book. Don't ask me why, but I saw a piece about this on Oprah yesterday...Mitch Albom is a great writer and this is an interesting movie, it seems. Basically, what would you do if you could spend one more day with someone who has passed on from this life. They were asking all kinds of people about it and it got me thinking...who would I spend it with and what would I do?

Well, I have been blessed to avoid great family tragedy, but I was very close with my Great Grandmother. Mammy was the sweetest lady and the world's best cook! She was always a great encouragement to me and even told me I was "just healthy" when everyone else knew I was "FAT!!!" :)

I'd spend the day with her just talking, eating some chicken and dumplins, fried okra, hot water cornbread and banana pudding...listening to her sing so old lady like, but she certainly loved to...and helping her in that garden in east Texas pick the world's greatest tomatoes. We'd even watch a little "Wheel of Fortune" together since that was her favorite.

So...if given the chance...who and what would you do? Can't wait to see the movie.