PDA

View Full Version : Report: Crawford ordered "hit" on Steve Moore

JohnnyMack
12/6/2007, 11:27 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22123077/

Apparently Bertuzzi validates this claim while under oath. Says Crawford told the team he "must pay the price".

HoserSooner
12/6/2007, 02:05 PM
Wouldn't surprise me that he put a hit on Moore.

Allthough I don't think he had in mind what Bertuzzi did.

He indeed needed to be straightened out, but I think breaking his neck and ending his career is a bit overboard.

Scott D
12/6/2007, 08:29 PM
While I have always thought Marc Crawford was a rectum of a donkey for the better part of the last 15 years, I think the article is misrepresenting things. I doubt Crawford told anyone to break Moore's neck. And Moore had to know that he was being considered a marked man for the Naslund incident. What happened was tragic, but I don't think the end result was intentional by any means.

Mixer!
12/6/2007, 09:23 PM
And the NHL still wonders why America hasn't accepted their sport the way they have the NBA, NASCAR, and Arenaball.

HoserSooner
12/6/2007, 11:51 PM
And the NHL still wonders why America hasn't accepted their sport the way they have the NBA, NASCAR, and Arenaball.

I've never been able to figure out why the NHL feels that getting rid of violence/fighting will draw more American viewers? Violence sells, no matter what country you are pimping your product to.

Scott D
12/7/2007, 12:18 PM

I think it's pretty much been proven that Americans need constant breaks in whatever the sport is for them to have any interest in it. Anything that can be played with fluidity and depending on the officials few stoppages in play therefore fewer commercial breaks will never sell on television.

p.s. auto racing is the exception, mainly because what happens for the first few hours doesn't mean anything to anyone that isn't 'hardcore' (part of the reason NASCAR ratings are starting to hit freefall stage despite ESPN's desire to promote the sport as much as possible.) so they can take as many breaks as they want during the course of it while the action continues...the same way they do with golf.

bluedogok
12/16/2007, 10:03 PM
Marc Crawford is a punk with a grudge when it comes to the Av's, he just needs to get over it. They fired you, big deal, that happens ALL the time in pro sports. Grow a set and be a man....Sorry, I forgot we were talking about Crawford......he shouldn't be allowed to coach anymore.

HoserSooner
12/19/2007, 11:10 PM
This all goes back to the Instigator rule being put in by Bettman.

If there is no instigator rule, then Moore doesn't go anywhere near Naslund in the first place, Crawford doesn't need to order "a hit", and Bertuzzi doesn't have to take Moore out with a punch to the back of the head.

This sh!t is going to keep on going, until either they get rid of that ridiculous rule, or somebody dies, because players don't have any fear of retribution for their actions on the ice.