PDA

View Full Version : Two aTm players arrested! Read on...

LoyalFan
12/6/2007, 06:53 AM
As if the Franstorm wasn't enough!

From the local media down thar:

Two Texas A&M football players, including a former Bryan High star, have been arrested.

Offensive lineman Yemi Babalola and defensive end Brandon Joiner were arrested Wednesday afternoon, with Babalola accused of an aggravated robbery last Thursday.

Around 3:45 p.m. on November 29, College Station authorities were called to the Callaway Villas Apartments on Marion Pugh after a resident reported two men forcefully entered the residence, including striking the person who answered the door.

That resident and a friend were bound with tape and held at gunpoint while small items were taken.

Another resident of the apartment was able to escape through a third-floor window, according to authorities.

Acting on a search warrant Wednesday, authorities went to Babalola's home and found evidence, along with marijuana. He is charged with two counts of aggravated robbery and a count of possession of marijuana. Aggravated robbery is a first degree felony and is punishable by between 5 and 99 years in jail and a fine of up to $10,000.

Babalola is a 21-year-old junior who starred on the Bryan High School offensive line.

Authorities say they gained enough evidence at Babalola's home to obtain a search warrant on Joiner's residence.

When they performed that second search, authorities say they found more evidence, along with marijuana, ecstacy and hydrocodone.

Joiner has not been charged with aggravated robbery, but does face one count of possession of marijuana and two counts of possession of a controlled substance.

Joiner is an 18-year-old freshman defensive end from Killeen who played at Shoemaker High School.

When contacted Wednesday night, Associate Athletic Director for Media Relations Alan Cannon said, "We take charges very seriously and will deal with the issue when all the facts are gathered, and we will cooperate with law enforcement."

Babalola has no prior arrests in Brazos County, according to online court records. His bond is set at $52,000, and he was still listed as in jail as of late Wednesday night.

Joiner was not yet listed on the county's judicial website.
End Story

LF's observation...If someone had named me "Yemi Babalola" I'd probably "act out" too.

SoonerTerry
12/6/2007, 08:20 AM
future starter at OSU?

NS5
12/6/2007, 08:34 AM
That helps our cause, since we are chasing a couple of aTm commits.
These guys are difinately not in the Corp, don't you think that's true LF?

SoonerTerry
12/6/2007, 08:46 AM

pppssstt .. . none of those guys are REALLY in the corps

Dio
12/6/2007, 09:04 AM
who do they think they are- longwhorns?

Spanish Sooner
12/6/2007, 09:29 AM
who do they think they are- longwhorns?

Well the over achieving aggies do always strive to be better than them

on the field, in the classroom, so it makes sense that they would attempt to be better in the criminal world too. ;)

XingTheRubicon
12/6/2007, 10:09 AM
The tide is indeed turning for supremacy in the "2nd place in the South" chase.

soonerinabilene
12/6/2007, 10:19 AM
This is why people should listen to Jesse Jackson and not have guns. If these two fine, outstanding citizens did not have a gun that whispers in their ear every night to do stupid crap, this never would have happened.

(note: I am being very sarcastic in these remarks. For those that did not hear it, at Sean Taylor's funeral, Jesse Jackson went off about handguns and how they cause way too much crime. Its not the people using them that cause the crime. Its the guns. Thats like saying a spoon made Rosie O'donnel fat.)

SoonerMom2
12/6/2007, 10:26 AM
Football players are never in the Corps. In fact most of the A&M student body is NOT in the Corps. Being in the Corps doesn't even mean you are going in the military. You can spend four years in the Corps and never serve a day in the military which makes the guys with the swords look even more ridiculous. Not everyone in their band plays either -- they look for the best marchers that can look like they are playing an instrument. Welcome to Texas A&M!

LoyalFan
12/6/2007, 10:48 AM

Right you are. Few, if any, jocks are in the Corps at aTm.
BTW, feeling marginally better than when we last spoke. Had cabin fever so badly last night that I showered and shaved 'n went out for a while. Didn't last long.

LF

BudSooner
12/6/2007, 12:03 PM
I have nothing of value to add here.

Big Red Ron
12/6/2007, 12:09 PM
I'm glad they told us when the story was over. I would have been flamouched all day wondering where the rest of the story was.

Spanish Sooner
12/6/2007, 12:44 PM
ya, the corp, which I have nothing against, I have brother in it, he likes it, so thats good enough for me. But it really is part ROTC, part Fraternity....and part cult ;)

Crucifax Autumn
12/7/2007, 01:59 AM
I wonder where these guys are gonna transfer...Miami or Uterus.

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2007, 02:03 AM
Aggie delenda est.

Crucifax Autumn
12/7/2007, 02:39 AM
Yep...Burn 'em to the ground.

Seek & Destroy!

soonerboomer93
12/7/2007, 03:14 AM
maybe the aggies wanted a head start on winning a fulmer cup, since that's the closest thing to a MNC they'll be winning any time soon

Crucifax Autumn
12/7/2007, 03:32 AM
Well, I DO know that this year and next and most other years from now on and from now before, they'll be licking someone's cup...Someone wearing Crimson!

Octavian
12/7/2007, 04:17 AM
The tide is indeed turning for supremacy in the "2nd place in the South" chase.